The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by ultracan
Especially since she is too stubborn to go slow.
I have been overdoing mine and have paid for it. Kristi just shakes her head now....

Old 01-14-2017, 07:35 AM
Bosnianrider
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good Morning Gentleman...I was on earlier with Jeremy, but no one else was around so I went elsewhere. It is 2:30 PM here and I am still in sleepwear, but then that is the occassional benefit of retirement.

To Ultracan...We haven't been introduced, but I noted your post regarding your wife's knee surgery. As a PT I have treated many cases involving knees and would be happy to answer any questions you may have now or in the future. Immediately after surgery usually most people experience significant pain, but after a few days it decreases. The important thing is early motion which can cause swelling. Using ice or cold something helps to reduce both swelling and pain. I am sure they will also keep her medicated for pain. So hopefully there will be no issues and her recovery will proceed well.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:42 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

Chuck I may have missed it, are you an expat or originally from Bosnia?

Old 01-14-2017, 07:46 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Bosnianrider
Good Morning Gentleman...I was on earlier with Jeremy, but no one else was around so I went elsewhere. It is 2:30 PM here and I am still in sleepwear, but then that is the occassional benefit of retirement.

To Ultracan...We haven't been introduced, but I noted your post regarding your wife's knee surgery. As a PT I have treated many cases involving knees and would be happy to answer any questions you may have now or in the future. Immediately after surgery usually most people experience significant pain, but after a few days it decreases. The important thing is early motion which can cause swelling. Using ice or cold something helps to reduce both swelling and pain. I am sure they will also keep her medicated for pain. So hopefully there will be no issues and her recovery will proceed well.
Chuck², I had my second total knee in October so I know what Julia will be going through. Still hobbling around but I have good range of motion 0°-103°. Just working on muscle strength now so I can go riding.

Old 01-14-2017, 07:48 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Good morning Chuck

Old 01-14-2017, 07:50 AM
Bosnianrider
Tourer

I am an expat and have been living in BiH for about 4 1/2 years now. Originally from Baltimore, MD.

Last edited by Bosnianrider; 01-14-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:55 AM
Bosnianrider
Tourer

Russ....you want to try to improve your motion to 110-120 degrees if possible for optimumal function and riding comfort. Usually those last 10-20 degrees of motion are the most difficult to get, but worth the effort in the long run. Muscle strength is also needed both in hamstrings and quadracep muscles. They need to be in balance.

Last edited by Bosnianrider; 01-14-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-14-2017, 07:57 AM
Juan L

That's the tough part Chuck, I have a stationary bike to work on but been busy with other crap and by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is climb on that thing and pedal away

Old 01-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Bosnianrider
Tourer

I really do understand. Are you seeing a therapist or has your rehab been completed? The need for additional motion ie related to the real functional motion needed for everyday tasks. If you feel a stiffness or pulling when you sit "normally" the stiffness should be overcome. You are still early in your recovery so nothing to worry about. It will take a year for the healing process to be completed. I have seen patients that never achieve full functional range of motion and what happens is that at some point they begin to lose motion due to scar tissue build up resulting from the constant tearing of tissue whenever they sit or do something beyond walking in a stiff legged fashion. That is what you want to avoid.

Old 01-14-2017, 08:37 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosnianrider

Thanks Chuck. Yes she is in some serious pain right now. Nothing we were not expecting though. She is tough and will endure the PT I am sure.

Quick Reply: TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII