The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2018, 03:39 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
OT driving eval update - They said I need a suicide **** for the steering wheel and right hand turn signal lever in order to drive. But I think that's all they're going to require of me. we'll see after the nuero doc reviews
On the road again

Old 04-30-2018, 03:49 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,627 Likes on 2,733 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
G'Morning, recent arrivals.

Russ, i was surprised about having to reload the tune after battery change. I've had my battery disconnected a few times and didn't see a change. Thanks for the heads up when I get a new battery
I didn't go back far enough to see how this started. I've hooked up a jumper battery to the cables on cars so I wouldn't have to reset all the electronics after changing a battery. Just gotta be careful a jumper wire doesn't pop off

Old 04-30-2018, 03:55 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

It's been an eventful day. VA appointment - Done. Visit to dentist - Done. Early voting - Done. Rear ended in my truck by POS non-driver's license or insurance having African American who fled the scene - Done.

The good news is that he hit my trailer hitch which took out his radiator so he won't get very far. The police will find him, they already have his address. He pushed me into the lady in front of us and that woman (another AA) took off too. WTF? Not really any damage to my truck, just bent my front license plate bracket a bit and a rub on the back bumper from when I backed into Mike's bike. That 2 5/16" ball does some damage to a car's front end.

Here's his car as he was backing out to take off:

Last edited by Juan L; 04-30-2018 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2018, 04:00 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Off to go see Nurse Ratchet at the VA for my 6 month probe/feel then a lovely lunch date at the dentist's office. Wonderful, feels like a Monday.
I think I should see about getting in the VA, never did 'cause insurance covered docs and VA care used to get a lot of bad mouth. After my last couple physicals, thinking the VA couldn't be any worse, all the doc did on the last one was a stethoscope on the back for a few seconds, asked a few questions, and... that was it. Medicare paid a bunch for that, what a waste of time and money, and I have no idea what my health status is other than how I feel when I get up in the morning.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:01 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Damn Russ, you are gonna be ready to get back to the PNW, huh?

Old 04-30-2018, 04:07 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Damn Russ, you are gonna be ready to get back to the PNW, huh?
Yep, still going.

Old 04-30-2018, 04:12 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
I hope the hygienist has big boobies. Makes the dental cleaning more tolerable.
I got a surprisingly long boobie rub from one once. Not what I'd call big, but definitely comfortable. Thought about thanking her, but sometimes that doesn't go the way you'd think a compliment would.

Which reminds me of another story. I was flying jumpseat in a DC9 (minimal fold down seat behind the center console) and a flight attendant told me I should go sit in back so I wouldn't be in the way. Pilot said, no, that's ok you can stay here, so she angrily pushed my head sideways with her boobies handing the coffee to the pilot, most violent boobie encounter I've ever had. Not long after on another flight, she recognized me, this time back with the passengers, and apologized for her behavior. I overcame the temptation to tell her how good it felt...

Old 04-30-2018, 04:13 PM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Imold
I got a surprisingly long boobie rub from one once. Not what I'd call big, but definitely comfortable. Thought about thanking her, but sometimes that doesn't go the way you'd think a compliment would.

Which reminds me of another story. I was flying jumpseat in a DC9 (minimal fold down seat behind the center console) and a flight attendant told me I should go sit in back so I wouldn't be in the way. Pilot said, no, that's ok you can stay here, so she angrily pushed my head sideways with her boobies handing the coffee to the pilot, most violent boobie encounter I've ever had. Not long after on another flight, she recognized me, this time back with the passengers, and apologized for her behavior. I overcame the temptation to tell her how good it felt...
No public office for you!

Old 04-30-2018, 04:13 PM
gs34doc
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Received 895 Likes on 633 Posts

Well Russ.....That just plain sucks!!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Sprinkled here this morning, just enough to rearrange the salt lines on the road. I'm too sick to ride anyway, but I'd sure like a good rinse by the time I can get out again. Had to pass on my regular day with my granddaughter, too, that really sucks.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part XI