The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 09:34 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,152 Likes on 12,213 Posts

Morning John and all others in attendance! John, it may sounds like my priorities are askew, but I noticed the shoes your girl is wearing are just like a pair Cheryl has.

In other news, I am flirting with disaster so close to WS23. I was (and hopefully still am) going for a couples ride Saturday with Y2K and his wife and Cheryl. I've been uneasy about the tires on the RK as they came with the bike and appear kind of old. Verified - date stamp says 2011. One strike. They are worn down close to the wear bars. Two strikes. And I saw a crack between the treads. Three strikes. So I did a mad scramble to find Dunlop American Elites last night. Found the front at Cycle Gear in Vancouver. Of course the rear is in Portland, so that had to wait to today. I will say, I have never bought tires from Cycle Gear. I was very impressed with them yesterday. Manager, Angel, has 12 bikes! She really knew her **** and educated me on a few tire facts.

@LoneBone - Did the front, which is dimensionally very close to the rear on this vintage RK. No issues at all with the Cycle Hill changer. In fact it was easier than the back dirtbike tire. I've always thought those were harder to do than street tires anyway. They have super stiff sidewalls and I run 6 ply, so beefy as F. I'll do the rear mid morning and with any luck it goes just as well. Fingers crossed.

@Juan L - Picked up 2 bottles of Ride On. Damn......they are proud of that stuff. I tried to read the directions but it involved math, so I gave up immediately. About how much goes in each tire? Any helpful hints? And yes, I'll actually do the math. I'm just curious if the 2 bottles I bought are enough. It's all they had.

@NoRegerts - Those bag guards look just like the ones they put on the training bikes for Harley's rider training program. Paint them Hi-Viz orange and folks will think you have a really cool Street 500. Maybe get a helmet to match and a Hi Viz vest. But wait, there's more tough love - the last thing a guy with a fvcked up leg needs is two bars sticking out to catch a shin on. I would be attacking those with a Porta-band after the second painful encounter. Your bike your rules but those things blow chow except for stunt riding which you have promised us you were done with. Love ya buddy, but I gotta be me. An *******, like you like.

Last edited by nevada72; 06-30-2023 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-30-2023, 09:39 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Hotel reservations completed, my agenda is open to honey do suggestions and I'm sure after her second pass through the house there are items to be added.

Old 06-30-2023, 09:50 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72

@Juan L - Picked up 2 bottles of Ride On. Damn......they are proud of that stuff. I tried to read the directions but it involved math, so I gave up immediately. About how much goes in each tire? Any helpful hints? And yes, I'll actually do the math. I'm just curious if the 2 bottles I bought are enough. It's all they had.

@NoRegerts - Those bag guards look just like the ones they put on the training bikes for Harley's rider training program. Paint them Hi-Viz orange and folks will think you have a really cool Street 500. Maybe get a helmet to match and a Hi Viz vest. But wait, there's more tough love - the last thing a guy with a fvcked up leg needs is two bars sticking out to catch a shin on. I would be attacking those with a Porta-band after the second painful encounter. Your bike your rules but those things blow chow except for stunt riding which you have promised us you were done with. Love ya buddy, but I gotta be me. An *******, like you like.
You said that the front and rear were dimensionally nearly the same so just put a bottle in each tire and don’t worry about the math. Up to you to remove any wheel weights which you may have. I took mine off. It takes patience to get all that goo poured in there.

As for the second part….OUCH! Hahaha!

Old 06-30-2023, 09:51 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Hotel reservations completed, my agenda is open to honey do suggestions and I'm sure after her second pass through the house there are items to be added.
I was privy to the wrath of Mary this morning. When she remembers for me that stuff on the trash cans ( over night drying) needed to be brought inside. And of course I ghosted right by them on my way to the truck for my morning commute.

Old 06-30-2023, 09:56 AM
Juan L

After numerous requests from the washing machine to check if the hoses were hooked up correctly, I finally pulled it away from the wall and found that yes, the Costco installers swapped the hot and cold lines at the unit when they installed them. Maybe that bitch will get off my back now.

A dump run this morning to dispose of old pool filters then over to Sam’s to pick up some loaded potato salad to go with my brisket I am cooking on Saturday. Tomorrow I have to make the deviled eggs with crabmeat, yummmmm.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:01 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,954 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Of all the guys locally that have offered to ride my bike for me, I'll sleep easy knowing none of you will want to.

The following users liked this post:
rocket23 (06-30-2023)
Old 06-30-2023, 10:10 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
Of all the guys locally that have offered to ride my bike for me, I'll sleep easy knowing none of you will want to.
I believe I speak for several in the tough love fashion of your BroDad....not sure anyone here wants to be seen with those bag guards. I could be wrong.

Old 06-30-2023, 10:33 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,152 Likes on 12,213 Posts

I believe I speak for several in the tough love fashion of your BroDad....not sure anyone here wants to be seen with those bag guards. I could be wrong.
No one not wearing a flat bill baseball hat and bedazzled Affliction jeans anyway.

Old 06-30-2023, 11:15 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,954 Likes on 4,700 Posts

You know I love you guys!

Old 06-30-2023, 11:23 AM
Juan L

WTF is that pipe? Did you take Leila’s crocs?

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.