The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2021, 02:04 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Hope this is nothing serious Chuck. You still alone down there? Anyone nearby you can depend on for help if needed?
Have a good day! Hope you feel better soon.
Denny I’m at the RV park alone but my brother and sister are close. My brother when to the drugstore and picked up the medication I needed.

The following users liked this post:
OKMICK (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 02:11 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Get well, Chuck.

Old 11-25-2021, 02:53 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Backforty
Denny I’m at the RV park alone but my brother and sister are close. My brother when to the drugstore and picked up the medication I needed.
Chuck, the liquor store doesn't deliver? Seriously, get better.

G'Afternoon, Woods....

Old 11-25-2021, 03:16 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Good lord 2 hours and I am still full.

Old 11-25-2021, 03:26 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,071 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Evening gents! And glad tidings! All is right with the world - a short nap and the headache has subsided. But the best news of all - the kid has booked a flight to Boston and a month's worth of lodging in his bid to relocate to Bean Town. The plan is to spend a month out there and get established permanently because his goal is to live there. "Someone" once told him that if they had to do it all over again, he would just choose a place to live and make it work because life is too short to live one place when you wish you were somewhere else. I'm surprised he took my, er...that person's advice.

And if it doesn't work out, guess who's room will be occupied while we remodel our bedroom. That's right, the Inn is full. He can figure it out living at his Dad's place if Boston doesn't work out.

Old 11-25-2021, 04:15 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Afternoon, Bob.
Turkey is cooking away on the smoker.
Hope it works out for the kid, seriously. But best for all involved. One less stressor in your life.

nevada72 (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 04:53 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,336 Likes on 3,578 Posts

Originally Posted by Backforty
Blessed Thanksgiving day to all the Woods and their families.

Jeff, I’m down hard with the bug 🤒
Sorry to hear you are ill Chuck. Get well soon, with me and Nancy it was a 24 hour thing. I hope that is all yours turns out to be as well. Let me know if there is anything I can do. You are not that far away.

Backforty (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 05:05 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
Afternoon, Bob.
Turkey is cooking away on the smoker.
Hope it works out for the kid, seriously. But best for all involved. One less stressor in your life.

Thanks Greg. I was hanging in there. The thought of wintering in AZ, away from him, helped. Then when our AirBnB got cancelled, I started to feel that dread of another long Winter with no privacy. Then he said he was moving and I was elated. Then he waffled and I almost lost my ****. I didn't want to unwind all the progress I made so I kept it to myself mostly. But I did have a heart to heart with Cheryl and told her that either he goes or we go. We got screwed on the cancellation because anything that was available at this late date was extremely expensive and well outside our budget. So I politely suggested that she help him find a place to live and motivate him to move, which she did. All's well that ends well. Like I said, he's booked and committed, so I can handle another Winter here if I have to. But there is the job opportunity which I hope pans out next week. The guy called me to touch base and said I'm in the top two and he would make a decision soon.

Old 11-25-2021, 05:22 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

A few years ago, my son, after finally getting a degree in who knows what, was unmotivated and spent most days in the garage getting high, playing games, doing art, which he is extremely talented with, and I finally got tired of it and told him he was coming to work in the machine shop and learn a trade that he could earn a living with. That lasted a couple years, we had a slow down, night shift and a couple others got laid off, including David. He went right out and started looking because he found having his own money was a good thing. He found a job at a natural stone refinishing place, small, 3 person operation. Well the owner decided to retire and is giving David and one other guy stock in the company to eventually pass ownership to them. Despite being overworked because they can't find anyone to work, he is relatively happy with the situation and has thanked me for giving him a good work ethic.

The following 4 users liked this post by QC:
Imold (11-27-2021), soft 02 (11-26-2021), Tonebender (11-25-2021), Uncle Larry (11-25-2021)
Old 11-25-2021, 05:46 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
A few years ago, my son, after finally getting a degree in who knows what, was unmotivated and spent most days in the garage getting high, playing games, doing art, which he is extremely talented with, and I finally got tired of it and told him he was coming to work in the machine shop and learn a trade that he could earn a living with. That lasted a couple years, we had a slow down, night shift and a couple others got laid off, including David. He went right out and started looking because he found having his own money was a good thing. He found a job at a natural stone refinishing place, small, 3 person operation. Well the owner decided to retire and is giving David and one other guy stock in the company to eventually pass ownership to them. Despite being overworked because they can't find anyone to work, he is relatively happy with the situation and has thanked me for giving him a good work ethic.
That's a good story Greg. It sounds like he has some serious potential going for him. Business ownership is difficult, but can be very rewarding. One thing he'll always be short on is free time, that I can say from having owned my own business for 12 years.

Despite my complaints, Cheryl's boy is very goal oriented. He knows what he wants to do and he's not deviating from that. The problem is Covid hit just as he was putting it in motion which really stalled his momentum. I believe he was always trying to a certain extent. But living in a nice home, with awesome home cooked meals, and pretty much whatever he wanted probably slowed his progress. But aside from that, and the gaming, he's super responsible. No drugs, very, very little alcohol, he doesn't even want to have a girlfriend because he doesn't want to get distracted from doing what he plans on doing. I would say he's gay, but he's definitely not. And the kid can hit a golf ball unlike anyone I have ever played with. I've won money betting on him out-driving some pretty accomplished golfers.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII