The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part X

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 01:27 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Blast from the past for the old Toakers, talked to my former radio show co-host James at lunch and he really misses the radio show. Maybe thinking of doing another but not under the confines of my job and having to watch who we **** off and what we say.

Just a Mark and James talk motorcycles and other crap type of gig.
Maybe we'll hear from JDub again....

Old 12-14-2017, 01:28 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU

Wow, just realized he hasn't been around in quite some time.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:37 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
That would be great. What is James doing these days?
He is working for Bikers Choice down in Russ's neck of the woods. He still has his vette and Harley but he bought a BMW bike and he loves it.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

Might draw him out .

Old 12-14-2017, 01:38 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

good afternoon gents.
Afternoon check in.....snow all cleaned up. practiced with Monster Quad.....as I suspected, the thing is too big to maneuver plus I'm rusty with one. Would have been quicker with the small snow blower. May as well start looking for a small cheap Quad....buahahahahhah
saw your post about brown gas in your 'blower Al, it might be rust from inside the fuel tank if it's an older model. I had a trash pump that I had to strip the carb and tank because of rust, it also had a foam insert inside the tank that had disintegrated that made one hell of a mess inside. I assume it was there to prevent the fuel from foaming due to engine vibration from the Briggs and Stratton, once that was all out I used a handful of gravel inside the fuel tank and shook it up and the gravel removed all the residual rust inside the tank.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:45 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 26,159 Likes on 12,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
That stretch of I-94 in the west end of the state can be treacherous when it comes to snow .. there have been many multiple car/truck accidents there ... one a few weeks ago was bad and a couple of years ago there was a 90 vehicle accident ... I've got a friend who works for the highway dept in the winter ( he owns his own excavating business ) and he tells some scary stories of the accidents along that stretch
I've never seen anything like it. And I've seen a lot. I drive quite a bit for living, not to mention countless ski trips all over the West and Canada. This was really scary stuff. I was flying instruments only.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:36 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by teeroy_
good afternoon gents.saw your post about brown gas in your 'blower Al, it might be rust from inside the fuel tank if it's an older model. I had a trash pump that I had to strip the carb and tank because of rust, it also had a foam insert inside the tank that had disintegrated that made one hell of a mess inside. I assume it was there to prevent the fuel from foaming due to engine vibration from the Briggs and Stratton, once that was all out I used a handful of gravel inside the fuel tank and shook it up and the gravel removed all the residual rust inside the tank.
Bought it 1 year ago tomorrow brand new. Has plastic tank....something screwy going on. has a very rough idle with bad surging. Just used an identical one at my mother's ,same age.....ran perfect. I'll bring it to dealer tomorrow, let them mess with it under warranty.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Banned

Bought it 1 year ago tomorrow brand new. Has plastic tank....something screwy going on. has a very rough idle with bad surging. Just used an identical one at my mother's ,same age.....ran perfect. I'll bring it to dealer tomorrow, let them mess with it under warranty.
Kick it.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Blast from the past for the old Toakers, talked to my former radio show co-host James at lunch and he really misses the radio show. Maybe thinking of doing another but not under the confines of my job and having to watch who we **** off and what we say.

Just a Mark and James talk motorcycles and other crap type of gig.
Getting my extensive collection of NN's with watermarks ready....

Old 12-14-2017, 02:50 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

ah gotcha. Well disregard said advice lol

Quick Reply: TOAK, The Thread of All Knowledge Part X