The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 06:05 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Evenin', Woods.....spent last night and today workin' on motorsickles...felt good. Exhaust, kick stand and center stand(PITA), foot pegs, shifter, kicker and some other stuff done on the Kawasaki. Other than gas tank, side panels and headlight hosing, all remaining parts fit in a shoe box. Hopefully getting those painted in two weeks. BIL (Joe) from WS17 came down with his new Fuglee and we put layback lighted plate on rear fender (I made HIM drill the holes buahahhha) grips changed and saddlebag lights put on. Put the engine guard on the Springer since they been sitting in the box for a few weeks.

MarCUZ....go to the corner for that pic.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:23 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,572 Likes on 6,270 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
I apologize to the TOAK...just going with what was available
Didn't know what the fuss was about, went back and looked...

Marky Dos, you did good. Lord know's I'm kinda picky with how my wimmenz look. Never had any trouble getting the good looking ones for a couple of reasons. That girl in the pic? She's not ugly bless her heart, she's doable. Maybe after a drink or 2, but I bet she could put a smile on a fellers face, even a winder buster like ol' Rupert...

Old 05-09-2018, 06:29 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,753 Likes on 12,050 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
You nabbed a good one, and I'm betting you would put up with a daily *** whooping from her to keep her...OK, weekly *** whooping....

Hi Bawb...
Hey Jack!

Yeah.......I guess she's ok.

Truth is she keeps life pretty fun, so I'm lucky. But don't ever tell her I said that.

Speaking of which - you going to WS18?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:30 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Feel like I'm trying to pull one foot outta the grave today. Down 14lbs in 10 days, if I can just stay sick another month at least I'd be at a fine weight.

Originally Posted by rwhisen
More antennas please....
Who bucked those rivets?

Old 05-09-2018, 06:33 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Jack, WTF....
You going to run dually's on Pearl?
Gotta set a standard Stan!!!

Old 05-09-2018, 06:37 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nevada72
Hey Jack!

Yeah.......I guess she's ok.

Truth is she keeps life pretty fun, so I'm lucky. But don't ever tell her I said that.

Speaking of which - you going to WS18?
Bob, I own my own Concrete Construction Co. It totally depends on what is going on, and unfortunately, summertime is usually ***** to the wall. I take off all the time for 3 or 4 days, cuz I have a good crew, but I can't just put in for a week or 2 off, don't work that way. I'll have to see what is going on when it gets close. Right now looks like I'll be slammed thru Sept. If I can, I will by all means get there. Would love to meet some of the guys, and I have a feeling they would remember me, cuz I might bring entertainment...wait, how many wives are coming along?????

Old 05-09-2018, 06:40 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Pearl is stoked...she got these in the mail yesterday

When I get tires squeezed together in plastic wrap, I put pieces of 2x4 or oil bottles in them to spread them back apart for at least a few hours in the sun. Not so bad with tubes, but when the beads are touching, can be a pita to get the beads seated with tubeless. Those don't look wrapped real tight, though. I got some tires this winter I planned to put on as soon as it got above 40, but almost as soon as I got the tire machine back in the garage, got sick. Shouldn't take long when I can do it, though. Get my granddaughter to help. Maybe let her repack some bearings, kids love dirty stuf.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:48 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Imold
When I get tires squeezed together in plastic wrap, I put pieces of 2x4 or oil bottles in them to spread them back apart for at least a few hours in the sun. Not so bad with tubes, but when the beads are touching, can be a pita to get the beads seated with tubeless. Those don't look wrapped real tight, though. I got some tires this winter I planned to put on as soon as it got above 40, but almost as soon as I got the tire machine back in the garage, got sick. Shouldn't take long when I can do it, though. Get my granddaughter to help. Maybe let her repack some bearings, kids love dirty stuf.
Hey Moldy, not saying I know all the tricks, but my truck is a rolling tire repair shop, lol...gonna be 92° Friday. Little bit of time outside and they'll be fine...

Old 05-09-2018, 06:57 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

I hope it never gets near 92 here this summer, but it usually does for a little while - when the humidity is up and it really feels miserable. Most of the old folks I knew in my younger days liked being what was too warm for me, but I'm still partial to cooler weather.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:58 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Had 2 homemade tacos tonight, and I didn't have to cook thank goodness....little things...

Gonna fire up Pearl and go have 2 drinks. Take care Woodrow's....

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI