The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 05:59 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

palms are nice....why 23 of 'em? nevermind.....

Old 09-14-2021, 05:59 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

My pickup is a gas hog, had to put gas it again today. Second time this year.

Was planning on running today's errand on the sportster, but the shoveling I did a couple days ago caught up to me today, have to straighten up slowly from a sitting position, and not sure I could pick something up off the floor without kneeling, not trying to find out. Could probably ride the bike just fine, but figured the truck would be less stress on it. Usually doesn't last longer than a few days.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:01 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Greetings from Fountain Hills!
Liked riding in that area, between Fountain Hills and the river, lot of good off road riding, probably all fenced now. Lots of houses built in the area since I left. I didn't really do a lot of road riding back than, too hot most of the year, but spent many mornings riding all over the deserts and foothills north and east of Phoenix before the midday heat got too bad. That's what I miss most about Phoenix, that and no salt on the roads, ever.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:16 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Afternoon gents! A cool 101 today so far. On car #3 as the first 2 rentals were ****. Made them give me a Lincoln Aviator for all the hassle. Much nicer than the Grand Caravan that shook like a wet dog at 70 MPH.
I rented one of those for Dad's funeral, got out of the airport and about 35 mph getting on the interstate the steering shook pretty bad, just turned around at the next exit and took it back. Only thing they had left that would hold 6 people was a Dodge Durango (this was in '98) and that was so much nicer I was glad the minivan crapped out. They didn't charge me the higher rental fee, either, got lucky.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:18 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Someone else's turn, time to start supper. And find out if I can get out of this chair without help.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:31 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Evening, fellas.
Sorry to hear about Bella, Mick. You and Sherrie are in Glo's and my thoughts. It is never easy.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:48 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Got renewal notification for bike insurance couple days ago. It went from somewhere around $600 to over $900. Liberty Mutual. I did search couple years ago and they were best price for both vehicles, home, and bike. So I checked with Harley Davidson and Jim Palmer, who I found in the insurance section. HD quoted me $540 and Palmer (quoted me Modern American) at $550. All three are very similar for coverages. I don't know why my insurance jumped so much.... yeah a new bike, but no tickets and no accidents on the bike. So it looks like I'll be going with the HD insurance as I like the road coverage portion of it. I'll be checking every year now to make sure I'm not over paying. Anyone else have similar issues? Or have you dealt with HD insurance? Or even Modern American??
Dropped bike off this noon for services tomorrow. Hope they get it done in one day.... I'm anxious to hear if exhaust is better and if there is more pep and performance with the tune. I'll know by Thursday at any rate.
Wifey ordered me this sleeping pillow.... anxious to try it out tonite. Supposed to be good for lower back issues. Hope it works, getting tired of sleeping in my La-Z-Denny. Good for my afternoon naps, but not so good for a good night's sleep!!

Old 09-14-2021, 07:08 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Sorry to hear about your little buddy Mick. Putting down a family member is one reason I have resisted getting another one.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:10 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Just voted in person. Had to surrender my mail in ballot.

Today was move in day at work. Crazy traffic when I left.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:14 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,841 Likes on 19,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Got renewal notification for bike insurance couple days ago. It went from somewhere around $600 to over $900. Liberty Mutual. I did search couple years ago and they were best price for both vehicles, home, and bike. So I checked with Harley Davidson and Jim Palmer, who I found in the insurance section. HD quoted me $540 and Palmer (quoted me Modern American) at $550. All three are very similar for coverages. I don't know why my insurance jumped so much.... yeah a new bike, but no tickets and no accidents on the bike. So it looks like I'll be going with the HD insurance as I like the road coverage portion of it. I'll be checking every year now to make sure I'm not over paying. Anyone else have similar issues? Or have you dealt with HD insurance? Or even Modern American??
Dropped bike off this noon for services tomorrow. Hope they get it done in one day.... I'm anxious to hear if exhaust is better and if there is more pep and performance with the tune. I'll know by Thursday at any rate.
Wifey ordered me this sleeping pillow.... anxious to try it out tonite. Supposed to be good for lower back issues. Hope it works, getting tired of sleeping in my La-Z-Denny. Good for my afternoon naps, but not so good for a good night's sleep!!
Dairyland

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII