The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK the Thread Of All Knowledge IX

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 06:09 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

I gave up trying understand some folk's taste in that sort of thing long ago, I went to look at a possible investment property for rental the other day. A little old lady that had lived there for many years passed away and her kids are trying to sell the house. Nice older home with a 2 car detached garage. New roof, recently upgraded HVAC system.

She had a put down a medium sculptured **** carpet that was like aqua and white throughout the house and in the bedroom were purple walls. Purple. You know how hard that **** is to paint over?

Old 06-17-2017, 06:10 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
I tell ya, Tracy.

Her: "What do you think?"
Me: "I like that pattern in that color." Pointing at something else, cuz I don't like what she's picked.
Her: "What about this one?"
Me: "I just told you"
Her: "Why the attitude?"
This is why I'm a jerk all the time, an attitude is expected that way and I get in less trouble. Mostly because I'm usually always in trouble, just less at times.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:15 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
I gave up trying understand some folk's taste in that sort of thing long ago, I went to look at a possible investment property for rental the other day. A little old lady that had lived there for many years passed away and her kids are trying to sell the house. Nice older home with a 2 car detached garage. New roof, recently upgraded HVAC system.

She had a put down a medium sculptured **** carpet that was like aqua and white throughout the house and in the bedroom were purple walls. Purple. You know how hard that **** is to paint over?
You just tell people it was Prince's vacation secret hideout and charge for tours.

Then with the money you make you can hire the painting done.

Alw

Old 06-17-2017, 06:18 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

That might work Al!

Old 06-17-2017, 06:19 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,804 Likes on 9,867 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT

Should I invest in the company that makes "Killz"?

Old 06-17-2017, 06:26 PM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

Evening fellas. Took a hike this morning, worked on the pool, took a dip and grilled up some dinner.

Been a good day.

Old 06-17-2017, 06:28 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
Should I invest in the company that makes "Killz"?

Not the first time I've to deal with it. I can't remember what I used last time, but it was a paint and primer in one. Still had to put 2 heavy coats on to cover it.

I have a strict rule for rentals that you don't do anything to the house without my prior approval. If it needs painting I'll see that it gets done and if you mount a ceiling fan etc., it belongs to me from that point on.

A couple moved in one of my houses and when I went by to do an inspection 6 months later they had painted their daughters room a dark purple. I was not happy and took out their lease and read them verbatim what they had signed when they move in.

Needless to say I took a good chunk of their deposit when they moved out.

SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Lots and lots of primer Tracy.

I'm out woods, taking the kids to see Cars III. They're a little old for it, but Cars was the first movie they saw in theatre many years ago.

And yes, I'll be bringing a little something something in my travel flask.

LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Evening Rick. You guys still planning on being there for WS17?

Old 06-17-2017, 06:29 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Have a good time Craig!

Quick Reply: TOAK the Thread Of All Knowledge IX