The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 05:48 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Look at the trend Jenn started...one of you that have Damon on Facebook need to let him know.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...or-bikers.html

Old 08-18-2021, 05:51 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Bob, I don't envy the tip toe environment of the current workplace. Maybe you can attend the company function where she is awarded her participation trophy.
Man I'll tell ya Mick. It's off the rails. I had to send an apology and then I got to sit in a meeting run by this same D-bag on Race and Inclusion. I felt very enlightened being lectured by a white guy about the plight of anyone not white. The thing that gets me is the irony that the very discussion is racist in and of itself. My point, had I been foolish enough to say anything (I didn't - not one fvcking word) was regarding the D-bag's comment about a film clip we watched where a black man is being viewed by white's as something less. Then at the end they show him walking into a courtroom and it turns out he's the judge. The D-bag was waxing poetic about what a poignant moment that was. I wanted to say "Why - you don't think a black man can be a judge?" Funny thing is, I had no bias when viewing the clip. The guy looked decent enough and I wasn't in the least surprised he was a judge. In fact I have a judge friend who happens to be black. But I'm the problem because I didn't just nod and agree at the "revelation". Again - irony

Originally Posted by Imold
I had a brief position dealing with upper managers between airplane jobs a long time ago. Two steel fabrication plants (made custom stuff, big, as in several tons each), CEO also managed one plant, guy I was an assitant to (ok, gofer/errand boy for) managed the other. My guy subcontracted a lot of work, and when I started, they were over a month behind a big contract because they weren't getting the subcontracted work delivered. Boss told me to take his car, talk to everybody, find out where the holdup was. That was easy, was one guy, the one in charge of subcontracting that really liked girls and didn't follow up on anything. Boss told CEO, CEO came to the plant personally and said to fire me, I was bothering his son. Yep, the incompetent girl chasing *******.

Remembering that got me to wondering, google satellite view, both those plants that covered several acres each are gone. Amazing how many things have disappeared in the last 50 years, most of the houses I've lived in, gone, most of the places I worked, gone. My favorite off road riding places, housed over. I feel old.
So did you actually get fired Mike?

Old 08-18-2021, 05:54 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Bob, in many ways the current social/workplace environment resembles dating a stripper....BSC.

The following 2 users liked this post by OKMICK:
DanHappy (08-25-2021), nevada72 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 05:55 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,335 Likes on 3,578 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket23
might do a night ride tonight......don't usually...might of drivin a handful of times on the scoot in all my years.............prolly just stay put...there is a reason I don't cycle at night I just might have forgotten about it,lol
Yep, deer.

My Friday is here and happy hour has been underway for over an hour now. I had a pretty good day, no issues, no one tried to ruin my day and I got on the road a little ahead of the traffic. In the morning there will be golf. Everyone ride safe.

The following users liked this post:
rocket23 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 06:10 PM
rocket23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,615 Likes on 2,870 Posts

yeah, sitting this one out....too many deer and d-bags to count let alone steer clear of.....watching red sox yankees....

Old 08-18-2021, 06:37 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartanden
Well here ya go fellas..... the new Street Glide....hard to tell from the pics, but it is a dark metallic gray. Seems to bounce between looking gray and looking brown depending on angle of the light.
Stopped by dealership and picked up some lights to attach to the saddle bag for run/turn/stop. Maybe hook those up today.
Enjoy! I know I have been!!

Very nice bike! Love the color!

Originally Posted by nevada72
C'mon Russ.....you know the drill - pics!

I wouldn't mind having that extra room as well. I just need to keep complaining about the one we have and hopefully it will get replaced like yours was.

Nice bike Denny! My neighbor has the identical bike and color showing up next week. He's retired MOCO and gets a new one every year. Pretty sweet deal - he actually gets paid to trade in his bike for a new one. This year he made $900. Granted, he puts maybe 3000-4000 miles on the bike.

In other news - got a "talking to" about my "unprofessional" email to a dipshit who is the production manager for a product we sell. Totally incompetent and an OR can't be used because of it. She tried turning it back on me and I let her have it, but not really all that bad. My boss (great guy) got a call from his boss who gave him a hard time and told him to tell me to apologize. Fine. I did and I'll just simply let the projects fail moving forward. Apparently calling someone out on their poor performance is unprofessional. Talk about tying my hands behind my back.

Bob, the woke bosses and HR people are really screwing over the workhorses at every company. It seems the marginal performers are coddled and groomed instead of supporting the folks who are in the trenches. I wish you luck but expect said project manager to complain about a lack of support later on down the road as her projects fail.

Here’s the new fridge!

The following 2 users liked this post by Juan L:
DanHappy (08-25-2021), nevada72 (08-18-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 06:39 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice fridge, Russ...to paraphrase...a watched ice maker never freezes.

Old 08-18-2021, 07:01 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Nice fridge, Russ...to paraphrase...a watched ice maker never freezes.

We’re supposed to throw away the first 24 hours of ice production anyway…..

Old 08-18-2021, 07:03 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Spent some time installing some Custom Dynamic lights on my saddlebags. These are black with smoke lens and mount just under the lid. I'll get some pics and post later. Did not notice these were sequential until I got them home. I would have preferred just the standard lights. But they look good and do what I want. More lights at the rear.
Bob, I sympathize with you. Seems like management is becoming less and less managerial and more and more ignorant. This could be where you just sit back and follow orders. Then wait for their screw ups and watch them blow up. Good luck with your job. Just keep low and do what you're told.

The following users liked this post:
DanHappy (08-25-2021)
Old 08-18-2021, 07:06 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Denny, your bike is nice. What are your thoughts about saddle bag guards not being standard eqpt?

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII