The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2022, 03:48 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

I had a "widow maker" heart attack about a year and a half ago and never knew it. Generally fatal over 75% of the time and I never had any signs. Went to Doc because my blood pressure was high and they found it in a stress test. Got lucky. Easy catheterization and a stent and went home next day. Paring down the Harleys, gonna keep the '16 Heritage

Old 02-24-2022, 04:07 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,877 Likes on 6,501 Posts

Damn Al, sounds like you're lucky to even be here!

Currently have 4 Harley's, 2 of them, including Pearl, will never be sold, passed on to my son.

He will probably inherit several when that day comes....

Old 02-24-2022, 04:43 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Hey Big Al, I'm recovering from Covid at home, but doing good. Poured a slab Tuesday, home rest of the week because of snow and ice.
Didn't you have that a while back, too? Pretty sure I've had it twice, possibly 3 times. Once for sure. Agree with you, that guy's a good painter.

Old 02-24-2022, 04:52 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,337 Likes on 3,578 Posts

I had a great day of golf. My team came in 4th. I found out there is cheatery going on. The way it works is, everyone that signs up has their name on an index card. Each player is also rated A, B, C or D player based on how well they play. All the A players in a stack, B in a stack, etc. and the stacks are shuffled. To pick the 4 man teams they pick a player from each stack, A, B, C and D. That is your team and it should be random. I have watched them do it twice and both times including today this one guy's card is not in the random stack. When a certain guy is picked at random then his card is suddenly included on that team. Somehow they are placing him with a teammate of his choice. Today there was this youngish guy there I have never seen before, way younger than the rest of us. Apparently he was a ringer brought in by the cheater guy and as soon as the ringer's card flipped up they inserted cheater on his team. They got first place and won the closest to the pin hole money. Humans will never cease to amaze me.

I am there just to have fun, and I do no matter how we finish so I am not sure if I will call them out or not. I may devise some passive aggressive way to get my point across. The point being, "you suck because you cheat". There is money involved and they are cheating to take others money. Any thoughts?

The following users liked this post:
Big Dave (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 05:02 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Currently have 4 Harley's, 2 of them, including Pearl, will never be sold, passed on to my son.
He will probably inherit several when that day comes....
My grandson may get a lot of Harley parts...

My daughter wanted my 883. Till she rode it... Been stored for 5? years now, should sell it, don't know if she'd notice it was gone or not. Some insurance and gas and it should be able to ride as far as I could endure it.

I don't think it's a bad looking bike, but it's a 2000, solid mount paint shaker. Silly to hang onto it. Especially since I have an '04 1200, too. I really like that one.

Speaking of Urals, my daughter likes mine. Strange, she didn't like the clunky Harley transmission (got spoiled on slick shifting metrics) but Urals make a Harley seem smooth.

LoneBone (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 05:10 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,877 Likes on 6,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Didn't you have that a while back, too? Pretty sure I've had it twice, possibly 3 times. Once for sure. Agree with you, that guy's a good painter.
It was the same bout Moldy. I ignored it and it put me in the hospital.

Won't make that mistake again....

Old 02-24-2022, 05:21 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Tonebender
I had a great day of golf. My team came in 4th. I found out there is cheatery going on. The way it works is, everyone that signs up has their name on an index card. Each player is also rated A, B, C or D player based on how well they play. All the A players in a stack, B in a stack, etc. and the stacks are shuffled. To pick the 4 man teams they pick a player from each stack, A, B, C and D. That is your team and it should be random. I have watched them do it twice and both times including today this one guy's card is not in the random stack. When a certain guy is picked at random then his card is suddenly included on that team. Somehow they are placing him with a teammate of his choice. Today there was this youngish guy there I have never seen before, way younger than the rest of us. Apparently he was a ringer brought in by the cheater guy and as soon as the ringer's card flipped up they inserted cheater on his team. They got first place and won the closest to the pin hole money. Humans will never cease to amaze me.

I am there just to have fun, and I do no matter how we finish so I am not sure if I will call them out or not. I may devise some passive aggressive way to get my point across. The point being, "you suck because you cheat". There is money involved and they are cheating to take others money. Any thoughts?
Ya, don’t ever give them another chance to profit from you. Have the fun you always will, with a higher class of people.

Tonebender (02-24-2022)
Old 02-24-2022, 05:35 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Afternoon, guys.

Old 02-24-2022, 06:04 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Greetings Greg and Gang.
Never been so happy to be on the cusp of Friday in years. Oooofff.
Gettin' Happy (no Happy Hour though).

Last edited by Northern Glide; 02-24-2022 at 06:10 PM.
Old 02-24-2022, 06:14 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,071 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Evening gents!

Going through all the screening. Fun stuff. The outfit they use doesn't seem to do a very good job and I suspect they don't care. But I'll get through it. Pee test tomorrow. At least it's not "observed". I would be there all day with performance anxiety.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII