The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 02:09 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Hard work
I've practically forgotten what that means.
Are the kiddies washing the truck?

Old 05-25-2018, 02:21 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozvader
I've practically forgotten what that means.
Are the kiddies washing the truck?
Yep, first day of vacation and they were ornery as hell already

Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Man does she have some *****

Old 05-25-2018, 02:26 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
https://youtu.be/i7Z6Y0YNQGg

Man does she have some *****
A lot of the "girls" around south beach have those. Only they're real and don't glow. At least not yet.

Old 05-25-2018, 02:27 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

They are cutting us loose early 3 minutes and counting. Have a great weekend!!!

Old 05-25-2018, 02:42 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Back from kubbin, 110 miles. My butt was starting to get sore, must be out of shape!

Old 05-25-2018, 02:44 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by RoadKing 2014
Back from kubbin, 110 miles. My butt was starting to get sore, must be out of shape!
The weather here is depressing

Old 05-25-2018, 03:03 PM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozvader
The weather here is depressing
I see that , tropical storm!

Old 05-25-2018, 04:01 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Afternoon, Woods....got a tale that belongs in "Ripley's Believe it or Not". BIL and I were out riding today and decided to take the Interstate the last 25 miles to avoid holiday lake traffic. We're about 15 miles from home and I hit a bump and catch something black out of the corner of my eye, look in the side view mirror and see a rectangular oblect flying behind me and bouncing off the pavement. Look at my dash board cubbyhole and see it open...my *&^%^&* phone was in there. I find the next mile marker as a reference. Motion to my BIL what happened and have to go 8 miles before we can turn around. Turn around , go back to the exit before I lost my phone, get in the area that I lost it at and travel down the shoulder with flashers on at slooow speed, No Luck and I'm pissed!
\
Get home and call my son, he tells me to go to icloud and use "find my phone". I do that and it shows up but there's little refernce to exactly where. i do satellite search of area to find some point to go by. I come up with MM 15.2...Get my wife, her phone and her iPad and we go back. The iPad shows my phone location and also our actual location. We get in the area, I pull over, hazards on and start calling my phone and looking in the grass. Five minutes go by and I turn around and there's a State trooper behind my car with it's lights on. He gets out and asks my wife " Are you looking for a phone?" She says "Yes" and tells him the story...he says " It's right there ,laying on the paved shoulder...We never looked ON the pavement either time. She then tells him that our son is a Trooper, turns out he knows my sons and SIL. He said he thought we were pulled over because of a flat and had dropped the phone. Three of us had a good laugh......I'm not pissed anymore.

The following users liked this post:
Uncle Larry (05-25-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 04:19 PM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BARACU
Afternoon, Woods....got a tale that belongs in "Ripley's Believe it or Not". BIL and I were out riding today and decided to take the Interstate the last 25 miles to avoid holiday lake traffic. We're about 15 miles from home and I hit a bump and catch something black out of the corner of my eye, look in the side view mirror and see a rectangular oblect flying behind me and bouncing off the pavement. Look at my dash board cubbyhole and see it open...my *&^%^&* phone was in there. I find the next mile marker as a reference. Motion to my BIL what happened and have to go 8 miles before we can turn around. Turn around , go back to the exit before I lost my phone, get in the area that I lost it at and travel down the shoulder with flashers on at slooow speed, No Luck and I'm pissed!
\
Get home and call my son, he tells me to go to icloud and use "find my phone". I do that and it shows up but there's little refernce to exactly where. i do satellite search of area to find some point to go by. I come up with MM 15.2...Get my wife, her phone and her iPad and we go back. The iPad shows my phone location and also our actual location. We get in the area, I pull over, hazards on and start calling my phone and looking in the grass. Five minutes go by and I turn around and there's a State trooper behind my car with it's lights on. He gets out and asks my wife " Are you looking for a phone?" She says "Yes" and tells him the story...he says " It's right there ,laying on the paved shoulder...We never looked ON the pavement either time. She then tells him that our son is a Trooper, turns out he knows my sons and SIL. He said he thought we were pulled over because of a flat and had dropped the phone. Three of us had a good laugh......I'm not pissed anymore.
That's an incredible stroke of luck! I've had about 3 iPhones fly out of my SG's storage compartment. It's absolutely infuriating.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI