The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2020, 01:44 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Howdy Mick, Bob & Greg!

Old 12-06-2020, 01:45 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
If you think about it, the push in captures on many 15A residential outlets is the same principle. That said, I agree with you. I don't use them at all.
Same problem, not enough contact area for much more than lights. Sometimes it's better to do things the hard way. I use the push in for light switches with nothing more than a few lights going through them, especially with today's LEDs, but that's about it. Last new house I bought had everything push in, receptacles and wago connectors. Turn on a vacuum cleaner and every light on the circuit dimmed. Also was wired all 14 ga, I'd never use less than 12 for anything other than lights only. When I replaced the wiring in my current house, a lot of receptacles had 14 ga. Some of the receptacles had power from two circuit breakers, too. Takes talent to do that...

The following users liked this post:
nevada72 (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:47 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Bob, I think that you're too demanding. I mean..close the garage door in the wintertime? Next thing you know, you'll be wanting him to wipe his shoes when he comes in the house. BTW, 42 yrs here and I can't get my wife to close the garage door. I even hung a sign where she parks her car " CLOSE THE DOOR" she got pissed.

DanHappy (12-15-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:49 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Bob, I think that you're too demanding. I mean..close the garage door in the wintertime? Next thing you know, you'll be wanting him to wipe his shoes when he comes in the house. BTW, 42 yrs here and I can't get my wife to close the garage door. I even hung a sign where she parks her car " CLOSE THE DOOR" she got pissed.
Yeah, unfortunately Cheryl isn't much better. But she brings things to the table that the kid doesn't. In fact he doesn't bring a damn thing other than a hole in my wallet.

DanHappy (12-15-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:49 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Al, Hang up a sign that reads...

If you don't close the door you owe me sex.

Problem solved

Old 12-06-2020, 01:52 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Al, Hang up a sign that reads...

If you don't close the door you owe me sex.

Problem solved
She'll never move her car...

Old 12-06-2020, 01:59 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by nevada72
Well the damn kid left the garage door open again, for the umpteenth time. He had a 2 week hiatus and I told him if he can commit to closing the door, a simple request and as easy as pushing a remote control button, he could park there again. That lasted a week. So screw it. I can definitely use the space for working on my BMW.
Even if I didn't want my garage collection on display, I don't want the critters taking up residence. Had a possum sneak in one winter, and he did not want to go back out in the cold. Finally got him out and a while later got a call from the next door neighbor's wife. She wanted to go somewhere, but something with long teeth scared her when she tried to get to her car...

That had a kind of funny ending. I tried chasing it out (again), and it somehow got into the compressor area of a refrigerator they kept out there for beer. Gave up and rolled it outside and closed the door when she got the car out. Husband came home later and asked her why the fridge was in the driveway.

nevada72 (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 02:00 PM
Tonebender
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,332 Likes on 3,576 Posts

Just got back from a nice ride. We met up with some friends and all rode to the swap meet in Webster Florida. We stopped in the way back at Southern Harmony for some lunch. I had the fried green tomato po-boy with a side of collard greens. Rehearsal later today for a gig next weekend.

Old 12-06-2020, 02:03 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,070 Likes on 12,185 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
Even if I didn't want my garage collection on display, I don't want the critters taking up residence. Had a possum sneak in one winter, and he did not want to go back out in the cold. Finally got him out and a while later got a call from the next door neighbor's wife. She wanted to go somewhere, but something with long teeth scared her when she tried to get to her car...

That had a kind of funny ending. I tried chasing it out (again), and it somehow got into the compressor area of a refrigerator they kept out there for beer. Gave up and rolled it outside and closed the door when she got the car out. Husband came home later and asked her why the fridge was in the driveway.
I didn't even think about critters. Or security. It's more that the garage warms up in the daytime so that, overall, the temps rarely drop below freezing in the garage. With the door wide open that all goes away - literally. And if it starts snowing, the garage will get snow in it. So nope. He's done. Tough ******* for him.

The following 2 users liked this post by nevada72:
DanHappy (12-15-2020), Imold (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 02:07 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

I stand corrected, I was asked about lol. Mike, I'll be sure to do that.

Just a lot going on, on the road traveling and last night, took the wife and girls to a Christmas party. Today got a call from my friend who broke down and a call from my father who's landlord is in the hospital after a crash. Broken ribs and vertebrae in his back, but alive.

Every time I set the phone down someone was needing something. That's fine, just had me going sun up to sun down.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII