The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 02:29 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,878 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Bob, sounds like you took the right posture on this. My temper sometimes gets away from me but.....what Momma always said....More flies with honey than vinegar. Good luck, you may be surprised what sway a GM holds with the manufacturer. Trust me on this...

Old 08-14-2019, 02:31 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,931 Likes on 12,139 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Bob, sounds like you took the right posture on this. My temper sometimes gets away from me but.....what Momma always said....More flies with honey than vinegar. Good luck, you may be surprised what sway a GM holds with the manufacturer. Trust me on this...
Oh I do Mick. I do.

I decided going in early I'm just going to play nice. Being a dick doesn't ever get me anywhere and then I just feel stupid afterward.

Old 08-14-2019, 02:33 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,878 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Oh I do Mick. I do.

I decided going in early I'm just going to play nice. Being a dick doesn't ever get me anywhere and then I just feel stupid afterward.

I've always wanted to meet someone who that happened to....hahahhhaa….

Old 08-14-2019, 02:37 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Afternoon Gents!

So I get a call from the service guy.....says he spoke with the ESP company and they would like me to authorize tearing the top end apart before they make a decision. At which point I said - "So in other words, you want me to pay to take it apart to see what's going on. At that point maybe they'll cover it?" To which he hemmed and hawed, but basically said yes. I kept it very friendly. I explained how "I've been a loyal customer and since moving to the area, used only them for service. I brought the bike in with a very specific explanation as to what was happening under warranty, and I was told it was a loose breather bolt. I went on my merry way, trusting that my motor, and the information I received, was good. But, after friends (the fine people of WS19) who heard the noise suggested there was an issue, I decided it deserved another look. Now you hear the noise because it's "More apparent". All I can say to you is if it's more apparent now, it was less apparent then - which still means it existed. And honestly - my description of the issue last time is almost word for word the same as my description last time right down to the RPMs. What are the odds I made up some non-existent issue to that level of detail, and then it actually happened?? I came to you in good faith to have a problem solved. It's not solved even though you said it was. I expect you to solve it now and not at my expense.

He said he would talk to the General Manager. Stay tuned..........
That's a great stance Bob. Be prepared for a battle, keep escalating if need be. If you were wrong, I'd have said so already. You might be in it for a little, but shouldn't be much if anything. Hopefully, that's who it works out.

Old 08-14-2019, 03:29 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,629 Likes on 2,734 Posts

The last ride to the cabin on that rocky road produced quite a rattle, which I haven't really duplicated on Minnysota's relatively smooth roads (relative to rocky roads, not smooth paved roads), but today deliberately took it over some rough areas and could briefly hear it occasionally, so it wasn't my imagination. A more thorough check disclosed a loose exhaust pipe shield clamp, nothing serious, easy fix. Now back to something actually productive, although I'd rather take one of the bikes out again.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:20 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Stan, ever have one of those days you just aren't motivated to do much? I am having one of those days. I was all fired up to learn computer programming but somehow I think....well, you know.
Agreed Mick,
When NASA called 2 days after my 60th birthday I had to politely turn them down and share that I just wasn't up for the engineering task at this time.

Old 08-14-2019, 05:50 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

It is Miller time...

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (08-14-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
It is Miller time...
Anytime is a good time for Michelob Ultra! Are you still in the PNW ?

Old 08-14-2019, 06:10 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,943 Likes on 4,698 Posts

I can't drink this week. I don't hate you guys, but yeah... You suck.

Old 08-14-2019, 06:14 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
I can't drink this week. I don't hate you guys, but yeah... You suck.
Are you doing a bi-weekly rotation?

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII