The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part V

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 04:43 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,803 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Have a good one, Tracy!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:31 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 36,879 Likes on 17,363 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
Mick, it sounds like you're trying to get around signing up with an internet provider. Good luck...
No, I kept the internet, just dropped all the TV stuff. I did go buy a ROKU player. I like what it does, thinking I am gonna return the Netgear thing.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:35 PM
QC
Club Member

What is a ROKU?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

It is a streaming media player. Tons of free channels and things of interest. I bought the Roku 3

https://www.roku.com/

Old 02-13-2016, 05:42 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by OKMICK
No, I kept the internet, just dropped all the TV stuff. I did go buy a ROKU player. I like what it does, thinking I am gonna return the Netgear thing.
We have a roku. Like it a lot. Ditched cable TV years ago. Props!

Old 02-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

I see Greg's recounting of the tale told by his friend has been completely discounted by the forum detectives. Greg, to maintain 100% credibility, I'm afraid you're going to have to question your friend again and this time you may want to use sodium pentothol as a tool for achieving accurate answers to your questions. Please explain that it is not because you doubt him, but that his story has been called into question by the peanut gallery at HDF. I also recommend the use of some restraints and bright lights if you have them handy. If you are unfamiliar with the dosage amounts and administration of the drug, please see the following guidelines currently in use by various alphabet agencies:

For narcoanalysis and narcosynthesis, premedication with an anticholinergic agent may precede administration of Pentothal. After a test dose, Pentothal (Thiopental Sodium for Injection) is injected at a slow rate of 100 mg/min (4 mL/min of a 2.5% solution) with the patient counting backwards from 100. Shortly after counting becomes confused but before actual sleep is produced, the injection is discontinued. Allow the patient to return to a semidrowsy state where conversation is coherent. Alternatively, Pentothal may be administered by rapid I.V. drip using a 0.2% concentration in 5% dextrose and water. At this concentration, the rate of administration should not exceed 50 mL/min.

Please post the results of your narcoanalysis in the aforementioned thread.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:46 PM
QC
Club Member

So does this give you access to your local stuff plus the channels that you normally watch?

Old 02-13-2016, 05:48 PM
QC
Club Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
I see Greg's recounting of the tale told by his friend has been completely discounted by the forum detectives. Greg, to maintain 100% credibility, I'm afraid you're going to have to question your friend again and this time you may want to use sodium pentothol as a tool for achieving accurate answers to your questions. Please explain that it is not because you doubt him, but that his story has been called into question by the peanut gallery at HDF. I also recommend the use of some restraints and bright lights if you have them handy. If you are unfamiliar with the dosage amounts and administration of the drug, please see the following guidelines currently in use by various alphabet agencies:

For narcoanalysis and narcosynthesis, premedication with an anticholinergic agent may precede administration of Pentothal. After a test dose, Pentothal (Thiopental Sodium for Injection) is injected at a slow rate of 100 mg/min (4 mL/min of a 2.5% solution) with the patient counting backwards from 100. Shortly after counting becomes confused but before actual sleep is produced, the injection is discontinued. Allow the patient to return to a semidrowsy state where conversation is coherent. Alternatively, Pentothal may be administered by rapid I.V. drip using a 0.2% concentration in 5% dextrose and water. At this concentration, the rate of administration should not exceed 50 mL/min.

Please post the results of your narcoanalysis in the aforementioned thread.
I knew the risks of posting that info. They can hash it out.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:48 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
So does this give you access to your local stuff plus the channels that you normally watch?
Can't speak for others but we can't use the ruku for local. I use an antenna for local.

Old 02-13-2016, 05:55 PM
OKMICK
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by QC
No, got a high def antenna that brings in the over the air stuff like local news, sports, etc. in HD.

I found myself watching very little on the u-verse menu, I am a news and sports guy. The ROKU has the other stuff I watch like Smithsonian, History, etc.

We'll see. The 200 bucks to att every month just wasn't worth it. Most likely get Netflix for 10 bucks after I see their movie list.

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part V