The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 09:50 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Call animal control.
I second that.

The following users liked this post:
Tonebender (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:55 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

On another note I won a bid on a few pennies. Seller put a tracking number on the coins but has yet to ship them. The winning bid was at least a hundred less than what he expected. So I sent him a message. Telling him I would make up the difference in silver coins that I have if he just shipped my coins. So far nothing. I could get my money back if it comes to that. But having a negative feedback should be avoided at all costs if it were me selling the stuff.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:56 AM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

I would call animal control as well. I would also try to get photos, screen shots, notes, dates of how they are treating these pups. I think you just need to have back up for your complaint.

Tonebender (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:00 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
My backdoor neighbors are abusing their dogs. Ok, first, they moved in about a year ago. They have 5,6, or 7 kids and I heard they home school. That is all good. They have two Aussie Shepherds, a male and a female. Not long after they moved in I noticed the male had escaped the fenced in backyard. I retrieved him and took him home. I met the father I assume when he came to the door. Apparently that dog will just jump up on top of the fence and on out. Smart dog, I used to have one that would do the same thing. One of the other neighbors told me he was getting out a lot and the owner told him he was going to put an electric wire around the top, problem solved. However he has yet to do it. He started tying him up next to the house for a little while each day. They seem to stay in at night, Earlier this week I noticed they have them both tethered on opposite sides of the yard. The male had water and the female had none. It's August with a feels like temp of 105 everyday. I got a bucket, filled it up and set it over the fence so she would have water. They were there all day. This was my passive aggressive way of letting them know I am concerned. It is against the law to tethered a dog here. My bucket did not seem to get their attention. They actually seem to be using it. Yesterday their were tired up through all the afternoon thunderstorm activity.

So far they are not out there today. The pool crew is there again working on a pool installation that has been ongoing for about 6 months or more. I am out of patience and have spoken to several other neighbors. Everyone is out of patience. Apparently he told one, "it is none of your business". It would not bother me a bit to go over and have a talk but it may be better to just call the animal control folks and let them handle it. What say you?
They seem to have their hands full with the kids and don't need the dogs. Those dogs aren't meant to be roaming and they're too smart to be confined or tethered. It will drive them insane. Crating a dog is not cruel, they actually enjoy having a safe place. They are den creatures. But, tethering on the other hand is a despicable practice. The laws in this state (obviously they vary), are the animal must have water, food, and shelter. A shelter could be as little as an awning, but has to be something.

Sounds like your neighbors are neglecting and abusing those animals. It's not not right. Animal control may or may not care much. Make them care, is my advise. Take pictures of the dogs in the morning and at night before they get let in to document it. You're not LE so it's not a violation for you to photograph their backyard if you can clearly see in from your own property.

Use the photos as the basis for your claim. If the animals are seized by animal control, there will be a trial. Those photos will be instrumental in showing what you see and say is happening. Some people disgust me. That's why I like dogs better than most humans.

Tonebender (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:03 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Brother from another mother

Old 08-26-2022, 10:10 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,071 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
My backdoor neighbors are abusing their dogs. Ok, first, they moved in about a year ago. They have 5,6, or 7 kids and I heard they home school. That is all good. They have two Aussie Shepherds, a male and a female. Not long after they moved in I noticed the male had escaped the fenced in backyard. I retrieved him and took him home. I met the father I assume when he came to the door. Apparently that dog will just jump up on top of the fence and on out. Smart dog, I used to have one that would do the same thing. One of the other neighbors told me he was getting out a lot and the owner told him he was going to put an electric wire around the top, problem solved. However he has yet to do it. He started tying him up next to the house for a little while each day. They seem to stay in at night, Earlier this week I noticed they have them both tethered on opposite sides of the yard. The male had water and the female had none. It's August with a feels like temp of 105 everyday. I got a bucket, filled it up and set it over the fence so she would have water. They were there all day. This was my passive aggressive way of letting them know I am concerned. It is against the law to tethered a dog here. My bucket did not seem to get their attention. They actually seem to be using it. Yesterday their were tired up through all the afternoon thunderstorm activity.

So far they are not out there today. The pool crew is there again working on a pool installation that has been ongoing for about 6 months or more. I am out of patience and have spoken to several other neighbors. Everyone is out of patience. Apparently he told one, "it is none of your business". It would not bother me a bit to go over and have a talk but it may be better to just call the animal control folks and let them handle it. What say you?
Call the cops. They will fine the guy. And they will call animal control.

My old man had a very similar situation. In his case it was a German Shepherd. The a-holes had that thing outside 24/7 tied to a tree. Thunderstorms, intense heat, you name it. My old man was a big time animal lover. He hated people, but mistreat an animal and hoo-boy, you're gonna hear about it. He talked to the guy a few times and finally it came down to the "None of your business" thing. So he called the cops. Guy got a big ticket and the animal control folks said if it happens again the dog is theirs. Guy came over and confronted my dad in his driveway one morning. He was younger by probably 30 years and getting aggressive. The old man always, always had a gun on him. Even though he was just getting his mail it was not an exception on this day. End of the story is the guy ended up running home fast.

The following 2 users liked this post by nevada72:
rocket23 (08-26-2022), Tonebender (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:17 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Mornin & TGIF Woods!

Old 08-26-2022, 10:20 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,337 Likes on 3,578 Posts

Thanks for the input guys. In days gone by I would have gone over and gave the guy a heads up and a chance to make it right. Since he has already told one neighbor to get %^&^&* , you guys are right. I will get picks and vids and make the call. They are not out there today but I have no reason the believe they have seen the light.

Old 08-26-2022, 10:22 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,844 Likes on 19,331 Posts

Good Morning dog lovers ( as we all should be ) and those who have kitty's foo

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle Larry:
PapaThiele (08-26-2022), rocket23 (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:23 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Jeff, one last thing. Here one DA is harsh against people that harm animals and one doesn't care. The trick is, if you have more than one DA in the area, figure out which one would be better for this offense and what days they accept cases. For instance, here I would wait until an even numbered day to report the offense so the bad guy would have the best chance at a harsh penalty. On the flip side, if I were getting drugs, I'd do it on an odd numbered day.

Unlikely that is helpful, but something I think about.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII