The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2023, 07:58 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Morning bannings complete

Old 05-12-2023, 07:58 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Chris, you are in the early stages of recovery. First was the surgical stuff and subsequent recovery. That happens fairly quickly. You have seen amazing progress since that day you crashed. But I said it before, and I'll say it again, it takes a long time to get back to 90%. And even longer, if ever, getting that last 10%. Be patient. You'll get there. And with any luck, at 100% or close to it.

I was in a bad crash. Spent an entire summer in the hospital and I was told I would likely need a cane all my life. And that later in life probably a wheelchair. I did walk with a cane for a while. Strapped it to the bike. But I never accepted that I couldn't get back to near normal. I worked my *** off and a year later was back to skiing, running, riding and everything else. Yeah......there's some left over stuff. But it hasn't slowed me down.

You'll be just fine. It could have been so much worse. Count your blessings and work your *** off. Stay focused on PT and strength training. But most important - keep it positive! Your limitations are temporary. Your efforts will be rewarded.
Thank you. I've been trying to stay positive everyday, but it takes an effort. I am blessed and I know it could have been much worse and I'm glad it wasn't. I still rank this as the most pain I've felt and for this length. The recovery won't be over when I start walking and riding, I understand that. I'm just glad I have access to a gym at work and I'll be using that when I'm capable, to get back to my old self. My goal is to get better than I was, lofty ideas or not.
Originally Posted by Imold
Chris, good to hear you can cut back on the pain pills. Nice that they work, even better when you don't need them.
It definitely makes a difference. I'm still in pain, but it's manageable by not being a bitch. I am never far from the pills, just to be safe, but I've done my best cutting them back.
Originally Posted by Imold
Chris, too bad you're missing all the fun, news seems like Texas is being over run by undocumenteds. Sounds like the only way to stop it is secede from the US and close the border, Feds just keep making it worse. Or just stop watching the news, likely as not it's bullshit anyway.
I've never seen the volume they talk aboit, but they're letting these people in, make no mistake. They'll likely be the force we end up fighting to keep this country.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:01 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Morning Woods!

Old 05-12-2023, 08:08 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Hello Bob, Russ, Chris, John. Happy Friday.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:21 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,613 Likes on 2,868 Posts

Originally Posted by gamble71
The aftermarket always makes a better product, for less
ya get what you pay for.
Some mods are dirt cheap and just not offered on a specific trim level.
while other items are a clear upgrade from what the moco has on the lot. But the cheapness is there. Ie; tires, bulbs yeah they are maintenance items but one can do a lot better.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:47 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,264 Likes on 3,554 Posts

What is up with these ill fitting bikini tops with a couple of the selection today? I reckon I like it.

Old 05-12-2023, 08:53 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Morning Mick, Mike, Jeff, Jack, Greg, I'm on a mission today.
Grandparents' day at the granddaughter's kindergarten, so I get to have a visit and lunch there. This one very much like her dad, .... we nicknamed her Turbo, and it fits.
Hoping for the pizza?

Old 05-12-2023, 08:59 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

It will be pizza.... if I get lucky, Russ.
Ironic that I am visiting the kindergarten room of my granddaughters, which is the same rooms I attended years ago. The elementary school was built in 1959.

The following users liked this post:
Juan L (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 09:11 AM
gamble71
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 28,990 Likes on 9,628 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
ya get what you pay for.
Some mods are dirt cheap and just not offered on a specific trim level.
while other items are a clear upgrade from what the moco has on the lot. But the cheapness is there. Ie; tires, bulbs yeah they are maintenance items but one can do a lot better.
I get it, sometimes you run across the Chinese crap. Using cars for the analogy, edelbrock is better than speed master. However, both are better than factory

Last edited by gamble71; 05-12-2023 at 09:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
rocket23 (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 09:11 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
I was in a bad crash. Spent an entire summer in the hospital and I was told I would likely need a cane all my life. And that later in life probably a wheelchair. I did walk with a cane for a while. Strapped it to the bike. But I never accepted that I couldn't get back to near normal. I worked my *** off and a year later was back to skiing, running, riding and everything else. Yeah......there's some left over stuff. But it hasn't slowed me down.
Bob, I don't belive I know this story.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.