The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 05:11 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Went to my first HOG meeting today. Somewhat interesting. I may try to make more. Then went out for the memorial ride today. Rode past the Post and the Cobra is up on its mount! I'll get some pictures tomorrow. Went to the memorial ride. Rode the first loop to Duck Lake Inn. There was one hellacious pot hole in the road and half of us hit the damned thing! It threw me up outta my seat! But one poor rider on a pretty softail hit it and dented his rim. The bar owner helped us with a hammer and a couple of chunks of wood and we beat the bent rim back into submission. He'll need it fixed or replaced, but with a tube, he should have no problem to finish the ride. Then half way to the next stop we had a nasty corner to turn.... T intersection with a gravel road as one of the roads. Gravel all over the road and one rider went down. Half the group had made the turn and were unaware. We stopped and the bike, 1996 Road King, was really smacked up. He was scrapped up pretty good, but his wife was pretty hurt. Called 911 and three county sheriffs, two fire trucks, and ambulance showed. Not sure how badly she was hurt..... had some neighbors and other lady riders tending to her. I stayed back out of the way. She was put on a stretcher and hauled off. My thoughts and prayers for them. Fortunately the guy whose daughter we had the memorial run for had his dad following in a pick up with a trailer. Got the bike loaded and strapped down. I ended up coming home and not going back for the remainder of the ride and dinner at the Eagles. I hope to see someone tomorrow and see if they had heard anything about the couple. Nasty corner, pot holes and massive amount of gravel on that corner. One of the neighbor ladies said they did this same thing last weekend. Said it was a terrible corner for accidents.
So just a reminder to y'all, be careful of gravel on the roads, corners, and pot holes. That sure took a lot of fun out of a fun day ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by Spartanden:
Backforty (09-10-2022), Juan L (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 05:12 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,337 Likes on 3,578 Posts

Rainy day, so I watched some college football. Marshall whipped No.8 Notre Dame. They are 0-2 now. They have never went 0-3. This new coach make set a record next week.

Old 09-10-2022, 05:30 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Watching MSU vs Akron..... MSU up 31-0. Playing sloppy, but moving ball.

Now it's 45-0 MSU!!
And I ain't talking about Mississippi State!!!

Last edited by Spartanden; 09-10-2022 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 06:38 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member

Final..... 52-0 MSU

Old 09-10-2022, 06:57 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,337 Likes on 3,578 Posts

Wow Denny, I hope everyone is okay.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:47 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Me an Mary are trying to paint white lettering on my new tires. It’s not a quick process. We got 2 done. Still needs touch ups. The problem is Mila that pup will get into everything and she is starting her 2nd shed. Malamutes shed spring an fall.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:15 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Went to my first HOG meeting today. Somewhat interesting. I may try to make more. Then went out for the memorial ride today. Rode past the Post and the Cobra is up on its mount! I'll get some pictures tomorrow. Went to the memorial ride. Rode the first loop to Duck Lake Inn. There was one hellacious pot hole in the road and half of us hit the damned thing! It threw me up outta my seat! But one poor rider on a pretty softail hit it and dented his rim. The bar owner helped us with a hammer and a couple of chunks of wood and we beat the bent rim back into submission. He'll need it fixed or replaced, but with a tube, he should have no problem to finish the ride. Then half way to the next stop we had a nasty corner to turn.... T intersection with a gravel road as one of the roads. Gravel all over the road and one rider went down. Half the group had made the turn and were unaware. We stopped and the bike, 1996 Road King, was really smacked up. He was scrapped up pretty good, but his wife was pretty hurt. Called 911 and three county sheriffs, two fire trucks, and ambulance showed. Not sure how badly she was hurt..... had some neighbors and other lady riders tending to her. I stayed back out of the way. She was put on a stretcher and hauled off. My thoughts and prayers for them. Fortunately the guy whose daughter we had the memorial run for had his dad following in a pick up with a trailer. Got the bike loaded and strapped down. I ended up coming home and not going back for the remainder of the ride and dinner at the Eagles. I hope to see someone tomorrow and see if they had heard anything about the couple. Nasty corner, pot holes and massive amount of gravel on that corner. One of the neighbor ladies said they did this same thing last weekend. Said it was a terrible corner for accidents.
So just a reminder to y'all, be careful of gravel on the roads, corners, and pot holes. That sure took a lot of fun out of a fun day ride.
Denny, most all Hog Group rides around here get a pre ride by the Road Captain. If dangerous conditions are spotted the route gets changed.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:19 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

I don’t do rides anymore. If I participate it will be my ride away from the spectacle. I used too , but let’s just say it’s a calmer way of donating to a cause.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:35 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Wow,
Larrry hits the magic 183K and nary a whimper from the rest of us.
Ban Post Counts! Nice ****** Larry!

The following users liked this post:
Juan L (09-10-2022)
Old 09-10-2022, 09:09 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Haven’t seen a post count in years. Not on the cell phone app.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII