The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2023, 07:02 AM
JINKSTER
Road Master
Received 879 Likes on 437 Posts

Morn'in all. I woke up to a brisk 75 degrees, 74% humidity and 2% chance of rain. 0% chance of snow. LOL!

It isn't all rose water and lilacs though as the forcast is also "mostly cloudy". IOW's? Perfect riding conditions with minimal sunblock needed.

All 3 dogs have been fed and let out back to relieve themselves.

Breakfast for me was peanut butter and butter on rye toast.

I might give Bathsheba a wipe down and ride. Need to swing by the dealer for an intake gasket as I'm going to be installing an external breather but for now?

God is good and I'm headed for my 2nd cup of coffee.

The following users liked this post:
ANIMAL03 (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 07:09 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,264 Likes on 3,554 Posts

Good morning all. We had a nice ride to the Chop Block last evening. Dinner was outstanding but they sure are high on beer. They did not have Modelo or Yuengling GP, but they had Presidente. Okay says I, it's a pilsner, that will do just fine. I had two with the meal. When I got the bill and saw the total I thought it was a little steep so I checked the itemized portion to discover Presidente was $12 each. That is the cost of a beer at a Rays game or a Lightning game. Me thinks it is a bit of a gouge.

Today I endeavor to acquire new locks for my saddlebags on the Road King. I bought it used and never had a key to the one side and last night the other side decided to just spin around and around. Worked fine the last time I locked it. It may be fixable but I still would not have a key to one side so it's time to get a new set with a key.

BTLorys (10-30-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 07:10 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,878 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Try some decaf, Amigo.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:11 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Morning Woods.
Off to shuffle, not much new here. Oh, it's cold.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:14 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Be safe out there, Stan...and warm.

Northern Glide (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 07:31 AM
JINKSTER
Road Master
Received 879 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
Good morning all. We had a nice ride to the Chop Block last evening. Dinner was outstanding but they sure are high on beer. They did not have Modelo or Yuengling GP, but they had Presidente. Okay says I, it's a pilsner, that will do just fine. I had two with the meal. When I got the bill and saw the total I thought it was a little steep so I checked the itemized portion to discover Presidente was $12 each. That is the cost of a beer at a Rays game or a Lightning game. Me thinks it is a bit of a gouge.

Today I endeavor to acquire new locks for my saddlebags on the Road King. I bought it used and never had a key to the one side and last night the other side decided to just spin around and around. Worked fine the last time I locked it. It may be fixable but I still would not have a key to one side so it's time to get a new set with a key.
I'm blessed to say I've been clean & sober for 13+ years (for the 2nd time in my life) however it has been my observation that when it comes to the more haughty dining establishments that the cost of mood altering libations typically exhibits an exponential increase in cost especially in the case of Beer because the establishment managers know that while beer and atmosphere kind or rhyme? The combination is not conducive to maintaining the sort of atmosphere the stereotypical haughty establishment seeks to provide its patrons so at $12 a pop? Even the well off will be hesitant to over indulge.

Moral to the story? There's only one place to get sports bar priced beer and it usually comes with wings instead of top shelf, aged to perfection steaks! LOL!

I bet the food was great though!

Tonebender (10-28-2023)
Old 10-28-2023, 07:49 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender

you thought beer was expensive, wait until you see what HD wants for lock cylinders, $64 dollars each last time I checked 😳

Old 10-28-2023, 07:50 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,802 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Morning, Woodys!
Just started snowing here.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:53 AM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

Morning woods,

At the werkflo for some Sat biz as I am taking next Friday off and trying to save some PTO. Keeping my PTO banked when I can as I may be heading to the last frontier next summer on the bike.

Old 10-28-2023, 07:54 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Wow, you're going into space,Rick? Impressive

iRider (10-28-2023)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.