The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK the Thread Of All Knowledge VIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 09:13 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Received 399 Likes on 333 Posts

Good morning Toaks. We certainly live in troubled times. Luckily people who pull guns on folks in Michigan don't usually fare so well as it is a "shall issue" state so folks have a right to defend themselves...and have been doing so. Just did a search to verify and read that Michigans "Stand your ground law closely mirrors Floidas's law. Your local LEOs might want to have a talk with Mr Shotgun to prevent a bunch of paperwork later. Doesn't sound like he's all that bright though, what a pity.

Last edited by coastie56; 03-23-2017 at 09:21 AM.
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Hi ya Chuck.

The guy probably has a meth lab back out in the woods or something..

LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Hi Randy!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Backforty
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,698 Likes on 1,867 Posts

Mornin y'all , I'm continuing yesterday's celebration as I got a late start on NGOD.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:24 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Hey PaPa how are you? Hi Lit! Long time no text. Survived another crappy winter, but OMG nothing compared to what you guys got! It's my fault I bought a bigger Troy Bilt 28 inch snow blower and haven"t even had to start it!How do you like those muffs? I ordered muffs from KromeWorks to match my headpipes but they are quite a bit skinnier then the kerkers so are quieter. The outlet hole is much smaller too. but they have the old style E Glide grooves stamped in to them lengthwise. Hopefully we cancheck them out this year if I don't have any more health issues...Any body thimking about a new M8?

Last edited by coastie56; 03-23-2017 at 09:35 AM.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Michelob96
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
I guess my thinking is who in their right mind would block public access to private property? Not even the gov't can do that. Although it has been done.
Happens all the time!! And it happens the other way around too. There are very few lawyers and no judges that have any understanding of land law. Just last week I testified in a case where my client has a deer camp. The folks adjoining have been using my client's road for access. When caught, they were told to stop and a gate went up. My client is being sued for entry. I brought evidence in the form of (think Alice's Restaurant) showing where plaintiffs have legal access via 2 different public roads and are a shorter and easier means of access for them. They have no reason to cross my client's property other than spite. I knew from the judges questions how it was going to go. It's not what's right or wrong, it's who knows who. The plaintiffs were granted a prescriptive easement across my client's property. This easement has no width, legal description or maintenance agreement. So, legally they can cross my client's property any time they want, wherever they want, without pitching in on any maintenance. My client's property value is shot and forever encumbered.

Originally Posted by LiiT
Oh the drama never ends here buddy. Always something going on behind the scenes

Sometimes it's like living in the wild west here Greg and you have to treat things just that way.

There hasn't been a murder case solved here for a long, long time unless they turned themselves in.

A couple years ago there was a rather unsavory character who thought it would be a good idea to rip off the wife of a dealer who was in prison at the time. I reckon his wife was still running the operation while he was.. indisposed.

6 months later the guy gets out of prison and a few days later they found the aforementioned character beat to a pulp and shot full of holes, but local law enforcement "had no suspects in the case".

Yep. It's just like that.
rural America!! gotta love it!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

Lit a meth lab would explain a lot but the LEOS would want to be all over that to protect the kids...

Old 03-23-2017, 09:37 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by coastie56
Hey PaPa how are you? Hi Lit! Long time no text. Survived another crappy winter, but OMG nothing compared to what you guys got! It's my fault I bought a bigger Troy Bilt 28 inch snow blower and haven"t even had to start it!How do you like those muffs? I ordered muffs from KromeWorks to match my headpipes but they are quite a bit skinnier then the kerkers so are quieter. The outlet hole is much smaller too. but they have the old style E Glide grooves stamped in to them lengthwise. Hopefully we cancheck them out this year if I don't have any more health issues...Any body thimking about a new M8?
Coastie, that's called alsyndrome!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:42 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by coastie56
Lit a meth lab would explain a lot but the LEOS would want to be paid well and screw the kids...

Fixed it for ya buddy.

I gotta scoot for a while.

Later!

Old 03-23-2017, 09:46 AM
coastie56
Grand HDF Member

What a shame . Everybody loses when the law is unclear and unfairly applied. Like the muddled definition of the term wiretap vs surveiled...