The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 08:29 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Mick, you'd better take it easy. Gotta pace yourself.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:31 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

No rest for the wicked, Greg. Once again the little green elves who are supposed to show up to do all this crap couldn't make it.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:40 AM
QC
Club Member

Little bastards are unreliable. Always show up at the wrong time!

Old 07-24-2016, 08:54 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Morning Woods!

Wel at the border they did pull me over. Its just a "Random" Check, happens all the time.

So off to the side I drive, walk in, give them my keys and sit and wait. The guys were really good. Gave them a heads up that if they open the cabinet, watch out incase a helmet falls on their bean. Think that made them loosen up a bit.

Anyways, I HAD a knife in the top console of the truck that my uncle gave me as a Christmas present.

Engraved with my name and everything. Wasn't hiding it. They come back with it asking where I got it. Told them the story that I received it 2-3 years ago from my uncle. He ordered 50 of them and the first shipment was stopped at the border because it was a "switch blade" (prohibited weapon in Canada). He was able to prove to them that its not a switchblade as the blade comes out of the side. Second shipment comes through no problem. 6 months ago they changed the classification of the knife and its a prohibited weapon now.

Had to sign it over to the federal Govt and abandon it. Called my uncle to warn his guys to not go over the border with that knife. Said not to worry about, has another 50 of them Hahaha. That was the excitement of the day. No fine, no warning really and pretty sure no tick on the record. Reason why I carry it was because it has a glass breaker on the side in case I need to break a side glass.

Old 07-24-2016, 08:57 AM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Mornin, Tim. No problem, what's one confiscated gift knife vs. thousands of Syrian refugees? Go Canada!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:01 AM
QC
Club Member

Glad you made it home safe!
Wow, Tim. They're in a tizzy over that little thing? One wood think they have bigger fish to fry. And that it wood be grand-fathered in.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:40 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Recap of WS16 for me.

The week was spectacular. The rides that were planned, the place we stayed, the places we ate were all top notch. The best of the best. I don't think I can express my Thanks enough to Russ. Russ, seriously, Thank You! You took an idea of a get together and ran with it. I hope you get some personal satisfaction of how big everyones smiles were, the compliments that were made and the best atmosphere possible that was present. You took a group of 18-20 people, got them together and gave them a hell of a week. A week that will be burned in everyones minds and hearts for honestly the rest of their lives. Not only that, but I do believe this week also helped seal life long friendships!

It was mentioned before, everyone that were there are exactly how they are behind the keyboard. The only person who is different is Lou. He is way funnier in person! Too bad he get modded too much on here!

In my mind, its amazing how many strangers that only a few have ridden with before, can get together, pound the pavement and ride as smooth as we did. No incidents, no accidents, just miles. Everyone was looking out for each other, riding for themselves and for the others. Its like we have all ridden together before. I personally didn't know what to expect, had an expectation and it completely blew my mind! Kudos to all of you! And Thank You!

Unfortunately, we did have an incident. Not going to get into details as we all know the incident. My take is this and from my point. I tried to my best ability. Did I try hard enough, probably not. But thats the fun part about being and Adult. I can pick and choose who I want to associate with. I don't need to apologize. I had a bad vibe and I trust my instincts. Cindy has some demons she needs to take care of, if she wants, but I can choose to not get involved. I will give her credit for coming out, but in my mind, her agenda was different than ours. Unfortunately she brought some of the Woods into her world and that is sad, cowardly and immature.

Final tally on the truck was 3417 miles round trip with 1409 miles on the bike! Not bad for this Canadian boy!

Again, Thank You to all the Woods for a trip of a lifetime. You guys and gals are great people, and great friends.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:42 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OKMICK
Mornin, Tim. No problem, what's one confiscated gift knife vs. thousands of Syrian refugees? Go Canada!
Originally Posted by QC
Glad you made it home safe!
Wow, Tim. They're in a tizzy over that little thing? One wood think they have bigger fish to fry. And that it wood be grand-fathered in.
Welcome to our gov't. Probably would be grandfathered in, but would need some sort of paperwork. Pretty sad that you would have to keep a record for a knife. Could have been worse. I could have my 15 min of fame on Border Security!

Old 07-24-2016, 09:45 AM
QC
Club Member

Nice, Tim!
Time to Denny the bike. I could be gone for a while. Pray for me.

Old 07-24-2016, 09:47 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, this guy has a truck, trailer and bike to Denny up as well. Hopping the Mrs will give me a hand with that! LOL.

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part VI