The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 09:38 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Yeah, what those guys said, Larry! Hoping you all come out of this OK.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (12-12-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 10:34 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for ailing Woods families Lou and Larry.
Chuck, how have you been doing?

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (12-12-2021)
Old 12-12-2021, 11:08 AM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

roast beast sammiches for me and football......off tonight, I think I'll forget about sunday werk next year........it's simply just not worth it.

Old 12-12-2021, 11:28 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery for ailing Woods families Lou and Larry.
Chuck, how have you been doing?
All is good, life is full of surprises, especially for those with short attention spans like me .

Old 12-12-2021, 12:25 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
.... The 10" was actually cheaper but it was 15lbs heavier. weight is getting to be a big factor.
Have to admit, my 12" DeWalt is a handful to carry, have to be careful if I take it off the wheeled stand. Sure nice to use, though.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:41 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

If misery truly loved company, I'd be happy, but I'd rather covid and other crud wasn't getting you guys and your families, too. My granddaughter was the only one tested this round, negative, but even the two year old still has a cough after two weeks, the kids are usually over anything in 2 or 3 days. I'm a little bit better most days, energy is coming back slowly, makes me wonder if despite her test, we got another bout of C. I got the booster a few days ago, didn't cause any problems. All I see in the news is Phizer, and now they're saying a 4th shot for that. I won't take that, a company out to make a fortune, advertising all the news media and getting all the attention; read the independent research numbers and Moderna comes out way ahead, but I haven't seen a mention of that for over a week. That's what I've gotten, will stick with that or just take my chances, C wasn't as bad as the couple whatevers I've had since. This time it's probably seasonal flu, was just in the local news there's a respiratory variant the flu shot didn't cover. Couple years ago, the shot only covered 2 out of 4 and I got the two not covered only a few weeks apart. That was a rough winter. Always takes me longer to get well than the rest of the family.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:42 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

So I was at the MSU basketball game yesterday and wifey text and said she was locked out. Of course I did not "get" the text until after the game was over and we were sitting in Dagwoods enjoying a post game beer. So I stopped and got a new garage door opener and programmed that. Gave that to her friend who is always toting her around. She can now open the garage door from her vehicle. I reprogrammed the push button opener on the outside this morning and replaced battery. So that now functions. Now.... her key to the front door was left in the house. For some reason she will not carry keys with her! Went up and got a couple new keys cut for the front door and will give those to the kids. She called our son and he came over and "broke" into the house to open doors. I could not understand what she was telling me, so I guess I don't wanna know!! So she has a fully functioning garage door opener in her car, has a key for the front door, her friend has a garage door opener, and kids will each have a key. I can't wait for next time she leaves all her keys in the house and is locked out again!!! She has a **** ton of keys that she has no idea what they go to. she kept asking me what they are to and I have not a clue!! I carry house keys, Legion keys, and vehicle keys with me alla time!!
Sheessshhhhh.....wommin.... she can't keep track of nuttin!!!!

Old 12-12-2021, 12:42 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Chuck, You have a sissy bar/small luggage rack set up, don't you? If you do, I would like a picture and part #s if you have them. I'm trying to figure out what fits. I would like to run both at the same time.

Old 12-12-2021, 12:48 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Looking through Amazon for cooking stuff for granddaughter, this was in the baking pans searching for pink ones. Definitely didn't make the maybe list.

Old 12-12-2021, 01:29 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Spartanden
.... I carry house keys, Legion keys, and vehicle keys with me alla time!!
I carry two vehicle keys on separate key rings, locked the key in the car at work over 30 years ago and have done that since. Carry the house key separate, too, with a tiny little garage door opener on the ring that works better than the original. Like to keep the weight on the car key ring minimal, just that with it's fob, truck bed cover key and a pistol trigger lock key.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII