The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Morning Tracy!

Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by LiiT
Good morning Morning Woods.

The new room is looking good Marcus! Red cool-aid is going to look great on that carpet!

It's also the day of the year when your shadow is the longest. So any of you Woods that are vertically challenged, this is your day!
Once again, The TOAK delivers!

Old 12-21-2016, 08:46 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Morning Russifer!

Just got a call and I'm gonna have to scoot. Have a great day all!

BBL

Old 12-21-2016, 08:54 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,949 Likes on 19,383 Posts

Originally Posted by BARACU
Morning, Mark.....may have to write a special holiday chapter..." The Ultimate Christmas Week Nap"
Al may be on to something.

https://www.eremedia.com/tlnt/four-r...ng-on-the-job/

The benefits of napping at work

Let’s get into the specifics of the benefits of napping:
1.Nappers are more alert — fMRI scans show, brain activity is and remains higher in nappers throughout day. NASA found their pilots to be 54 percent more alert and able to perform at 34 percent higher capacity after a 25-minute naps.
2.Nappers are more innovative — National Geographic found that bursts of activity occur in the right hemisphere of nappers’ brains—the area that controls creativity.
3.Nappers are happier — A long list of peer-reviewed studies determined that napping improves mood. Happiness leads to higher employee engagement; mood is particularly important considering 61 percent of workers find themselves irritable, particularly when demand is high.
4.Market leaders encourage napping — A SHRM poll found the number of companies with napping facilities was increasing. Think these companies only include the techies in Silicon Valley like Google or Cisco? Nap pods or rooms can be found at the London Stock Exchange, Proctor & Gamble, Nestle, ****, Zappos, Huffington Post—the list goes on. Market leaders across industries are creating cultures that encourage napping and without sacrificing their bottom lines.

Old 12-21-2016, 08:55 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
I will be by Monday. The question is, are your Lions ready for Monday night football?
Sure hope so ... Last Sunday was not very pretty. :>(

Old 12-21-2016, 09:04 AM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Al may be on to something.

https://www.eremedia.com/tlnt/four-r...ng-on-the-job/

The benefits of napping at work

Let’s get into the specifics of the benefits of napping:
1.Nappers are more alert — fMRI scans show, brain activity is and remains higher in nappers throughout day. NASA found their pilots to be 54 percent more alert and able to perform at 34 percent higher capacity after a 25-minute naps.
2.Nappers are more innovative — National Geographic found that bursts of activity occur in the right hemisphere of nappers’ brains—the area that controls creativity.
3.Nappers are happier — A long list of peer-reviewed studies determined that napping improves mood. Happiness leads to higher employee engagement; mood is particularly important considering 61 percent of workers find themselves irritable, particularly when demand is high.
4.Market leaders encourage napping — A SHRM poll found the number of companies with napping facilities was increasing. Think these companies only include the techies in Silicon Valley like Google or Cisco? Nap pods or rooms can be found at the London Stock Exchange, Proctor & Gamble, Nestle, ****, Zappos, Huffington Post—the list goes on. Market leaders across industries are creating cultures that encourage napping and without sacrificing their bottom lines.

Larry, i could have told them that for a lot less money than that study cost...one word:

napsrgud

Old 12-21-2016, 09:05 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Mornin Tracy! Bye Tracy! I noticed a part of my shadow was longer.

Stan, anything beyond Windows XP is out of my experience. The rebuild/repair option is a nice touch, but I am afraid I'd only be of help with google as my assistant on any current Windows incarnation.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:20 AM
corliss@bakerdrivetrain.com
Banned
Received 1,859 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Sure hope so ... Last Sunday was not very pretty. :>(
They needed a spanking to wake them up.

Old 12-21-2016, 09:22 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

I just found out from the local historical society that the property where my shop was located ( I sold out several years ago ) use to be the location of the gate ( in 1859 ) for the Toll Road between Lansing and Detroit. The picture is a bit misleading as I owned all the way up to the waterway crossing the road. Now all I have to do is figure out if I have any "residuals" due to me. This could be big Woodies !!

"DID YOU KNOW!
There used to be a toll booth on Grand River Ave in front of Corky's Auto Repair.
In 1850 the Michigan State legislature approved the building of a road from Detroit to Lansing. Remember Lansing was just approved to be the new state Capitol in the late 1840s. The road would be made of planks of wood 3-4 inches thick and 14 feet long. The planks would go across the road and make a smoother and quicker journey for the wagons and stage coaches traveling to the remote Capitol. A private company built this plank road and was allowed to charge tolls for wagons and carts.

This 1859 map shows the toll house where the toll collector lived ( to the left of the word "GRAND"). The toll house was a simple building in construction. A movable gate would have blocked the roadway in front of the house. The operator would move the gate, clearing a path for the vehicle to travel once the toll was paid. These gates were locked in the closed(down) position every night. Toll houses were located every three to five miles and the cost to use the road was several cents a mile"

Old 12-21-2016, 09:24 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Not near as exciting as historical land ownership, but I got my Mr Horsepower "PeckerWood patch in the mail yesterday

Quick Reply: TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII