The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK the Thread Of All Knowledge VIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:49 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,878 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
What a shame . Everybody loses when the law is unclear and unfairly applied. Like the muddled definition of the term wiretap vs surveiled...
To paraphrase one of our Presidents....I did not have surveillance with that woman!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:51 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Lit a meth lab would explain a lot but the LEOS would want to be all over that to protect the kids...
Hey Coastie!! The LEO's might be on the payroll

Old 03-23-2017, 10:06 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Originally Posted by Michelob96
Happens all the time!! And it happens the other way around too. There are very few lawyers and no judges that have any understanding of land law. Just last week I testified in a case where my client has a deer camp. The folks adjoining have been using my client's road for access. When caught, they were told to stop and a gate went up. My client is being sued for entry. I brought evidence in the form of (think Alice's Restaurant) showing where plaintiffs have legal access via 2 different public roads and are a shorter and easier means of access for them. They have no reason to cross my client's property other than spite. I knew from the judges questions how it was going to go. It's not what's right or wrong, it's who knows who. The plaintiffs were granted a prescriptive easement across my client's property. This easement has no width, legal description or maintenance agreement. So, legally they can cross my client's property any time they want, wherever they want, without pitching in on any maintenance. My client's property value is shot and forever encumbered.

rural America!! gotta love it!
Baker, this vary thing could have happened to me when I bought my property. " Adverse possession" My neighbor to my south had been accessing his land on the other side of a wet lands by crossing the property that I eventually purchased to build my house on. It was all undeveloped land for years. After improving what was a trail into my driveway I installed a gate because my house was a ways of the beaten path and I wanted some measure of security. When the neighbor saw the gate he offered to buy deeded access from me. He eventually sold his property and it never became an issue. I was glad he didn't just go to court and take it from me, he would have likely been successfull.

Last edited by Backforty; 03-23-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:14 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,802 Likes on 9,866 Posts

There have been occasions here where a "realtor" has gained access to a vacant/for sale/rent home and has had someone move in. When the rightful owners have tried to move the people out, the realtor has claimed the adverse possession laws. That hasn't worked too well, but it has created a nightmare for the legal owners.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:26 AM
iRider
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 814 Posts

Mid Day check in.

Looking forward to some lunch.

I know, exciting right?

Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Greg, I know of a number of instances it has been successfully used around here. It would appear to be a no brainer. " Judge; of course your not entitled to that mans property " . Doesn't happen like that. My coworker lost five of his twenty acres to his neighbor. He spent a fortune in legal fees defending himself and lost in court. The neighbor was the brother of the guy he bought the property from. My coworker eventually lost it all back to the bank because it ruined him financially.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:36 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Morning gate guarders, seems to me if that fellow and his gate, are keeping 4 other fella's from their property, he must have a pretty big set. Shotgun or no it's still 4 on 1. Maybe the other 4 don't get along, hard to say.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Mornin OG!

Old 03-23-2017, 10:38 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Morning all!

One last day on the cabinet and it either will work or work for firewood.
Turns out the three boards that I glued together for the main door, decided to warp on me and trying to get it to at least close now, we'll see.

We don't have any problem here with people moving in, they're usually unemployed and have a handful of gimmie, gimmie.
We immediately sign them up for welfare and food stamps because we are MN nice here.

Was happy to see that the millions of bucks we send to the united nations is being put to good use, seems they did a study and found that Norway was the happiest place on earth.
O-Joy..

To add to that, gonna rain for the next 3-5 days, sprinkles they say, uh huh.

Almost TGIF for those who care.

Alw

Old 03-23-2017, 11:01 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Morning Mark, Al.