The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2023, 07:15 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,876 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan L
I don’t want to draw conclusions but this screams “harpy”.
She resembles Kathy Lee Gifford.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:24 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,799 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Evening, guys.
Thanks for putting up that vid of Salma, Mick. Led me down a rabbit hole.

The following users liked this post:
OKMICK (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 07:48 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I never go over 1/2 mile on my treadmill (or real walking), my feet start hurting a little past that. Have a couple other exercise machines I've gotten lax on this summer, but when the yard work is over for the winter, I'll use those more. Other than moving snow, which I try to do as little of as possible, those machines are about all the exercise I get in winter.
I have to do the elliptical 3 X a week and walk 2-3 miles the other 4 days or I'll gain all m y weight back, it took me 90 weeks to lose 112 pounds and I'll be damned if I gain it all back.

Imold (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 07:49 PM
JINKSTER
Road Master
Received 877 Likes on 436 Posts

Hate to switch gears on Selma but a friend messaged me and it looks like I might start making preparations to ride up to Jonesborough, TN either Wednesday or Thursday and debating whether I should attempt the 738 mile trip in one day.

I’m pretty excited about the prospect of this trip but there will be a bit chilly.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:49 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,743 Likes on 12,048 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Sherri drags me clothes shopping for a LONG time and none of the 3 stores have a 'man chair' near the dressing rooms.

In store#3 my back and leg are aching. I tell her I am going to sit and wait in the car.

I promptly hand her the bags of stuff already purchased and turn to leave.

Bad move.
Mick, I know it was a temporary lapse, but lets cover the "right way" to respond - "Honey, I want to free up my arms to carry more of your purchases. I'll run out to the car and carefully arrange them in the trunk. Text me when you're ready for me to come get more bags." Then you drop off the bags in the trunk, head to the nearest bar (hopefully on the grounds), have a cerveza, and scan HDF from your phone.

Originally Posted by krwould
Posted this in the other thread.

I have been working on the Ultra, took the tourpak off, added quick detach hardware, license relocated, sissy bar and luggage rack from HogWorkz. I should have done this a few years ago, makes riding solo a lot better on my ole azz! Added new exhaust tips, the chrome was peeling on the old ones.

I only put the tourpack on if we're going for a long ride and Cheryl is onboard. Other than that it stays off. It really raises the center of gravity.

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Either the guy did it the right way - kill yourself and then kill a bunch of unarmed people, or someone did it for him. That's an odd story to be sure.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:51 PM
ANIMAL03
Grand HDF Member
Received 757 Likes on 479 Posts

I'll be doing a microphone test with the GoPro tomorrow, gonna try a new mic in a different location to see if I can get a little better audio.
I know it sounds ok as is, But I believe I can get it better.... Maybe.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:17 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,282 Likes on 6,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
Thanks Scott and Mick. I have only been a member of the band for 2 1/2 years. I have known Robbie, the guitarist and songwriter for the band since we played in the same band through the 90's. He went on to form this trio and have put out 4 records over the years. We continued to get together and do a side acoustic project over the years. We played my stuff, his stuff and covers and were sometimes joined by our vocalist and blues harp player from our band in the 90's. Finally in 2020 Robbie called me and asked my to join TB. They had released their 4th record and decided to add a second guitar player to play those parts they recorded but were missing when they played live. Covid had gigging stifled and they were doing live internet shows. They asked me because I had already knew a lot of the songs from doing them acoustically with Robbie. I had retired from the Tonebenders after many years to pursue an acoustic solo or duo act so I was available. I was somewhat reluctant because retirement from the late night gigs was great, but once I started playing with them I was hooked. They are a great guys and I really enjoy playing with them. I think the feeling is mutual. I did not write any of the songs on the upcoming release but I contributed a little with production of arrangements and came up with a few ideas that made it to tape. I did a couple solos too. Not sure when it will be released but it should be soon. I think it's all in the can so now there is just engineering and such to go.
OK Jeff....this may be stupid question, but if you just recorded a tape, and waiting for release, is this something one could purchase from you? I would like to buy your tape/cd/digital recording!! Let me know or PM me??
Thanks!

Tonebender (10-31-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 08:19 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,282 Likes on 6,028 Posts

Oh yeah.... and late evening pass thru.... trying to catch up on the happenings around here. Won't be long and I'll be hitting the rack.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:29 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,799 Likes on 9,866 Posts

For all you Vikings fans if you didn't already know: Cousins is out with a torn Achilles tendon. Ooof.

Old 10-30-2023, 08:31 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,743 Likes on 12,048 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
For all you Vikings fans if you didn't already know: Cousins is out with a torn Achilles tendon. Ooof.
Yeah, that's some bad luck right there. I saw the replay and he just twisted his ankle all on his own basically.

On the bright side, now the Vikings don't have a lock on second place in the division. It will be a 3 way battle to the bottom between them, the Bears, and the Pack.

M Oclaf (10-31-2023)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.