The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part X

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 09:59 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Mornin Mike!

Rich, rants are welcome

Old 09-25-2017, 10:13 AM
skidder
Extreme HDF Member
Received 83 Likes on 76 Posts

If a player takes a knee during the anthem in hockey he better be ready to scrap it out all game long.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:15 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Happy belated birthday, Alw.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:18 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,954 Likes on 19,385 Posts

Hey Al ... I got you this for your birthday ... naw ... Not friggin' chance buddy ... I'm keeping her locked up in the basement :>)

Old 09-25-2017, 10:19 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

I've been peeking in your basement windows, Larry

Old 09-25-2017, 10:20 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,632 Likes on 2,735 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
I dunno, call me an baby but when the temp drops below 40 I don't ride unless it's mandatory. ....
I posted a legit question in the softail forum about installing a set of heated grips, 100 views, no replies. That tells me most of them don't wrench on their own sleds so other than posting a picture of the latest install by the service dept the forum is useless. ....
Wrenching is a big reason I haven't looked at twinkies and up, don't want to have to learn to deal with all the problems I read they've had, don't want to deal with the computer stuff and the expensive tools & upgrades guys say they need. I can learn new tricks, just too old & tired to want to.

Used to be awful uncomfortable riding below 40, but I have clothes now that keep me warm enough well below freezing. I'd ride year round between snows if the roads weren't white with salt here. Last couple winters had warm spells & rain that gave a few days without salt, felt wonderful to bundle up and get out of the house. Even took the sidecar out in snowstorms, before the salt trucks made their rounds. When you don't have to worry about it sliding out from under you, it's fun drifting around corners. I never felt the cold till I got off the bikes, but riding in cold is a personal comfort level and I know folks not used to it would be miserable in a Minnesota winter.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:24 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by AllenW
Wife texted it was 97 down in Mpls, didn't have the heart to tell her it was 57 at the lake.
Weather report said it broke some kind of record the past 3 days. Sure glad the whole summer wasn't like this, I spent most of the time indoors.

I like riding at night, but seldom do, get out of town like I like to do, and I feel like a target at highway speeds with all these deer. Every time there's a car coming at you, you're riding blind from the glare, wouldn't see a deer till just before you hit it.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:24 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,804 Likes on 9,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldskewl
It's not just that, it's the whole forum of M8 owners. These guys bloat about being "rich" having owned bikes dating back as far as 2001 I'll have you know...
The argue amongst themselves like children over who ride twisties faster.... On the INTERNET!!!

I go there because I happen to have an M8 and I really don't know much about them. The sumping issue on the new bikes is a concern but a couple guys in there just don't have anything else better to do than argue with one another.

Friday night someone gets alcohol muscles, types a bunch of crap about another member then on Monday comes in and apologizes.

90% or more of these guys are bullshitters and claim they ride 30k a year on their bikes despite living in the midwest.... I dunno, call me an baby but when the temp drops below 40 I don't ride unless it's mandatory.

I posted a legit question in the softail forum about installing a set of heated grips, 100 views, no replies. That tells me most of them don't wrench on their own sleds so other than posting a picture of the latest install by the service dept the forum is useless.

Sorry for the rant.
No apology necessary.
Lou may know about hooking up those type of grips.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Imold
Seasoned HDF Member

Grips reminds me, I need to order some. Need new ones on three bikes.

Old 09-25-2017, 10:48 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
No apology necessary.
Lou may know about hooking up those type of grips.
I did heated bar inserts from HeatDemons because of all the issues ive seen with factory heated grips. Plus I can keep my sparkly grips because it doesnt matter what grip you run. I would have spoke up if I had any info.

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part X