The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK the Thread Of All Knowledge VIII

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 06:29 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,734 Likes on 19,290 Posts

Originally Posted by krwould
Offta do what I gotta do..laaater!!
Yep it's about that time ... finish up the run, then go home and kick my scooter .. I'll show Tracy!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:37 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

It seems the ex dead beats are the gift that keeps on giving(?) for the landlord, sort of like an STD. The electric company in town is owned by the Borough and as such, they can hold a landlord responsible for a tenant's electric bills with a lien against the property. I have been telling the owner this as far back as last summer when he visited from FL.

He insisted that the Borough will notify him, which is wrong. In the past few months , I stressed no less than six times that he should call the Borough and check, but what would I know?? He calls me yesterday to say that he changed all the utility bills...water,gas and electric to his name. Borough informed him that the ex tenants are $1,400 behind on electric bills and if the dead beats don't pay (hahahah) he's stuck with the bill! My response was " I f*****g told you so,but you won't listen"

Old 03-23-2017, 06:48 AM
Michelob96
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Re-mornin' Woods!

Originally Posted by BARACU
It seems the ex dead beats are the gift that keeps on giving(?) for the landlord, sort of like an STD. The electric company in town is owned by the Borough and as such, they can hold a landlord responsible for a tenant's electric bills with a lien against the property. I have been telling the owner this as far back as last summer when he visited from FL.

He insisted that the Borough will notify him, which is wrong. In the past few months , I stressed no less than six times that he should call the Borough and check, but what would I know?? He calls me yesterday to say that he changed all the utility bills...water,gas and electric to his name. Borough informed him that the ex tenants are $1,400 behind on electric bills and if the dead beats don't pay (hahahah) he's stuck with the bill! My response was " I f*****g told you so,but you won't listen"
Gas heat?? If so, wait till he gets the gas bill with the doors and winders open all winter!!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:52 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,802 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Morning, Baker!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:55 AM
Michelob96
Road Warrior

How dee Greg!

Old 03-23-2017, 06:55 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Michelob96
Re-mornin' Woods!

Gas heat?? If so, wait till he gets the gas bill with the doors and winders open all winter!!
Haha.....the gas and water companies don't hold the owner responsible for the bills. Are they gonna get a screwin'. The good thing is that these dead beats will have a tough time ever renting another place when they apply for utilities.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:05 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Haha.....the gas and water companies don't hold the owner responsible for the bills. Are they gonna get a screwin'. The good thing is that these dead beats will have a tough time ever renting another place when they apply for utilities.
Not at all, they'll get it in their babies name next time

Old 03-23-2017, 07:10 AM
Michelob96
Road Warrior

Seems they used to cut folks off when the past due date hit. I reckon that's why the rest of us have such high bills now...
I distinctly remember coming home from a hot *** day in the swamp covered in stinky mud to find my shower didn't work. Turned out my loving OL had spent all my $$ on drugs and gambling and neglected to pay the $13 bill. Nasty as I was, I cut the padlock on the meter, took my shower, and then went to the water company to pay. They said, "we will have someone out in the morning to turn it back on". I laughed and said, "oh yeah, no need, here's your lock". They laughed and said, " that will be another $100 for the lock".

Old 03-23-2017, 07:14 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Michelob96
Seems they used to cut folks off when the past due date hit. I reckon that's why the rest of us have such high bills now...
I distinctly remember coming home from a hot *** day in the swamp covered in stinky mud to find my shower didn't work. Turned out my loving OL had spent all my $$ on drugs and gambling and neglected to pay the $13 bill. Nasty as I was, I cut the padlock on the meter, took my shower, and then went to the water company to pay. They said, "we will have someone out in the morning to turn it back on". I laughed and said, "oh yeah, no need, here's your lock". They laughed and said, " that will be another $100 for the lock".
I've estimated that they hadn't paid the electric bill in 12 of the 14 months that they've lived there. The Borough should have never let it go that long! If I were the owner, I would be screaming at the Borough.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:14 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Morning, morning Woods.