The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 06:58 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Won't last long? ... the voucher or you ?
The voucher Larry! I’m game for a few more hours of drinking.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 07:04 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by nevada72
Evening Larry!

I'm actually pretty chillaxed all things considered. We got a check from insurance to start paying contractors and buying things to fix the house. Went to deposit it the other day and the bank wouldn't let me! WTF?? I blew an O-ring on them and left with my check. Turns out they have a stipulation that any insurance payout over 20 grand has to be approved for deposit by them to make sure I don't "Buy a sports car with the money.". More WTF. We do all our banking with this credit union including the mortgage. I have a Heloc I could empty and "buy a sports car" if I wanted. Long story short is I bitched out at least 4 different ******** who didn't simply allow me to deposit the check to fix the house and finally got one who maybe, just maybe, will get me results tomorrow.

But can you believe it?

Anyway, I'm now in a zen state and it will work out in the end. Just very frustrating.
Just incredible Bob. How does the bank expect you to buy a sports car if they won’t let you deposit the check? Just screw with them after you get it deposited and it clears, you should withdraw it all in cash.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:06 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by Juan L
The voucher Larry! I’m game for a few more hours of drinking.
I've seen him do it!

Uncle Larry (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 07:10 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Nothin quite like a $9 hr bank employee bein able to stick it to someone who has more cash than they will ever gather up at one time.
Right? The first bitch I came across was at the drive-up teller. I just figured it's just another check to deposit. First thing she comes back over the loudspeaker for all to hear - "Are you aware that your heloc is delinquent?". Talk about starting off on the wrong foot. Of course she was wrong and had to apologize. I told her that she may want to adjust her tone and wording in the future and then the check deposit crap started. It went downhill from there.

The last one I spoke with on the phone headed in that direction. I basically told her the credit union was acting in bad faith, that my next call was to an attorney, and my next stop would be to remove all funds from my accounts. Then I would immediately refinance the house. Thus concluding over 500K in business with them. Oddly enough she became a bit more willing to "see what she could do".

I hate resorting to that, but I meant it. It wasn't a threat.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:13 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Not to be overly political but are any of you following this bullshit about the White House flagging Facebook posts for removal?

Old 07-15-2021, 07:18 PM
Juan L

Not to be overly political but are any of you following this bullshit about the White House flagging Facebook posts for removal?
I must be disconnected from the hive, Mick. Can you provide a link?

Old 07-15-2021, 07:20 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,840 Likes on 19,329 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Right? The first bitch I came across was at the drive-up teller. I just figured it's just another check to deposit. First thing she comes back over the loudspeaker for all to hear - "Are you aware that your heloc is delinquent?". Talk about starting off on the wrong foot. Of course she was wrong and had to apologize. I told her that she may want to adjust her tone and wording in the future and then the check deposit crap started. It went downhill from there.

The last one I spoke with on the phone headed in that direction. I basically told her the credit union was acting in bad faith, that my next call was to an attorney, and my next stop would be to remove all funds from my accounts. Then I would immediately refinance the house. Thus concluding over 500K in business with them. Oddly enough she became a bit more willing to "see what she could do".

I hate resorting to that, but I meant it. It wasn't a threat.
Bob ... I went through a situation a few years ago at the credit union ( direct deposit for social security checks ) I was there to put a "perk" in my oldest sons account ... They wouldn't let me ... this wasn't a transfer, I had cash in hand ... After a half baked explanation I got loud and demanded a total withdrawal from my account ( a very healthy account I might add ) when suddenly the manager appeared who was within an ears shot all the while ... She authorized the deposit ... WTF ?.

nevada72 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 07:25 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Juan L
I must be disconnected from the hive, Mick. Can you provide a link?
I will do my best...my tablet is suddenly not posting complete url addresses. It is the lead on Fox news website and I started a POD thread with a clickable link.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:37 PM
Juan L

I will do my best...my tablet is suddenly not posting complete url addresses. It is the lead on Fox news website and I started a POD thread with a clickable link.
Seems like Psaki has singled you out…….

Censorship if ANY kind is bullshit and even worse when directed by the government.

soft 02 (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021, 07:43 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Facebook is in lockstep with Uncle Joe. I would abandon it but the motorcycle pages are pretty useful to me. That's really all I use it for. I never put politics or share any real personal details on FB.

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Bob ... I went through a situation a few years ago at the credit union ( direct deposit for social security checks ) I was there to put a "perk" in my oldest sons account ... They wouldn't let me ... this wasn't a transfer, I had cash in hand ... After a half baked explanation I got loud and demanded a total withdrawal from my account ( a very healthy account I might add ) when suddenly the manager appeared who was within an ears shot all the while ... She authorized the deposit ... WTF ?.
It's a shame it has to come to that. I just want to get along and really don't expect much. My house is damaged, I want to fix it (go figure), and had the funds given to me for insurance I pay a LOT for. It's galling that someone has to turn it into something ugly.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII