The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 10:53 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 8,953 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Well, plans were changed for me this morning. I got out a few miles and it started to rain. Just looked overcast, which is my favorite for photos. Long story short, I turned around. 88 miles on the new bike, i dont need to explain the tires and rain right now.

Old 07-07-2023, 10:59 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan L

2%ers on the way!
Are we sure that’s milk.
mikes pic is ample enough to milk most
so to speak.

Old 07-07-2023, 11:58 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

So, last week I completed all my assessments and got the paperwork in to HR and the Sheriff. I went to the office in person on Monday and spoke to everyone. I was told possibly Thursday, but that came and went.

I called HR today and didn't get a response so I sent a message. Nothing. I called my boss. He said they're working on it today but I won't be by Monday at this point. WTF!? I feel like I want to be at work more than they want me there, but they're paying me to be away.

Old 07-07-2023, 12:10 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 29,515 Likes on 9,778 Posts

They have to make sure they've dotted their I's and crossed their T's. If you get hurt before you're cleared, they're facing a lawsuit

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 12:40 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by gamble71
They have to make sure they've dotted their I's and crossed their T's. If you get hurt before you're cleared, they're facing a lawsuit
I completely understand, and the things I've faced at work rival a TV show. That said, I've been cleared for office work and I'm not even carrying a gun (on duty). I just want to get back to my office so I can close put some old cases and get caught up before I start my journey to getting behind again.

Old 07-07-2023, 02:13 PM
BTLorys
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 2,680 Likes on 1,236 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
So, last week I completed all my assessments and got the paperwork in to HR and the Sheriff. I went to the office in person on Monday and spoke to everyone. I was told possibly Thursday, but that came and went.

I called HR today and didn't get a response so I sent a message. Nothing. I called my boss. He said they're working on it today but I won't be by Monday at this point. WTF!? I feel like I want to be at work more than they want me there, but they're paying me to be away.
I completely understand, and the things I've faced at work rival a TV show. That said, I've been cleared for office work and I'm not even carrying a gun (on duty). I just want to get back to my office so I can close put some old cases and get caught up before I start my journey to getting behind again.
Chris, I completely resonate with the eagerness, I would be the same X 50 in your situation so it is hard to even tell you to slow your roll... but you have been through a lot. **** takes time. You will be fine.

Don't get bummed if it's taking longer than anticipated. That is how you get hurt and set yourself back

Again, saying this as somebody who isn't laid up waiting to get back at it...

The following 2 users liked this post by BTLorys:
nevada72 (07-07-2023), NoRegerts (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 02:23 PM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,515 Likes on 9,778 Posts

I remember those days, don't miss em

Old 07-07-2023, 04:28 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BTLorys
Chris, I completely resonate with the eagerness, I would be the same X 50 in your situation so it is hard to even tell you to slow your roll... but you have been through a lot. **** takes time. You will be fine.

Don't get bummed if it's taking longer than anticipated. That is how you get hurt and set yourself back

Again, saying this as somebody who isn't laid up waiting to get back at it...
Brian, I completely understand. My foot hurts like hell, but it's not going to be injured by being used. It will just hurt so bad i can't walk if I'm not careful. I even git my mower working and stsrted cutting the %@*$&"@ grass today.

My frustration is, no one seems to believe I know my body and there shouldn't be anything holding me back from sitting at a GD desk.

I can ride my motorcycle without pain and issue. I can rock it side to side, and back into the garage without straining myself, but I'm told to take it easy. What is expected of me? Sitting in a chair or lying in bed forever?

I'm a cop, I take down bad guys, I fight, I don't sit still. I've been patiently recovering and I'm at a point I can start to function. At no point have I said I'm perfect again. I understand I have some limitations, but I'm absolutrly going to push myself to those boundaries without injuring myself. I just wish people would let me.

I'm just frustrated. I can do more than they're letting me. I can sit at a desk and clear out old cases. I'd be getting paid the same as doing nothing, but contributing to society.

Old 07-07-2023, 04:55 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Brian, I completely understand. My foot hurts like hell, but it's not going to be injured by being used. It will just hurt so bad i can't walk if I'm not careful. I even git my mower working and stsrted cutting the %@*$&"@ grass today.

My frustration is, no one seems to believe I know my body and there shouldn't be anything holding me back from sitting at a GD desk.

I can ride my motorcycle without pain and issue. I can rock it side to side, and back into the garage without straining myself, but I'm told to take it easy. What is expected of me? Sitting in a chair or lying in bed forever?

I'm a cop, I take down bad guys, I fight, I don't sit still. I've been patiently recovering and I'm at a point I can start to function. At no point have I said I'm perfect again. I understand I have some limitations, but I'm absolutrly going to push myself to those boundaries without injuring myself. I just wish people would let me.

I'm just frustrated. I can do more than they're letting me. I can sit at a desk and clear out old cases. I'd be getting paid the same as doing nothing, but contributing to society.

Limitations are for other people. Go as far as you can! You dont know where your limits are until you brush up against them.

The following 2 users liked this post by soft 02:
LoneBone (07-07-2023), NoRegerts (07-07-2023)
Old 07-07-2023, 05:33 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,297 Likes on 6,040 Posts

So....I have typically had fangs on the front of my bikes for buffeting issues. With this new bike (21 SG) I have noticed a lot of heat from the right side. I removed the cat, removed the fangs, installed DK Custom tank deflectors, raised tank 1-1/2" and mid frame deflector. Our trip out west and back was somewhat brutal on me, my head and vision. Lots of head movement....not buffeting where I was rattled, but definite wind around that affected my vision mostly. So today I put the fangs back on and took a ride. Wind was definitely gone from around my head, and I did notice heat on right side again. I'll leave these on for a while and see how things really go. The heat felt might be in my head, or it could have been from sun shining behind me. I gotta get some rides in with various weather conditions to see if heat is still an issue. Some of these little things really make me think again about how long I might ride. I wish I had these on going out west to see how things went.
Just a rant on my part.....sorry for the boring conversation.....

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.