The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2021, 11:22 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
I'm a student of the past so I never forget and take for granted what we have. Vietnam... Not going to get into it, but yeah.
Sometimes I wish I could have some of the cool toys I got to play with there.

The following 2 users liked this post by Imold:
iRider (10-08-2021), NoRegerts (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:28 AM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Sometimes I wish I could have some of the cool toys I got to play with there.

Is that you Moldy?

Old 10-08-2021, 11:31 AM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
I believe it's the HD backrest. I'm having the same trouble with mine. Every time I put it on, it gets harder to get off.
Have the same trouble with one of mine. I have to take a hammer handle to it while tapping the claw with another hammer.

The following users liked this post:
NoRegerts (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by iRider
Is that you Moldy?
Yes. First month in country. I made the whole 12 months, the Huey and second gunner that took the photo, only another 4 months.

iRider (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:47 AM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Dont test the waters with an ole boy from Georgia driving a big rig, you just might live to tell about it...........

https://wvmetronews.com/2021/10/08/g...-mingo-county/

Old 10-08-2021, 11:52 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Carol called earlier, tried to talk her through taking a photo for an email, one of the simplest things I've tried to talk her through. When she took the photo, and then got a screen in the settings, I told her she'd have to wait until I could show her in person. She never gets it right the first 3 or 10 times if ever, I still don't know how she gets way off track with step by step instructions, it's like she's using a different program or operating system when I try to explain something on the phone. When the first time gets so far off track, I don't waste an hour any more, just say wait till we get together sometime. It does get a little frustrating when my 5 year old granddaughter figures things out on the tv remote I haven't been able to teach Carol. It's just electronics, she's pretty good at mechanical things.

iRider (10-08-2021)
Old 10-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Guns or tons of steel on wheels, bad idea to lose tempers with either involved.

Old 10-08-2021, 11:57 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Almost noon and all I've done is wash dishes, get frustrated on the phone and pound the keyboard. Feeling the need to get some exercise, be back among the Woods later.

Old 10-08-2021, 12:35 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Hey Moldy, Rick and Rocket!

1:34pm by Mt watch! So that means 3 hours till I GTF out of werk! Yea!!

This places is getting worse and worse by the day...

Old 10-08-2021, 12:37 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
No reversers on the first airliner I flew on - DC3. One of my favorite airliners to fly on, as long as it isn't farther than one gas tank. Kinda noisy...

The pilot on that DC8 in Anchorage was really working the throttles and reversers trying to keep it on the runway, fishtailed pretty wildly when he first tried the reversers. I was just behind the engines so could see them working as he tried to slow it down, got it slowed quit a bit with just the inboard engines before we ran out of runway. I think he veered off into that parking area on purpose rather than run off the end, and I think he deliberately turned us around, too, looked like he popped one reverser on one wing for a moment when we did the 180. Only time I've ever stopped being pressed back into a seat facing forward on a stop. He played inch worm taking us to the terminal, I could have walked faster. Well, on pavement not ice covered, anyway. We had to get off and slip, slide and fall into the terminal (was just a little one back then) for refueling, and I remember this beautiful white reindeer coat with hood for $100 in there, bet that would be over $1000 today (and made in China or Bangladesh). Thought at the time if I'd had a girlfriend, what a heck of a gift that would make, be hard to find something like that in the lower 48 at the time.

Our brains sure hold a lot of memories after a few decades. If/when people can live a couple centuries, wonder if we'll still have the earliest memories. Talking to Mom a few years before she died, I asked if she remembered something I described, and she was amazed I remembered that with a fair amount of detail, said I was around 9 months old when that happened. Then memory skips about 2 years... so my earliest memory is late October, early November, 1947. And these days, the mind sure does wander...
well you got me beat, although I have been told I have an excellent long term memory....my earliest was 3 years old standing on a playground hill overlooking the elementary school ball field...and being told in a few years you'll be here.....then the memories just stick in your craw for future reference I guess......like never run headlong into the woods fetching a foul ball and getting stung 8 times by yellowjackets....not me but I was there........never did that... so when venturing into the woods I walk slowly with my eyes scanning the ground and trees.
kinda like here......

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII