The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 06:02 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Backforty

This is how you did it in the sixties, right Mick ?
String beads, Chuck.

Looks like you're making progress.

Old 08-04-2021, 06:32 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
String beads, Chuck.

Looks like you're making progress.
Yes I am, tomorrow I will pick up a piece of wood to repair the subfloor. I will also shop for some sill seal, some other flashing tape and some ice&water dam. This sob is going to be as tight as a frogs *** !.

Last edited by Backforty; 08-04-2021 at 06:36 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:19 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Felt pretty good today, strength is picking up a lot the last couple days. But... what an awful experience today. Lady friend talked me into going to Costco with her so we could use the truck to carry big stuff like toilet paper easier than in her Accord (same outside dimensions as the Pontiac Bonneville I had, a miserably cramped mini car inside). First, she wanted to get there early before the crowds - and it opened an hour later than she thought. Also wanted to go to a Costco about 3 miles closer to her she thought would be less crowded (it wasn't), but with a dozen or more extra stoplights, most red, and single lane road construction for most of the distance in a congested area to start with. Store still closed, so let's go to the bank to pay the visa bill (she doesn't do auto pay or anything financial on line) and that was the whole length of the congested road again (2 roung trips on that road, easily an hour total). Finally Costco time, and there's a mob in front of the store (I learned that a long time ago, wait at least an hour so the opening "beat the crowd" crowd has gone through). Zig zag and backtrack through the store for two hours and finally back to her house almost 4 hours after I left mine.

Wait, there's more! Costco was out of 2 of the 4 or 5 things I thought I could get while there, so I stopped at Sam's Club on the way home... That added almost half an hour to the ordeal, got what I needed and a couple weeks more, gonna be a while before I'll be able to force meself into a grocery store again.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:28 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

G'Evening, Woods....Zeke and I were fishing off the dock and got one 15" bass. He has to learn that fishing is supposed to be relaxing.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:30 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
G'Evening, Woods....Zeke and I were fishing off the dock and got one 15" bass. He has to learn that fishing is supposed to be relaxing.
Sounds like you and Zeke should have invited Moldy.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:43 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Backforty
Yes I am, tomorrow I will pick up a piece of wood to repair the subfloor. I will also shop for some sill seal, some other flashing tape and some ice&water dam. This sob is going to be as tight as a frogs *** !.
When I replaced my windows I used a kind of rubberized tape on the frame the window went into, bet they wouldn't leak underwater around the edges. The original window frames had drafts, actually had unsealed gaps around the windows, take the inside molding off and you could see daylight around some of the windows. 1970 house construction was still in the dark ages. The '83 house I bought new wasn't much better.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:44 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Sounds like you and Zeke should have invited Moldy.
I could use a day on a lake with nobody in hearing distance. Woodn't even have to catch a fish.

Old 08-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Spartanden
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 8,296 Likes on 6,040 Posts

Same way I felt about fly fishing. Never caught much, and what I did would just fit the palm of my hand! But to walk in the river, listen to the sounds, enjoy the fresh air and views was just totally relaxing. How I miss that.....

Old 08-04-2021, 08:14 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
I could use a day on a lake with nobody in hearing distance. Woodn't even have to catch a fish.
Mike, old Chinese proverb : "The best fishing is done with a straight hook"

Old 08-04-2021, 08:17 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Felt pretty good today, strength is picking up a lot the last couple days. But... what an awful experience today. Lady friend talked me into going to Costco with her so we could use the truck to carry big stuff like toilet paper easier than in her Accord (same outside dimensions as the Pontiac Bonneville I had, a miserably cramped mini car inside). First, she wanted to get there early before the crowds - and it opened an hour later than she thought. Also wanted to go to a Costco about 3 miles closer to her she thought would be less crowded (it wasn't), but with a dozen or more extra stoplights, most red, and single lane road construction for most of the distance in a congested area to start with. Store still closed, so let's go to the bank to pay the visa bill (she doesn't do auto pay or anything financial on line) and that was the whole length of the congested road again (2 roung trips on that road, easily an hour total). Finally Costco time, and there's a mob in front of the store (I learned that a long time ago, wait at least an hour so the opening "beat the crowd" crowd has gone through). Zig zag and backtrack through the store for two hours and finally back to her house almost 4 hours after I left mine.

Wait, there's more! Costco was out of 2 of the 4 or 5 things I thought I could get while there, so I stopped at Sam's Club on the way home... That added almost half an hour to the ordeal, got what I needed and a couple weeks more, gonna be a while before I'll be able to force meself into a grocery store again.
Mike, Mike, Mike....a "lady friend"?

You dog you.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII