The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 09:31 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
Bill, they may not be around their whole life, but you were there for their whole life. I keep that in mind when they drive me crazy, I remind myself I am all they know and they love me with everything. Takes the edge off the long sleepless nights we have on occasion.
yup I say the same thing when my wife tells me not to give them treats off the table.
I tell her they will be gone before me most likely so they need to live life large!!

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:35 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,844 Likes on 19,331 Posts

Cloudy and gloomy here ... Brighter this afternoon

rocket23 (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:42 AM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,337 Likes on 3,578 Posts

My backdoor neighbors are abusing their dogs. Ok, first, they moved in about a year ago. They have 5,6, or 7 kids and I heard they home school. That is all good. They have two Aussie Shepherds, a male and a female. Not long after they moved in I noticed the male had escaped the fenced in backyard. I retrieved him and took him home. I met the father I assume when he came to the door. Apparently that dog will just jump up on top of the fence and on out. Smart dog, I used to have one that would do the same thing. One of the other neighbors told me he was getting out a lot and the owner told him he was going to put an electric wire around the top, problem solved. However he has yet to do it. He started tying him up next to the house for a little while each day. They seem to stay in at night, Earlier this week I noticed they have them both tethered on opposite sides of the yard. The male had water and the female had none. It's August with a feels like temp of 105 everyday. I got a bucket, filled it up and set it over the fence so she would have water. They were there all day. This was my passive aggressive way of letting them know I am concerned. It is against the law to tethered a dog here. My bucket did not seem to get their attention. They actually seem to be using it. Yesterday their were tired up through all the afternoon thunderstorm activity.

So far they are not out there today. The pool crew is there again working on a pool installation that has been ongoing for about 6 months or more. I am out of patience and have spoken to several other neighbors. Everyone is out of patience. Apparently he told one, "it is none of your business". It would not bother me a bit to go over and have a talk but it may be better to just call the animal control folks and let them handle it. What say you?

Old 08-26-2022, 09:45 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Cloudy and gloomy here ... Brighter this afternoon
Cold front coming in this afternoon should be some exciting thunderstorms

Old 08-26-2022, 09:46 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Chuck Norris knows a good one when he sees one, Chris.

By the way....TODAY IS NATIONAL DOG DAY
It's also national toilet paper day. Too bad we can't seem to teach the dogs hoe to use toilet paper.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:46 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,844 Likes on 19,331 Posts

We could use some more rain here ... Though not as much as Russ got

Old 08-26-2022, 09:47 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Call animal control.

The following 2 users liked this post by QC:
OKMICK (08-26-2022), Tonebender (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:48 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Larry, I have heard that a lot of people get depressed on gloomy days, but interestingly enough, introverts tend to be in better moods on gloomy days. I love the gray skies and clouds.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:49 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tonebender
My backdoor neighbors are abusing their dogs. Ok, first, they moved in about a year ago. They have 5,6, or 7 kids and I heard they home school. That is all good. They have two Aussie Shepherds, a male and a female. Not long after they moved in I noticed the male had escaped the fenced in backyard. I retrieved him and took him home. I met the father I assume when he came to the door. Apparently that dog will just jump up on top of the fence and on out. Smart dog, I used to have one that would do the same thing. One of the other neighbors told me he was getting out a lot and the owner told him he was going to put an electric wire around the top, problem solved. However he has yet to do it. He started tying him up next to the house for a little while each day. They seem to stay in at night, Earlier this week I noticed they have them both tethered on opposite sides of the yard. The male had water and the female had none. It's August with a feels like temp of 105 everyday. I got a bucket, filled it up and set it over the fence so she would have water. They were there all day. This was my passive aggressive way of letting them know I am concerned. It is against the law to tethered a dog here. My bucket did not seem to get their attention. They actually seem to be using it. Yesterday their were tired up through all the afternoon thunderstorm activity.

So far they are not out there today. The pool crew is there again working on a pool installation that has been ongoing for about 6 months or more. I am out of patience and have spoken to several other neighbors. Everyone is out of patience. Apparently he told one, "it is none of your business". It would not bother me a bit to go over and have a talk but it may be better to just call the animal control folks and let them handle it. What say you?
animal control get a few vids on the phone to back up your complaints

Tonebender (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 09:49 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member

I hate people.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII