The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 07:31 AM
Juan L
Received 20,118 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
well 85% of what you see on the news about the united states is bullsh*t the media wants you to believe
Are you saying that the story about Bill fighting with an alien over Hillary is not true?

Old 01-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 515 Likes on 453 Posts

except for that one

Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosnianrider
Bosnia is really a nice place to be so long as you don't need to live on the economy. I have found the people to be welcoming and friendly particularly those who ride motorcycles. The country is mountainous and at times breath taking, the living is inexpensive as compared to the rest of Europe, and in Mostar where I live the sun shines often. The people argue amoungst themselves as the politics suck, but within the biker clubs etc there are no problems. So it is all good.
Very close friend of mine was from there. Fought in the war back in the 90's. Was on the losing side and hauled *** after it was over. Ended up in America and joined the Narine Corps where I met him.

Met a lot of Bosnians through him when I was deployed several times with him. Bosnians landed a lot of contracting jobs with KBR and had their own little worlds on the places we were encamped.

Never been myself but I've spent a lot of time in Ubdina and Rijeka Croatia (I believe those are the names, been 15 years).

I've been all over Europe and despite some of the political and economic issues, Eastern Europe was always my preference.

Last edited by slodsm; 01-13-2017 at 07:42 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:34 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
The wedding chapel in the video made me think of the terrific nuptials Sherri and I enjoyed in Vegas in 1989. We'd lived together for 2 years, called her folks and said let's go to Vegas we are gonna get married. By the time we get there, get the license, etc. it is about midnight.

It's our turn and we go to front of chapel. 'Minister' starts preaching at us and I stop him. I said, 'Look, you have liquor on your breath and if you really are a minister you wouldn't be marrying people at midnight in Vegas, let's just move on.'

Major in-law points for that one.
We got married at the Silver Bells wedding chapel in 1992 with my folks there as well.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Morning Mike

Old 01-13-2017, 07:38 AM
Bosnianrider
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I meant that I do not need to work here and support myself and if you can belueve it my SS is enough to live on here and I am fortunate that Ihave no financial worries excluding the wife's spending habits. The historical district has been much improved and the Mostar bridge has been rebuilt for many years now. However, ther are still signs of the damage from 20 years ago and people are still arguing about the same **** and nothing gets done. As I said the politics are **** and economic policies haven't provided much economic opportunities for the locals unless you know someone.

Last edited by Bosnianrider; 01-13-2017 at 07:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:40 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by slodsm
Very close friend of mine was from there. Fought in the war back in the 90's. Was on the losing side and hauled *** after it was over. Ended up in America and joined the Narine Corps where I met him.

Met a lot of Bosnians through him when I was deployed several times with him. Bosnians landed a lot of contracting jobs with KBR and had their own little worlds on the places we were encamped.

Never been myself but I've spent a lot of time in Ubdina and Slovenia Croatia (I believe those are the names, been 15 years).

I've been all over Europe and despite some of the political and economic issues, Eastern Europe was always my preference.
Welcome Jeremy, I too live in Ft. Worth!

Old 01-13-2017, 07:42 AM
Juan L

Originally Posted by Bosnianrider
I meant that I do not need to work here and support myself and if you can belueve it my SS is enough to live on here and I am fortunate that Ihave no financial worries ezcluding the wife's spending habits. The historical district has been much improved and the Mostar bridge has been rebuilt for many years now. However, ther are still signs of the damage for 20 years ago and people are still arguing about the same **** and nothing gets done. As I said the politics are **** and economic policies haven't provided much economic opportunities for th localsunless you know someone.
Cool! It's a beautiful country and the folks always treated me well. Could be because I was paying in hard currency though.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Man crush, bromance

Old 01-13-2017, 07:45 AM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen

Thank you sir. Best damn city in the world isn't it?

Quick Reply: TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII