The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2021, 03:12 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
Yup doing that and moving to southern AZ, Sierra Vista. Just 12 miles north of the Mexico border. near Tombstone. How are you sir?
Looks like some nice riding down there with those mountains in the area. I lived in AZ about 12 years, worked in Phoenix, saw a lot of the state except the southeast corner. Wasn't for daughter and grandkids here, I could see a move back down there, not Phoenix but there's some nice uncrowded areas in that state I think I could stand living in. Used to love off road riding, plenty of that when you get away from Phoenix.

Old 11-15-2021, 03:16 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rocket23
one day at a time. Has been my mantra. I don’t plan on doing much in the winter. A couple things in the house needs attention. For me.
Betcha find there's more things to pay attention to than you thought. I never get bored. At home, anyway.

The following users liked this post:
rocket23 (11-16-2021)
Old 11-15-2021, 03:23 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Looks like some nice riding down there with those mountains in the area. I lived in AZ about 12 years, worked in Phoenix, saw a lot of the state except the southeast corner. Wasn't for daughter and grandkids here, I could see a move back down there, not Phoenix but there's some nice uncrowded areas in that state I think I could stand living in. Used to love off road riding, plenty of that when you get away from Phoenix.
We're going to be in the south eastern part near tombstone, an area called sierra vista. 154 square miles and only 44,000 people. I live in delaware, 131 square miles and 994,000 people. less populated makes me happy but they have a lot of city amenities minus the tall buildings I could go off roading, bought a jeep gladiator but it's a mall crawler. looking forward to the supposed 320 days of sun

Old 11-15-2021, 03:28 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Had the two youngest grandsons for a while today, Audrey had a business meeting with a guy in South Korea. He had her write up a contract he'll look over, so it's a possiblity. My old job was completely out of the financial league she's playing in now, hope this new business keeps working out for her. Proud papa and all that.

Old 11-15-2021, 03:55 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

We're going to be in the south eastern part near tombstone, an area called sierra vista. 154 square miles and only 44,000 people. I live in delaware, 131 square miles and 994,000 people. less populated makes me happy but they have a lot of city amenities minus the tall buildings I could go off roading, bought a jeep gladiator but it's a mall crawler. looking forward to the supposed 320 days of sun
It didn't lack for sunlight, that's for sure. I like trailbikes better, but with a jeep at least you can carry plenty of water. With what I carried on the bike, there were times I would have had to really stretch the water if I had to walk out, no cell phones back then to call for help. Just me, a little water, and Mr. Ruger on the hip. Seldom knew where I'd end up so I didn't bother telling anyone, and there were times if the bike quit, would have been at least the next day walking out. Beautiful country out there alone, never got tired of it.

Old 11-15-2021, 04:44 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts
Old 11-15-2021, 04:45 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,071 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan L
Good news Bob! Be an owner! Get rid of the slugs!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...81?li=BB15ms5q
****.......I'll buy a dozen!

Not.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a long time Packer fan. My old man used to teach them Judo back in the day as part of their training. Lionel Aldridge and a bunch of them used to visit at out cottage on Lake Michigan and we'd throw footballs around. Cheryl's dad was tight with a bunch as well. His best man was Ray Nitschke and he was Cheryl's Godfather. They were a great bunch. So yeah, I love the Packers organization. But pro sports has spun out of control. They aren't regular guys anymore.

I'll see ya down there. We're wintering there starting January and if all the stars align, it will be permanent. We haven't settled on a specific location but I need to be by a major metro area for work, so likely Scottsdale or similar area outside of Phoenix.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:09 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Afternoon all. The shuffle is almost over for the day!

Toyota dealer called and our 4runner is in the ocean and should be at the port on the 17th of december. Fingers crossed!

Old 11-15-2021, 05:23 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
It didn't lack for sunlight, that's for sure. I like trailbikes better, but with a jeep at least you can carry plenty of water. With what I carried on the bike, there were times I would have had to really stretch the water if I had to walk out, no cell phones back then to call for help. Just me, a little water, and Mr. Ruger on the hip. Seldom knew where I'd end up so I didn't bother telling anyone, and there were times if the bike quit, would have been at least the next day walking out. Beautiful country out there alone, never got tired of it.
Yeah, i'm gonna have to figure out how much water to carry. Which model Ruger. I have an SR9, SR40 and SR45

Old 11-15-2021, 05:25 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
****.......I'll buy a dozen!

Not.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a long time Packer fan. My old man used to teach them Judo back in the day as part of their training. Lionel Aldridge and a bunch of them used to visit at out cottage on Lake Michigan and we'd throw footballs around. Cheryl's dad was tight with a bunch as well. His best man was Ray Nitschke and he was Cheryl's Godfather. They were a great bunch. So yeah, I love the Packers organization. But pro sports has spun out of control. They aren't regular guys anymore.

I'll see ya down there. We're wintering there starting January and if all the stars align, it will be permanent. We haven't settled on a specific location but I need to be by a major metro area for work, so likely Scottsdale or similar area outside of Phoenix.
I'll be about 5 hours south of there, but i'd make a trip if you're up for that

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (11-15-2021)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII