The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 01:05 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
A good shop is hard to find. I tell my friends that all welders, mechanics and dealers are thieves until proven otherwise.
Tim and his pop are good peeps. I've never heard anyone badmouth their business. you get what you pay for

Old 10-26-2016, 01:06 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

A good shop is hard to find. I tell my friends that all welders, mechanics and dealers are thieves until proven otherwise.
Same with IT guys!

Old 10-26-2016, 01:07 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by teeroy_
Tim and his pop are good peeps. I've never heard anyone badmouth their business. you get what you pay for
Well you dont always get what you pay for. Seen some people get taken badly. Was great to meet up with him in Co.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:11 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior

Well you dont always get what you pay for. Seen some people get taken badly. Was great to meet up with him in Co.
never more true than right now up in our part of the world. people are hurting in this economic downturn, and some have no morals when it comes to gouging customers to cover their own bills.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:13 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Well this is a fine kettle of fish, and I don't even fish.

Had arranged the installation of the V&H Power Dual at my local HD dealer for this weekend. No problem.
Shop manager calls today and advises the must also do a race tuner (HD EPA compliant of course) and a dyno tune or they can't/won't install the pipe.
I advise that I carefully and meticulously run a Power Vision and in fact there is a canned tune from Power Vision exactly for my setup with my specific AC, slip-ons and the Power Duals.
Don't matter he says...... they have to do the tuner/dyno. Dealer policy to protect them against ECM mods where people have no idea what they're doing.
I says sorry, not going to do that of course. Will install myself before spring '17.
Oh well.......

Old 10-26-2016, 01:22 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Bring it to Avon, Stan. We can work on it in the covered parking area

The following users liked this post:
soft 02 (10-26-2016)
Old 10-26-2016, 01:24 PM
teeroy_
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Northern Glide

Had arranged the installation of the V&H Power Dual at my local HD dealer for this weekend. No problem.
Shop manager calls today and advises the must also do a race tuner (HD EPA compliant of course) and a dyno tune or they can't/won't install the pipe.
I advise that I carefully and meticulously run a Power Vision and in fact there is a canned tune from Power Vision exactly for my setup with my specific AC, slip-ons and the Power Duals.
Don't matter he says...... they have to do the tuner/dyno. Dealer policy to protect them against ECM mods where people have no idea what they're doing.
I says sorry, not going to do that of course. Will install myself before spring '17.
Oh well.......
sounds like a nice cash grab while covering their ***. not sure what they would charge for a dyno tune down there but up here it sure isn't cheap

Old 10-26-2016, 01:26 PM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by Northern Glide

Oh well.......
Want me to find you a good indy?

Old 10-26-2016, 01:27 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by teeroy_
sounds like a nice cash grab while covering their ***. not sure what they would charge for a dyno tune down there but up here it sure isn't cheap
Hey there T -
Tuner (HD) and Dyno ........ $750 Yep.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:32 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Mark@ Baker Drivetrain
Want me to find you a good indy?
Thanks Mark1 ..... no problem. As you know new header pipe install is not rocket science and I can sure tackle it.
Was in one of my impulsive modes and had the cash to do it......quick. I haven't had the time and our season is likely 96% over. Looking for the quick install and then a quick Friday afternoon ride to celebrate.
Maybe the last afternoon in the 70's this Friday for awhile according to the forecast...........

Then I start thinking, would a cat-less (modified) OEM head pipe do basically the same thing - for a lot less money......... probably.
Always liked the look of the Power Dual Pipe

Quick Reply: TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII