The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2016, 09:10 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
I think I'll spend time with my Pop and smoking the turkey to avoid him. Though, I do predict he will be "Last to show, first to go" tomorrow and will cook, clean and prep not a damn thing...as usual
Those are the fun ones. Sometimes its better that way. Its when they are the "Last to show, first to go and first to complain" that you want to smack em hard.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:16 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,422 Likes on 6,599 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
I think I'll spend time with my Pop and smoking the turkey to avoid him. Though, I do predict he will be "Last to show, first to go" tomorrow and will cook, clean and prep not a damn thing...as usual
Been there done that. I have little tolerance for the type...

Old 11-23-2016, 09:20 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,572 Likes on 2,890 Posts

Pretty cool all you guys are having a good ol family Thanksgiving! I like those.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:26 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
For sure.

Are the families getting along or has the fighting started?
I suspect a rather large turnout on Friday for the funeral. Big family on his side. Lots of hugs and what nots. Be good closure.

BTW, pretty cool that you signed his Guest book.
So far, everyone has been well behaved, we'll see if that continues. More than happy to sign the guestbook Tim.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:43 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
So far, everyone has been well behaved, we'll see if that continues. More than happy to sign the guestbook Tim.
Sorry, left for a blizzard. Had to shovel the driveway twice, figured I could use a treat.

Good to hear its still civil.

Old 11-23-2016, 09:56 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by zal
Sorry, left for a blizzard. Had to shovel the driveway twice, figured I could use a treat.

Good to hear its still civil.
Haven't enough liberals fled the United States to fill in all those menial jobs by now? Wait until after 20 Jan then you should be awash in French Poetry professors.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:07 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Haven't enough liberals fled the United States to fill in all those menial jobs by now? Wait until after 20 Jan then you should be awash in French Poetry professors.
I think the wall to stop us Snow Mexicans have stopped them as well. Plus, aren't they busy protesting instead of doing their paperwork to come up?

Old 11-23-2016, 10:12 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Evening Boys - Happy Thanksgiving eve.....

Jack, we 'd be the perfect damn pair if I could share my ragtop with you and you could share with me your secret for growing a bigger pair ........Was just telling Mick the other day I have often 'erred too much in being a peacemaker, when I should've kicked some ***, or at least called some folks down on their bullshit. But, what the heck, I'm not bitchin' these days. Have a good Thanksgiving on the TT Adventure Ride !

Old 11-23-2016, 10:16 PM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
Evening Boys - Happy Thanksgiving eve.....

Jack, we 'd be the perfect damn pair if I could share my ragtop with you and you could share with me your secret for growing a bigger pair ........Was just telling Mick the other day I have often 'erred too much in being a peacemaker, when I should've kicked some ***, or at least called some folks down on their bullshit. But, what the heck, I'm not bitchin' these days. Have a good Thanksgiving on the TT Adventure Ride !
You can only be a fighter or a lover. Then theres Jack, who has mastered both.

Old 11-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,917 Likes on 2,815 Posts

Re-Evening Gents.
Just back from the hospital where Momsee went through the ER due to a leg ailment that flared up. Just had me Dad in a week ago for mild injury from a fall.
The handwriting is on the wall folks. In their early 80's, I'm seeing the decline progress. Both too damn stubborn (farm folk) to throttle back more....the decline will continue.
We had to drug my Grandfather 35 years ago when there were no other choice left but nursing home care and he never forgave his family. I'll be going down the same road eventually with my pops and it's not going to be pretty. If one ails, the other ends up sick or injured after playing nursemaid to the point of exhaustion. Happens every day in the world so we'll get through it but I can see the next 5 years plus will be challenging.

Quick Reply: TOAK The thread of all knowledge VII