The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2021, 06:15 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Will do, thanks for the tip Mick. Getting the stuff to make breakfast on Friday evening after work, for Saturday morning.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:17 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
The offer was to Chris. Al, having a refined palate that only comes with experience, will love buttermilk pancakes.
Mick, told my wife. She says she makes her own buttermilk when she needs it. Just adds lemon or something to regular milk. So,I ask " do you put butter in it?"...She says " there's no butter in buttermilk"...I say " Well that's stupid"

Old 03-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,332 Likes on 3,576 Posts

I am on a strict keto regimen, this talk of pancakes is killing me. I have an amnesty day coming this weekend. Maybe I will cook pancakes. I have some genuine maple syrup too.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:20 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

There absolutely is butter in buttermilk, Al.
The lemon juice curdles the milk into butter.

Easier than you churning it while she spins wool by firelight.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:21 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

Jeff, I'm not on keto, but all the pancake talk has set me on a path of enlightenment and spiritualism.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:23 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Al, go the store and buy a quart of buttermilk. Much easier.

Old 03-10-2021, 06:24 PM
Balladromic
Road Master
Received 393 Likes on 213 Posts

Welcome to the TOAK. NNs (nearly nekkids) and goats are paramount as is staying strictly focused on the topic of the thread. This is the repository of all the knowledge in the known universe and if we don't have facts we will make something up.
The Pagan symbols do not change. They contain the legend of Isis and Assur.

The name Isis is two hisses of the sacred asp 2.
The first of our kind, twice wise i.e., H. Sapiens Sapiens.

The Latin word Universus is composed of U = the womb of Isis + n = a son + v = a daughter + er = Heru + sus = Isis. The English word Universe now means "whole," "all of it," "everything." In the beginning, Universus probably only meant "all people." The alphabetic symbols in the word Universus add up to the whole world family of sons and daughters of Heru and Isis from the womb of the Goddess. The word Universe that began as the name of the universal family of humankind has been extended to include everything from the macrocosm of galaxies to the microcosm of the infinitesimal.

universe (n.)1580s, "the whole world, cosmos, the totality of existing things," from Old French univers (12c.), from Latin universum "all things, everybody, all people, the whole world," noun use of neuter of adjective universus "all together, all in one, whole, entire, relating to all," literally "turned into one," from unus "one" (from PIE root *oi-no- "one, unique") + versus, past participle of vertere "to turn, turn back, be turned; convert, transform, translate; be changed" (from PIE root *wer- (2) "to turn, bend").

1 " Therefore the effort to arrive at the Truth, and especially the truth about the gods, is a longing for the divine. For the search for truth requires for its study and investigation the consideration of sacred subjects, and it is a work more hallowed than any form of holy living or temple service; and, not least of all, it is well-pleasing to that goddess whom you worship, a goddess exceptionally wise and a lover of wisdom, to whom, as her name at least seems to indicate, knowledge and understanding are in the highest degree appropriate. For Isis is a Greek word..."

Old 03-10-2021, 06:32 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Balladromic
The Pagan symbols do not change. They contain the legend of Isis and Assur.

The name Isis is two hisses of the sacred asp 2.
The first of our kind, twice wise i.e., H. Sapiens Sapiens.

The Latin word Universus is composed of U = the womb of Isis + n = a son + v = a daughter + er = Heru + sus = Isis. The English word Universe now means "whole," "all of it," "everything." In the beginning, Universus probably only meant "all people." The alphabetic symbols in the word Universus add up to the whole world family of sons and daughters of Heru and Isis from the womb of the Goddess. The word Universe that began as the name of the universal family of humankind has been extended to include everything from the macrocosm of galaxies to the microcosm of the infinitesimal.

universe (n.)1580s, "the whole world, cosmos, the totality of existing things," from Old French univers (12c.), from Latin universum "all things, everybody, all people, the whole world," noun use of neuter of adjective universus "all together, all in one, whole, entire, relating to all," literally "turned into one," from unus "one" (from PIE root *oi-no- "one, unique") + versus, past participle of vertere "to turn, turn back, be turned; convert, transform, translate; be changed" (from PIE root *wer- (2) "to turn, bend").

1 " Therefore the effort to arrive at the Truth, and especially the truth about the gods, is a longing for the divine. For the search for truth requires for its study and investigation the consideration of sacred subjects, and it is a work more hallowed than any form of holy living or temple service; and, not least of all, it is well-pleasing to that goddess whom you worship, a goddess exceptionally wise and a lover of wisdom, to whom, as her name at least seems to indicate, knowledge and understanding are in the highest degree appropriate. For Isis is a Greek word..."
Have you ever met Hawaiian Guy?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:32 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

There absolutely is butter in buttermilk, Al.
The lemon juice curdles the milk into butter.

Easier than you churning it while she spins wool by firelight.
The Galloping Gourmet I'm not....I'm better at building stuff . I have to learn to cook or I'm going to starve up at the lake. So what do you think about chocolate milk?

Old 03-10-2021, 06:34 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Al, go the store and buy a quart of buttermilk. Much easier.
Haha....that's what I told her.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII