The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2021, 05:55 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Greetings Gents.
I'm still stumped on a Christmas gift for Dad. He enjoys our time together as a "gift" but I still want him to have some stuff to open.
Go to an antique mall and buy some junk he will recall from yesteryear and reminisce with him.

Old 12-16-2021, 05:59 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
G'Evening, Woods..
Stan, UGGS sheepskin lined slippers.
Yes.....possibilities.....
Originally Posted by QC
Do you allow your Dad to have sharp objects?
If so, a small Buck pocket knife might be an idea.
A recent picture of your family? With everyone smiling of course.
Does he still read?
Yes
Yes - maybe custom engraved. He has several collector knives.
No
No

Thanks Guys.....

Old 12-16-2021, 06:04 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Go to an antique mall and buy some junk he will recall from yesteryear and reminisce with him.
LOL
Has possibilities....he doesn't like dishes...

Old 12-16-2021, 06:29 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,071 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Afternoon check in, Woods. I am currently doing the mental gymnastics required to create a course and sell it to Best Buy corporate. Working title: There are Times Women Are Smarter Than You Think.
I wouldn't go that far Mick. The trick is to not tell them they're not smart.

Funny thing is, Cheryl knows her way around construction and hard work. She and I could have moved that refrigerator ourselves. Unfortunately they damaged it on all sides so they need to get us a new one, which they agreed to of course. These two morons were weak and stupid - a very bad combination.

Originally Posted by BARACU
G'Afternoon, Woods....nice 60* day today. Zeke and I took a ride up to the lake to check it out and pick up a couple tools.

Bob, I know you're pissed but I thank you for the laughs...
Haha.....funny thing is I'm not. Cheryl was livid and tearing into those dudes. I actually felt sorry for them. Until I found out what they said. Then I just laughed and thought "Those boys are stupid". I've been laughing about it all day in fact. And it will all get sorted out. But Cheryl even told me she was shocked at how calmly I took the whole thing.

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Well Chris....that damage is not that bad. Bad, yeah, new bike and all, but it can be repaired. Good luck! Just hope Cheryl isn't too discouraged.
Bob..... that can be frustrating as hell. Hope you can get this all figured out and installed. Do you need any help replacing those steps???

Russ, hope you didn't get too cold on your return ride!!!
Cheryl is taking Tanya's wipeout well. It was touch and go for a while though. I had to talk her off the ledge.

Cheryl is empathetic for Tanya, like Tucker, discouraged?.....never.
Truth is Tanya and Cheryl should talk. Cheryl damn near died from a wipeout, but she stuck with it. She is the queen of perseverance. Learning to ride can be tough and certainly discouraging. Support from a soul sister could help Tanya.

Just saw a thread about steak sauce. Seriously? Who in their right mind puts ANYTHING on a properly prepared steak? Next thing ya know people will be mixing stuff with whiskey.
Right?? (sipping a whiskey and coke)

Originally Posted by rocket23
Our steps are concrete. Guys strapped the appliance around their shoulders and walked it right in. Took out the old **** the same way.
These two dumbasses tried that. They weren't strong enough to hold the damn thing up. They had to go up 4 concrete steps to get to the front door and the lead guy fell backwards going up the steps and damn near got his legs crushed. That's when I told them they need to stop and think things through before one of them gets hurt. Then I told them they suck at this and really need to rethink their vocation. I wasn't trying to be an ******* but I'm sure that's how it came off.

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 06:32 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Bob, you don't have to try to be an *******.

The following 2 users liked this post by QC:
nevada72 (12-16-2021), NoRegerts (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 06:39 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Aw ****! Sorry Chris..... I really meant to say Tanya.
Aw ****! Sorry Bob.... I really meant to say Tanya.
Please don't tell the girls. I would hate to have them think I'm the dummy I really am!!
I'm a dumbass!!!

NoRegerts (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 07:13 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Bob: "These two dumbasses tried that. They weren't strong enough to hold the damn thing up. They had to go up 4 concrete steps to get to the front door and the lead guy fell backwards going up the steps and damn near got his legs crushed. That's when I told them they need to stop and think things through before one of them gets hurt. Then I told them they suck at this and really need to rethink their vocation. I wasn't trying to be an ******* but I'm sure that's how it came off.

Great title for a self help book...... " I WASN'T TRYING TO BE AN ******* BUT......"

nevada72 (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 07:24 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Truth is Tanya and Cheryl should talk...
BroDad and SisMom...it could work.

The following 2 users liked this post by OKMICK:
nevada72 (12-16-2021), NoRegerts (12-16-2021)
Old 12-16-2021, 07:35 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

BroDad and SisMom...it could work.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:57 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Evenin Woods! 3 day weekend ahead after a busy & crazy week.

I ended up buying a 2012 F150 to replace my 99 F150. After some deep thoughts and more than a few vulgarities I decided it'd be a better investment to buy something newer. The 2012 has the Platinum package & Twin Turbo EcoBoost V6. It's only 2WD but if the snow is bad enough to need it, we have the Expedition, which is 4WD. Well, W'll have the Expedition once it's repaired.

I need a bike mechanic. We (Santa) got the kids bikes for Christmas & assembled them but Benjamin's has a rear hand brake. The cable isn't adjusting correctly & that boy NEEDS brakes. Note sure what to try...we used Youtube as a guide but it didn't work. We have a friend that is going to come take a look tomorrow. Had to order a new fender for Nataly's bike. When we loaded them after assembly the back end wasn't all the way in & Beth slammed the gate & dented the fender. That won't be in til Saturday which puts a huge wrench in the gears as the kids can't see them until Christmas morning.

Damn, I really do bitch a lot when I drop updates.
"You make more noise than a two dollar radio." SFC Strader to some pvt that was running his mouth a lot.
I'll try to drop in more. 9 of 12 people on my team are on vacation. I am not one of the 9. So long as nothing goes off the rails, the next 2 weeks should be calm.

Juan L (12-16-2021)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII