The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 04:33 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Higher ups don't want to pay double time full time.

Old 04-21-2020, 04:38 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan L
Mick, this is perhaps the ugliest motorcycle I have ever had the misfortune of seeing. Thoughts?

From this AM, I like this color scheme! If I didn't get the Roadglide I wood have bought one of these that exact way. Color and bags.

The following users liked this post:
Juan L (04-21-2020)
Old 04-21-2020, 04:39 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

I wouldn't mind having a Yamaha Stratoliner. Always liked the look.

Old 04-21-2020, 04:42 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Took my 1 personal day today. Waiting to get information from HR and not my bosses boss. We will do what hr says we are to do. Not what the dean wants. Telling us to go home then hiring out our jobs is a bullshit move.
My extinct employer did that, laid off thousands of employees to farm out all the work they could. Didn't do their homework because on a lot of parts, the 3rd party repair shop had to have FAA approval, engineer drawings and manuals for that particular airline, and literally truckloads of parts came back and management had no choice but to have who was left do the work. For some stuff, nobody that knew how was left, and if that wasn't fun...

Old 04-21-2020, 04:48 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

I always thought it wood be nice to have a 2nd bike. Something to run around single seat and **** off the neighbors. Older softtail or chopper. Find a good deal.

And of course Lesley say yes....

So I will never have another !!! LOL

Old 04-21-2020, 04:54 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
My extinct employer did that, laid off thousands of employees to farm out all the work they could. Didn't do their homework because on a lot of parts, the 3rd party repair shop had to have FAA approval, engineer drawings and manuals for that particular airline, and literally truckloads of parts came back and management had no choice but to have who was left do the work. For some stuff, nobody that knew how was left, and if that wasn't fun...
Hey Moldy!!

I have a customer that for years, one guy knew the code to the vault that held all the recipes. (A big chemical plant that has lots of private recipes for batches of chemicals.) Well, he and them were not on good speaking terms and they fired him. Okay. Three months later they need to get into that vault. Nobody has the code! Its an old looking thing, say 6 feet tall by 4 feet wide by 4 feet deep. So they called the guy, and of course he told them to F O! They begged and pleated but to no avail. They had a guy come in and break into the vault. So the next time I went in and say it, there was a huge hole in the door and it was open.

The management at this plant are idiots. They will spend tons of money to save a quarter. Most of the people that knew what was going on are gone and all the undesirables remained. Or the guys that have pensions and just waiting to retire and cant afford to leave.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:03 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by DanHappy
I always thought it wood be nice to have a 2nd bike. Something to run around single seat and **** off the neighbors. Older softtail or chopper. Find a good deal.

And of course Lesley say yes....

So I will never have another !!! LOL
Yeah, lotta fun bikes out there, but aren't practical for full time use, like dirtbikes, sidecar rigs, scooters... that wood be a tough decision, if I had to cut it down to one bike. The sportsters would go, the Yamaha enduro, the Urals for sure, and my real oddball, the Honda Helix. Silly stuff to get attached to, I should have sold half of them before now.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:08 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SmokeyHill
The world has reached an entirely new level of stupid. The wife was making me a new doo rag last night and her sewing machine broke. No problem, I'll see what walmart has available then run and get her a new one. They have none in stock. OK, fine. I'll download the manual, order whatever part broke and just fix hers. Don't know what part broke yet, but went to a sewing machine parts site to get an idea of availability.

"Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and increased demand, there is a 14-21 day delay in shipping."

Also seems the shortage of machines at Walmart is Covid related as well. People are buying them up to make farking masks. Are you shi***ng me?
I predict a lot of people are going to be selling stuff on ebay, and taking a big hit on the closet, basement and garage stashes of stuff they bought that would just take up a lot of room for a few or many years when this current mess is over.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:32 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Afternoon, guys.

Old 04-21-2020, 05:33 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Indians(Polaris) in general and that Indian in particular are as ugly bikes as I've ever seen.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII