The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2021, 08:24 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Hi ya Tim. Thanks! Sorry to hear they still have you folks locked in but hey, at least you're not in Australia!
Bah, that’s minor compared to the lock down you’re in. Haha
Its not bad living way up in the boonies. We aren’t nearly as Kanastan as the rest of the country. Dealing with Stupid people is the hardest part.

The following users liked this post:
Big Dave (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 08:28 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Yep, but more like a 2 month timeline for me at this point. I go back to the Infectious Disease people next Thursday. We'll see what they have to say then. 250ml of vancomycin twice a day right now. Wears me out.

I guess considering the alternative, so far so good.
That's the good weapons grade stuff Tracy. Cheryl had a PIC line for her knee infection that damn near killed her. I got to play Dr Bob 2X a day by injecting that (along with three other things meant to prevent clotting and infection). It was a bummer but the stuff worked and knocked the bad stuff out of her. Just make sure to use those alcohol pads (15 seconds as I recall) to clean the injection port before every injection. The infectious disease folks will probably replace the line a few times. Make sure it's not uncomfortable or pulling. It shouldn't hurt. If it does, they need to fix it.

I would also consider talking to an attorney. Sounds possible you weren't given proper medical attention.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:29 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
Bah, that’s minor compared to the lock down you’re in. Haha
Its not bad living way up in the boonies. We aren’t nearly as Kanastan as the rest of the country. Dealing with Stupid people is the hardest part.
True enough buddy, but hopefully my restrictions will be lifted a bit here in a few weeks.

Mike and Julia have been pretty aggravated that they can't cross the border. I think they were hoping to go to AZ for a while this year

Old 08-21-2021, 08:34 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

True enough buddy, but hopefully my restrictions will be lifted a bit here in a few weeks.

Mike and Julia have been pretty aggravated that they can't cross the border. I think they were hoping to go to AZ for a while this year
Thats the biggest downfall. Not being able to travel and seeing you guys.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:34 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
That's the good weapons grade stuff Tracy. Cheryl had a PIC line for her knee infection that damn near killed her. I got to play Dr Bob 2X a day by injecting that (along with three other things meant to prevent clotting and infection). It was a bummer but the stuff worked and knocked the bad stuff out of her. Just make sure to use those alcohol pads (15 seconds as I recall) to clean the injection port before every injection. The infectious disease folks will probably replace the line a few times. Make sure it's not uncomfortable or pulling. It shouldn't hurt. If it does, they need to fix it.

I would also consider talking to an attorney. Sounds possible you weren't given proper medical attention.
Yeah first clean the port, then the saline to make sure then line isn't clogged. Then comes the meds for an hour and half. The more saline to clear the line and heparin as an anticoagulant.

From all appearances the infection was introduced during the first surgery (quad bypass) back in April hence them having to go back in and remove the appliances that were holding my sternum together.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:37 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by zal
Thats the biggest downfall. Not being able to travel and seeing you guys.
Looking forward to a chance to get together again. Hopefully it will happen. I was headed for the west coast. Doc said if I had taken off on the bike I would probably have come back in a box.

Well alrighty then! I guess there's next year.

DanHappy (08-25-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 08:45 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Looking forward to a chance to get together again. Hopefully it will happen. I was headed for the west coast. Doc said if I had taken off on the bike I would probably have come back in a box.

Well alrighty then! I guess there's next year.
This is absolutely the best outcome.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:46 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

It’s a good thing you didn’t go.

Old 08-21-2021, 08:47 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Juan L
This is absolutely the best outcome.
Totally agree

Old 08-21-2021, 08:59 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Don't get me wrong. I'm grateful to be above ground, but aggravated that I'm not healed up at this point and that I have had to go through 2 additional procedures after the heart surgery that should not have been necessary.

DanHappy (08-25-2021)

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII