The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2023, 10:55 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,140 Likes on 12,206 Posts

Originally Posted by BTLorys
East coast definitely has more "life," west seems more laid back, in general. The places I've visited on the east coast always felt like a "New York south," just seems like everybody from the North East sticks to the east coast.
Lol...."life". As a Midwesterner working for a Boston based firm, and dealing with New Yorkers now living in Florida, I found their "life" contributions to be unsettling. I'll confine my criticisms to those individuals as I have many east coast friends. But damn, they were hard to work with! Obnoxious, foul mouthed, and mean spirited! If I had to give them a compliment it was that they didn't just stab you in the back, but front, sides, top, and bottom!

The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 11:00 AM
BTLorys
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,680 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Lol...."life". As a Midwesterner working for a Boston based firm, and dealing with New Yorkers now living in Florida, I found their "life" contributions to be unsettling. I'll confine my criticisms to those individuals as I have many east coast friends. But damn, they were hard to work with! Obnoxious, foul mouthed, and mean spirited! If I had to give them a compliment it was that they didn't just stab you in the back, but front, sides, top, and bottom!
You won't hear any argument from me there.

Old 11-06-2023, 11:01 AM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
I can tell you that NY snowturds are the worst of the worst, loud/obnoxious/ill-tempered pot smoking drunks.

Old 11-06-2023, 11:39 AM
BTLorys
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,680 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by ANIMAL03
I can tell you that NY snowturds are the worst of the worst, loud/obnoxious/ill-tempered pot smoking drunks.
Ah, southern hospitality at its finest

Old 11-06-2023, 11:44 AM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by BTLorys
Ah, southern hospitality at its finest
Well I'm originally from Boston so there's that.

And I did say snowturds, Canadians are next on the list, they like to drive 20 MPH under the speed limit on all roads.
My home state turds aren't any better these are to only ones in my 8 years of living are the ones that toss trash out the windows of cars.
Don't even get me started on the morons wearing mask driving convertibles... with the MF'ING top down. I'll definitely get video of that this snowturd season.

Last edited by ANIMAL03; 11-06-2023 at 11:50 AM.
BTLorys (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 12:19 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,297 Likes on 6,040 Posts

When I was still werking our corporate offices were in Connecticut. They really had no idea on how manufacturing works! Being in the mid-west, auto country, we had many suppliers available to us that had good products and good prices. Corporate insisted we use their east coast suppliers who took several days to quote, very light or no inventory, excessive shipping costs, and higher prices than what I could get locally. Often times corporate had "deals" set up with those suppliers who provided an annual check back to the corporate offices. I had many arguments with my "bosses" out east why I bought locally and proved I saved time and money!! Best one was when a production machine went down and I got parts locally to get production back up and running in a day or so. Boss called and reamed me a new one! I told him fine, next time a machine goes down, I will use your source and let management here know why production was down and that it was due to restrictions from you, my "boss". He did not like it and was really pissed next time production went down and we were out for over a week!! Told the big wigs out east I could have gotten parts and production up and running in a couple days if my boss had not directed me to use his sources. Boy I felt good for that one!!!

ANIMAL03 (11-06-2023)
Old 11-06-2023, 01:15 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member

For those of us that worked production don't even get me started on fishbone problem solving/6s or who moved my cheese any of the other time consuming waste of my time idiotic management '' it will make production run smooth'' F.M.R.

Old 11-06-2023, 02:59 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,297 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Well here I sit, impatiently waiting for 5pm. MSU basketball game tonight....tip at 830. Couple of us meet at a certain bar for burger and beer, then head to game. Wanna get there before the afterwork crowd gets there and take all the tables, yet don't wanna sit there and have one two many Alaskan Ambers!! I hate these late games!!

Old 11-06-2023, 03:16 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
The dog hasn't changed to Daylight Savings. Who can I contact to have this corrected?
Ask a dairy farmer, they know what to do.

Old 11-06-2023, 03:21 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by JINKSTER
Oh! And I ran into a celebrity at the snake store! LOL

and a cool bike…I bet these folks have HD some stiff competition! LOL
Damn I feel old, I remember those. May have ridden one, don't remember if it was a Ward's or Sears. No idea who the celebrity is, all young blondes look alike to me. Is she the one that is or was married to Nick Lachey? My daughter says he's a nice guy. Enough about that...

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.