The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022 | 11:10 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by nevada72
Morning Rob! Apparently Br0-son hasn't been following my posts.
You caught me, I'm a piece of ****. No, I really did miss this. I do my best to keep up, but I fall behind and apparently missed a big section you posted. If I responded to everything you posted, people would talk.
Originally Posted by Spartanden
Halito Woods. Late morning check in. And much catching up to do. REally slept late today. Not feeling too good right now. Could have been the large quantity of beer consumed yesterday afternoon. Or it could be just a touch of flu. Do nothing today and hope to feel better a bit later. You guys be careful out there. Keep yourselves safe.
Denny, I'm going ot hope it was just the beer and you're otherwise healthy. Drink a lot of water today. Either one of those diagnoses would benefit.

Which is a good segue into asking Mick about he's feeling toady. Better I hope.

Old 10-20-2022 | 11:12 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
Which is a good segue into asking Mick about he's feeling toady. Better I hope.
Yep, still feeling toady.

Old 10-20-2022 | 11:19 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Yep, still feeling toady.
I should have learned over the years to be more specific with you. You're as sharp as a tack and have a vocabulary to give the author of a thesaurus a run for his money.

Mick, are you feeling well today? As I recall you were under the weather. (We all are, cause it's in the sky...)

Old 10-20-2022 | 11:22 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Mick, are you feeling well today? As I recall you were under the weather. (We all are, cause it's in the sky...)
Technically we are 'in' the weather.

My chest congestion is easing but my sinus congestion and attendant ear stoppage has my equilibrium way off kilter. Thanks for asking.

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (10-20-2022)
Old 10-20-2022 | 11:27 AM
BelchFire
Club Member

All these Bro-son and Bro-dad salutations got me to thinking of a guy that used to work for me. True story, but the names have been changed to protect the innocent those involved.

Let's call the guy that worked for me Paul. Paul's wife is much younger than he is (I think 12 or maybe 16 years), so Paul's father-in-law John is not a lot older than he is. Paul is the youngest of his siblings, and has a sister Jan who is quite a bit older than he is. John and Jan fall in love and get married (honest; I'm not making this up). So Paul's father-in-law is also his brother-in-law. The funniest part of it is Paul's kids; their grandfather is married to their aunt, so they call him ..... Uncle Granddad. No ****.....

The following 2 users liked this post by BelchFire:
NoRegerts (10-20-2022), OKMICK (10-20-2022)
Old 10-20-2022 | 11:27 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Technically we are 'in' the weather.

My chest congestion is easing but my sinus congestion and attendant ear stoppage has my equilibrium way off kilter. Thanks for asking.
You're funny, even in misery. I feel for you. I don't have advice on the dizzy. the congestion can be helped by a hot bath for some temporary relief. Just be careful and push it. Falling sucks, no matter your age.

Old 10-20-2022 | 11:29 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BelchFire
All these Bro-son and Bro-dad salutations got me to thinking of a guy that used to work for me. True story, but the names have been changed to protect the innocent those involved.

Let's call the guy that worked for me Paul. Paul's wife is much younger than he is (I think 12 or maybe 16 years), so Paul's father-in-law John is not a lot older than he is. Paul is the youngest of his siblings, and has a sister Jan who is quite a bit older than he is. John and Jan fall in love and get married (honest; I'm not making this up). So Paul's father-in-law is also his brother-in-law. The funniest part of it is Paul's kids; their grandfather is married to their aunt, so they call him ..... Uncle Granddad. No ****.....
Our story is far more simple, but equally as unimpressive. That's some Alabama back woods crazy right there.

Old 10-20-2022 | 12:05 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Afternoon woods. What a nap. Pro golf and pro truck driving and not invited to a wedding oh and the local golf club was serving lobster an shrimp.

Old 10-20-2022 | 12:22 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member

You're funny, even in misery. I feel for you. I don't have advice on the dizzy. the congestion can be helped by a hot bath for some temporary relief. Just be careful and push it. Falling sucks, no matter your age.
What are you telling him to push ?

The following users liked this post:
rocket23 (10-20-2022)
Old 10-20-2022 | 12:27 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Not feeling too good right now. large quantity of beer consumed yesterday afternoon= a touch of flu.
How I read it

Hope you feel better Denny. I prescribe a spicey Bloody Mary.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge part XIV.