The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part VI

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,258 Likes on 19,089 Posts

Remember ... You can pick your friends and pick your nose but please don't pick your friends nose.

Old 06-27-2016, 08:41 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 514 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
Remember ... You can pick your friends and pick your nose but please don't pick your friends nose.
i've had a few real friends pick off a hanger

Old 06-27-2016, 08:46 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
I'm all in for seat recommendations, guys. Any experience with one like this?

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/800-078
Not sure why you whoosies need them fancy seats, us hard cores run what we brung, hell..I've made it 25 or 30 miles to a far distant Starbucks on some of my longer runs.

Mornin' all

Tried the Mustang with the backrest and it seemed nice if a bit hard, while a nice seat I could see buying a cushion for it on them longer than 25 mile trips.

Wife has decided today is now fireworks day, so possibly a Kubbing to Wisc is in the works, always a nice ride.

Going with the bigger is better, theme this year.
Neighbor down the block has bested us three years running, it has to end.

Al

Old 06-27-2016, 08:49 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 49,258 Likes on 19,089 Posts

Neighbor down the block has bested us three years running ... and you've waited this long to regain your Pyrotechnic status ??

Old 06-27-2016, 08:53 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Not sure why you whoosies need them fancy seats, us hard cores run what we brung, hell..I've made it 25 or 30 miles to a far distant Starbucks on some of my longer runs.

Getting old Al.

40 years ago I rode all over the southeast on a KZ650 Kawasaki and had a ball

Mornin' all

Tried the Mustang with the backrest and it seemed nice if a bit hard, while a nice seat I could see buying a cushion for it on them longer than 25 mile trips.

It did take a while to get broken in that's for sure. But now I'm pretty good for a few hundred before I start getting ***-itis. A cushion just helps put it off a few hundred more miles.

Wife has decided today is now fireworks day, so possibly a Kubbing to Wisc is in the works, always a nice ride.

Going with the bigger is better, theme this year.
Neighbor down the block has bested us three years running, it has to end.

I like the way you guys think

Al

I should also mention that seat I got moved me back almost 2".

Old 06-27-2016, 08:55 AM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,915 Likes on 2,814 Posts

Mornin, Woods,Woodettes and lurkers. Off to shop for a wading pool for the upcoming first birthday weekend bash. Will also be seat shopping for the bike. One of the hold down brackets has separated from the seat base.

Now Mick, If'n you're talking about young Master Waylon...........

Old 06-27-2016, 09:04 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Mornin, Woods,Woodettes and lurkers. Off to shop for a wading pool for the upcoming first birthday weekend bash. Will also be seat shopping for the bike. One of the hold down brackets has separated from the seat base.
I remember the days of wading pools for the kids. Then came the larger ones about 3ft tall where you actually have to have a decent sized and level spot for them.

I remain convinced that if there truly is a place called Hell, and I make it there after I have assumed room temperature, they will have me trying to level out a spot and set those damn things up for eternity.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:06 AM
Michelob96
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Good morning Woods!! Hope you are all well. Checking in from Toad River. Watching moose play in the lake while waiting on batts to charge. Forgot to plug em up last night. Somehow have managed to get back on schedule. Running to Whitehorse today. Should make Tok tomorrow, depending on construction delays. Tim has been a big help. Nice having contact with a Wood!! And Tim, there still is no "they" in Beerwood. I couldn't find anyone crazy enough to make this ride with me!! Still planning on the gathering in Avon. Have a good one all!!!!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:10 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Michelob96
Good morning Woods!! Hope you are all well. Checking in from Toad River. Watching moose play in the lake while waiting on batts to charge. Forgot to plug em up last night. Somehow have managed to get back on schedule. Running to Whitehorse today. Should make Tok tomorrow, depending on construction delays. Tim has been a big help. Nice having contact with a Wood!! And Tim, there still is no "they" in Beerwood. I couldn't find anyone crazy enough to make this ride with me!! Still planning on the gathering in Avon. Have a good one all!!!!
Very glad things are going pretty well for ya Beerwood! Man I am looking forward to some pics!

Also looking forward to meeting you in Avon to hear some stories

Stay safe!

Old 06-27-2016, 09:12 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member

17 days until departure

:icon_chi ckendance:

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part VI