The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 10:59 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Going well...getting ready to go to the school for my daughters kindergarten performance. WARNING: 'Posibility of cute kid pics is very high today

Old 05-24-2018, 11:04 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,316 Likes on 19,109 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
I'll mess with it, see if it's feasible, like I really need another project.
Boom Box and Duct Tape ??

Old 05-24-2018, 11:05 AM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,184 Likes on 849 Posts

Ah Ha you have an 08, don't have anything for that yet but it's coming. The problem with anything past 03 is there is no trap door for the geraset. It is all encased with the motor. You have to split the engine case just to get to the gear set so we never did anything with those bikes. But we are working on something now.
I've got time. I had a bolt fall off the air filter, into the intake, and down the piston. Found the head of the bolt lodged in the exhaust. She cut off on me but kept starting up and trying to run. I figured the bottom end was damaged after I saw the damage that bolt caused. Selling her was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I had her set up perfectly. The suspension work I did was a momentary spark of genius. Looked good too.
I illegally tracked the title & registration last year and bought her off the second owner since I sold her. Talk about being persuasive.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:08 AM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Going well...getting ready to go to the school for my daughters kindergarten performance. WARNING: 'Posibility of cute kid pics is very high today
Bring on the cute kid pics. They'll be needed to offset the pictures of the pissed off marsupial in my attic. Let's pray I don't have to grab it. I bet this sonamabitch is a biter.
If that's the case I won't post pics of the wound until I've got stitches.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:12 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by Mozvader
I've got time. I had a bolt fall off the air filter, into the intake, and down the piston. Found the head of the bolt lodged in the exhaust. She cut off on me but kept starting up and trying to run. I figured the bottom end was damaged after I saw the damage that bolt caused. Selling her was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I had her set up perfectly. The suspension work I did was a momentary spark of genius. Looked good too.
I illegally tracked the title & registration last year and bought her off the second owner since I sold her. Talk about being persuasive.
I have stuff falling off my 96 Fatboy all the time, just ask the rest of the woods they got to see it first hand in Colorado and Maggie valley. It made it there and back both trips though. Lost a bolt for my rear brake master cylinder on the way to Colorado. First time riding in the mountains , talk about pucker factor riding I-70 to beaver creek with just a front brake. Took me 2 days to shake that one off.lol

Old 05-24-2018, 11:13 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Bring on the cute kid pics. They'll be needed to offset the pictures of the pissed off marsupial in my attic. Let's pray I don't have to grab it. I bet this sonamabitch is a biter.
If that's the case I won't post pics of the wound until I've got stitches.
Got some welding gloves?

Old 05-24-2018, 11:21 AM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member

I have stuff falling off my 96 Fatboy all the time, just ask the rest of the woods they got to see it first hand in Colorado and Maggie valley. It made it there and back both trips though. Lost a bolt for my rear brake master cylinder on the way to Colorado. First time riding in the mountains , talk about pucker factor riding I-70 to beaver creek with just a front brake. Took me 2 days to shake that one off.lol
That was the last time I forgot to loctite anything.
I know that 1 functioning brake feeling. The fork seal broke on that Sportster. I thought I had driven through a sprinkler or something and had no idea what happened. Imagine my surprise as I approached the entrance to my job at 80mph and had no front brakes. The fluid from the forks had drenched my caliper. Pucker factor was extreme that day. I still haven't found that LePera seat....

Old 05-24-2018, 11:25 AM
Mozvader
Extreme HDF Member

Got some welding gloves?
Nah. Leather gloves and my hunting jacket should be enough. I've never actually seen a possum bite. They're good at threatening and hissing but as soon as you grab it they can't believe you actually went for it and calm down.

Old 05-24-2018, 11:28 AM
fireman031967
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 430 Likes on 388 Posts

Nah. Leather gloves and my hunting jacket should be enough. I've never actually seen a possum bite. They're good at threatening and hissing but as soon as you grab it they can't believe you actually went for it and calm down.
Not sure I want to know how u know that!

Old 05-24-2018, 11:28 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Glad you still made it OG! you are good people. As are the other Woods. I will always look back fondly on Woodstock 16.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI