The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2019, 09:15 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,165 Likes on 12,218 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
Not after that comment you weren’t. Hahaha

So 18” back it is?
Nope. Standing my ground on this one. I went to all the trouble of removing a wetbar and built-in to turn it into a wall where we can put a pit group. It was an awkward space because it was right across from a fireplace. Just a waste of a nice feature. Having the exposed beam would make furniture placement difficult and more importantly, it would look really stupid.

She doesn't like the idea of 10 inches of wasted space, which I get. So my plan is to expand the shower, which is on the other side of the wall. That will use up the space and make the shower bigger, which is a good thing.

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Bob, Matthew chapter 7 verse 5.
I would love to remove it Mick. This house was designed by an architect for his own use. It's very unique in that he actually spec'd steel I-beams for load bearing. This wall is under such a beam. However, it's a very long span, so it has two beam supports spaced evenly from the outside wall (block) supports. I'm pretty sure the columns have to stay. One I will box out which is fine as it's next to the floating staircase. The other one is going in the God damn wall - biblically speaking.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:15 AM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Late morning what's up?!!

Friday and it took its dam time getting here!

Old 08-16-2019, 09:16 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen
We have collectively supplied MarkyDos and Lou’s kid(s) with poker chips from wherever we travel. They should have an impressive collection.

Over a hundred at this point! A very impressive collection from some very generous folks! We now pick them up when we find dealers out on the road.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:20 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Mornin, Russ. I gotta ask...who eats clam chowder at six o'clock in the morning? I hope it is at least New England style.

Hey, Lou.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:24 AM
Juan L
Received 20,118 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Mornin, Russ. I gotta ask...who eats clam chowder at six o'clock in the morning? I hope it is at least New England style.

Hey, Lou.
It is really good clam chowder Mick, and it goes well with my pirate costume. By the way, today is national rum day so get out there and get your pirate on.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:26 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 8,954 Likes on 4,700 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Nope. Standing my ground on this one. I went to all the trouble of removing a wetbar and built-in to turn it into a wall where we can put a pit group. It was an awkward space because it was right across from a fireplace. Just a waste of a nice feature. Having the exposed beam would make furniture placement difficult and more importantly, it would look really stupid.

She doesn't like the idea of 10 inches of wasted space, which I get. So my plan is to expand the shower, which is on the other side of the wall. That will use up the space and make the shower bigger, which is a good thing.

I would love to remove it Mick. This house was designed by an architect for his own use. It's very unique in that he actually spec'd steel I-beams for load bearing. This wall is under such a beam. However, it's a very long span, so it has two beam supports spaced evenly from the outside wall (block) supports. I'm pretty sure the columns have to stay. One I will box out which is fine as it's next to the floating staircase. The other one is going in the God damn wall - biblically speaking.
It was nice knowing you Bob, wish we'd have met sooner.
Originally Posted by DanHappy
Late morning what's up?!!

Friday and it took its dam time getting here!
Saying our goodbyes to Bob...
Originally Posted by soft 02
Over a hundred at this point! A very impressive collection from some very generous folks! We now pick them up when we find dealers out on the road.
Man, I'm REALLY behind the ball on this one. You collect your own only when you go or get them from wherever you can? I have 7 "local" dealers I'm thinking about hitting up in the next couple weeks. If you need them...

Old 08-16-2019, 09:29 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

It is really good clam chowder Mick, and it goes well with my pirate costume. By the way, today is national rum day so get out there and get your pirate on.
Surely Tim is aware it is national rum day! Oh, he is in Canada, never mind.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:32 AM
Juan L
Received 20,118 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Surely Tim is aware it is national rum day! Oh, he is in Canada, never mind.
We can include Tim and Pauler in some of our select holidays. Did you turn off the heater down there yet?

Old 08-16-2019, 09:34 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

We can include Tim and Pauler in some of our select holidays. Did you turn off the heater down there yet?
Not yet. About a week of heat before we get relief.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:37 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Man, I'm REALLY behind the ball on this one. You collect your own only when you go or get them from wherever you can? I have 7 "local" dealers I'm thinking about hitting up in the next couple weeks. If you need them...

Usually we stop and pick them up while we are traveling out of state but only if the kiddo brings it up. im good otherwise. Dont worry about grabbing any for me. Thanks. Maybe if I visit the area ill grab some.

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (08-16-2019)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII