The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK the Thread Of All Knowledge VIII

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 12:20 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Man that is a LOT of chrome to polish Chuck! Denny would probably lose his mind on that one!

Old 02-25-2017, 12:38 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
I'd be more worried about the hole gettin "wallered out" as our Head Wood once said

Bwahaha! Not sure how I missed this one the first time around.

If this refers to me then I have only one thing to say.

I will not seek, nor will I accept, the nomination of my party for president.

Old 02-25-2017, 12:54 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
A Bruce Jenner bearing. It lost its *****. Dairy feed wagon. You drop different kinds of feed in it and it mixes it all up while chopping it to a specific size. Then it has a shoot to feed the cows in the feeding lane.
Speaking of, rumor has it she/he/it is opposed to Trump, I wonder if she/he/it understands nobody with a brain gives a **** what she/he/it thinks?

No offense, if you want a retro chopper, ya really should build as much of it as you can.

I did give some thought to building one but after putting about 30 miles on a buddies hard tail, I bought the WG..Ya call me whoosy.

Al

Old 02-25-2017, 01:17 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by AllenW
Speaking of, rumor has it she/he/it is opposed to Trump, I wonder if she/he/it understands nobody with a brain gives a **** what she/he/it thinks?

No offense, if you want a retro chopper, ya really should build as much of it as you can.

I did give some thought to building one but after putting about 30 miles on a buddies hard tail, I bought the WG..Ya call me whoosy.

Al

Not going to get into anything that might resemble politics here, but yeah I could GAF what Brucelette and that bunch of Hollywood whackadoos lost in their fantasy world think. I have to exist in the real one and it damn sure 'aint all rainbows and cupcakes.

As far as hard tail frames, pretty to look at and hell to ride for any time. Buddy had a knuckle on a Sante frame. It was the most comfortable ridged frame I ever rode and that was only because it had a 240 on the back that absorbed a lot. I'll pass.

Old 02-25-2017, 01:44 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Not going to get into anything that might resemble politics here, but yeah I could GAF what Brucelette and that bunch of Hollywood whackadoos lost in their fantasy world think. I have to exist in the real one and it damn sure 'aint all rainbows and cupcakes.

As far as hard tail frames, pretty to look at and hell to ride for any time. Buddy had a knuckle on a Sante frame. It was the most comfortable ridged frame I ever rode and that was only because it had a 240 on the back that absorbed a lot. I'll pass.
Did you get my text btw?

Al

Old 02-25-2017, 01:53 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Got time to kill so I'll post up some pics of my repair.

A little anti seize for next time!

Effing kids need to cut out all that bailing twine!

Old 02-25-2017, 01:59 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,951 Likes on 19,384 Posts

Afternoon fellers.

Pretty good meet. A lot of older stuff there, shovel, pan. One guy had some leather stuff at a great price.

I didn't buy anything except a support shirt and a chili dog. Almost bought a side hack but it just needed too much work.

They might just be tucked up in there somewhere Lou.
Almost bought a side hack but it just needed too much work ... Did ya ever ride one Tracy. It's really a different experience. :>(

Old 02-25-2017, 02:19 PM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Nice Lou. I see you guys prefer the nylon baling twine. I hate that stuff. It just never goes away and ends up getting wrapped around any kind of mowing machine. PITA to deal with on a rotary mower..

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Almost bought a side hack but it just needed too much work ... Did ya ever ride one Tracy. It's really a different experience. :>(

I have not Larry. Maybe I could get some tips from GenghAl?

This was an older open one that wasn't very fancy to start with and needed a LOT of work. I had no problem walking away from it.

Old 02-25-2017, 02:23 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Mr Pickle's for lunch!

Old 02-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,951 Likes on 19,384 Posts

Nice Lou. I see you guys prefer the nylon baling twine. I hate that stuff. It just never goes away and ends up getting wrapped around any kind of mowing machine. PITA to deal with on a rotary mower..

I have not Larry. Maybe I could get some tips from GenghAl?

This was an older open one that wasn't very fancy to start with and needed a LOT of work. I had no problem walking away from it.
Yep .. I'd say is our "resident expert" ... I helped a guy put a hack on a Triumph 650 years ago ... Quite a project ... It wasn't mu cup of tea.