The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2020, 04:39 PM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,944 Likes on 4,699 Posts

I'd love to work from home, but the State frowns on keeping meth at home.

Old 11-17-2020, 04:43 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Can't you keep it in the garage?

Old 11-17-2020, 04:45 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Hey, Stan.... I'm sure there'll be an adjustment period. Some people that I know love it but they don't have to deal with people all day long.
The challenge we have is all the big, thick reference manuals from the 80s and 90s which were never digitized, so when a contractor calls in with a need for one of eighteen pumps and motors from a 1990s crane.....we have to go back frequently to the hard copies. Anything from around 2000 on is on the servers.......
Ugh.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:16 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Mike, in years past, I would think the same way. With my recent "issues", I have to make a concerted effort to get myself back in shape. Doesn't take much more of a push than when your cardiologist calls and say " Did you ever have a heart attack"? and you say " I don't think so" and you get " Well, I do".....my "winter restoration" project for this winter is ME!!...
I found out today Johnson Fitness is the Horizon distributor and there's one about a mile from my daughter's house. Most of their lower end stuff is $2000 and up, but they have this model for the same $650. I suppose I could stop there and check it out.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:35 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
I found out today Johnson Fitness is the Horizon distributor and there's one about a mile from my daughter's house. Most of their lower end stuff is $2000 and up, but they have this model for the same $650. I suppose I could stop there and check it out.
That T101 is a pretty nice unit for the money. We don't need "runner" ones . Meets the size for tall people. Seems to pretty well made from what I heard. I like the fact that they actually make all the components and don't outsource the parts and just do assembly. I'm putting it in the garage next to my desk. I'm in there all the time anyway. This way i can hop on anytime to watch a show or read. Putting down in the family room requires an effort to go out of my way to use it....best laid plans....

Old 11-17-2020, 05:45 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BmrWood
The challenge we have is all the big, thick reference manuals from the 80s and 90s which were never digitized, so when a contractor calls in with a need for one of eighteen pumps and motors from a 1990s crane.....we have to go back frequently to the hard copies. Anything from around 2000 on is on the servers.......
Ugh.
Delta began putting manuals on computer several years ago, but the ones I worked for previously were all paper. I'm sure the number of aircraft manuals I've used would number in the hundreds. The previous airline's in house written manuals, with mechanic and engineer input were usually a lot better than the manufacturer's for accuracy and ease of use, but in in the early 2000's, top management decided mechanics were too expensive and they'd send most of the work elsewhere cheaper, so as part of that all those "unneeded" in house manuals were eliminated (and thousands of mechanics). Guess what airline name disappeared a few years later... If Delta hadn't bought them, I'm sure my retirement income would be a lot less.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:52 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Evening, exercisers and home workers.

Old 11-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Last house I lived in in Phoenix (1980s) a next door neighbor was ATF. Until I actually met him, I thought he had to be a car dealer, seldom drove the same car more than a couple days and all were high end models. Turns out they were confiscated cars. One day he showed me his collection of ammo and some of his guns that would have needed some expensive paperwork for me to own, if I even could. All part of the job. About all those cars, he told me he also drove a variety of different ways to work and anywhere he went routinely. You can probably figure out why. He liked that I was a combat vet and had some lethal stuff in the house, too, even kept me stocked with ammo for it from his stash, he had the largest variety I've ever seen in a home. Was one of my favorite neighbors.

Old 11-17-2020, 06:05 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
Evening, exercisers and home workers.
Hey, Greg....ain't nobody be exercisin', we be jus talkin' about it....kinda the same

The following users liked this post:
Imold (11-17-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 06:11 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

That T101 is a pretty nice unit for the money. We don't need "runner" ones . Meets the size for tall people. Seems to pretty well made from what I heard. I like the fact that they actually make all the components and don't outsource the parts and just do assembly. I'm putting it in the garage next to my desk. I'm in there all the time anyway. This way i can hop on anytime to watch a show or read. Putting down in the family room requires an effort to go out of my way to use it....best laid plans....
I have the money, just a mizer with it. I'm starting to seriously consider this, especially since they're about the lowest impact and easiest to use, I need something that doesn't wipe me out in 5 minutes or wreck my back - I tried a strange almost full body workout thing once, and my back didn't get back to normal for over a month. I went through physical therapy for several weeks once, and their treadmill was the only thing I could breathe hard on without something hurting real bad, but that might not be a good comparison, there was a pretty painful reason I was there... but it did illustrate how if you're not in very good shape, as long as the legs work you can use it.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XIII