The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 09:21 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Evening, Mike.
Parts are expensive. I'm finding out...
Especially when they have Harley printed on them. Maybe not as bad as BMW, you'd have to ask Stan about that.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:23 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Or Bob.
Even at the discount Harley dealers, it adds up in a hurry.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:31 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Chris, since the Minny city council got shot down on closing the police department, they're instituting a new group to handle domestic calls that might involve mental issues. The 911 operators would determine if they're mental issues and dispatch two of these folks instead of police. No guns, of course.

Think all these ladies have a chance of getting through a year intact? Will the social diversity here will make a difference to angry people wanting to hurt somebody?

My God Moldie.....they have no clue ......whatsoever ..... one or more may end up dead.

Especially when they have Harley printed on them. Maybe not as bad as BMW, you'd have to ask Stan about that.
Bob .....ask Bob please. LOL

Old 12-14-2021, 09:33 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Howdy Woodsers!
What do you buy an 88 yr old Dad for Christmas? It gets tougher every year.
To be serious for a change, does he have a lined flannel shirt? I really like those when the house is cool. The ones with that Sherpa stuff lining would really be warm. Maybe he'd like a sherpa lap blanket. Hmm, Al's wife might like this lap blanket... 5 star rating, too.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:34 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Nice looking drive and grips.
Why were the grips such a pain?
Does the branch of the drive that goes left go to the through street?
The grips were a bitch because I had to remove the wires running through the bars on the left and run them back through again. I tied a line to them before pulling them out at least. Then, I needed Tanya to plug in the connections while I held the fairing up.

As far as the driveway, that road to the left leads to the main street. We're at the back, so I don't get much traffic.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:35 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
My God Moldie.....they have no clue ......whatsoever ..... one or more may end up dead.
That was my first thought when the idea came up around a year ago. Police have knocked on doors and had bullets come through...

Old 12-14-2021, 09:38 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Chris, since the Minny city council got shot down on closing the police department, they're instituting a new group to handle domestic calls that might involve mental issues. The 911 operators would determine if they're mental issues and dispatch two of these folks instead of police. No guns, of course.

Think all these ladies have a chance of getting through a year intact? Will the social diversity here will make a difference to angry people wanting to hurt somebody?

Pavement is going to be nice when it rains. Or did it get muddy? Nice anyway.
I think that's the dumbest thing they could do. People that want to hurt themselves don't give a dang about hurting anyone else

The driveway was a disaster. It was cracking and steep. The drop off at the end was tricky to get down, and difficult to get up. To get down, you'd have to ride the brakes down and as you hit the dirt, get off the front brake. Then you'd get the rear tire down and then start the turn into the shop. Going up, good luck. Clutch control is key.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:42 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

That sounds challenging for anyone let alone a new rider.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:43 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
That sounds challenging for anyone let alone a new rider.
It is. So she never had to attempt it. I moved the bike out for her and brought it down. Now, she's on her own.

Old 12-14-2021, 09:50 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
I think that's the dumbest thing they could do. People that want to hurt themselves don't give a dang about hurting anyone else

The driveway was a disaster. It was cracking and steep. The drop off at the end was tricky to get down, and difficult to get up. To get down, you'd have to ride the brakes down and as you hit the dirt, get off the front brake. Then you'd get the rear tire down and then start the turn into the shop. Going up, good luck. Clutch control is key.
Some of the dumbest politics I've heard of came from Minnyapolis, glad I don't live there, hope that nonsense doesn't work its way south. Another thing the city council suggested was no guns for traffic cops. Would you even consider stopping someone at night with no gun? Armed cops have been killed in traffic stops in MN.

That driveway would have been a challenge for Tanya, slope maneuvering is way harder than flat. Top heavy sportsters don't help.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII