The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part V

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 10:37 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Morning all.

Good luck to those having a rough go of it lately.

Temps close to 60 here today, ice fishing may be almost over for the year, not all that sorry to see it go.

Ordering new fork tubes and if all goes well, by the time the salt and sand is off the roads, I'll be ready to ride a bit.

May try and get my soft water fishing gear ready for this spring, Superior has trout biting well even now and may try and get up there soon.

For those not retired, have a great weekend, for the rest of us, have a great day.

al

Old 03-06-2016, 10:38 AM
zal
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,087 Likes on 1,601 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
You mean how did it happen? He was pouring gas into a hot mower. It flashed. He has his first graph surgery Monday.
Ok, now I remember you mentioning that. Was that a couple months ago?

Old 03-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,835 Likes on 19,328 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Morning all.

Good luck to those having a rough go of it lately.

Temps close to 60 here today, ice fishing may be almost over for the year, not all that sorry to see it go.

Ordering new fork tubes and if all goes well, by the time the salt and sand is off the roads, I'll be ready to ride a bit.

May try and get my soft water fishing gear ready for this spring, Superior has trout biting well even now and may try and get up there soon.

For those not retired, have a great weekend, for the rest of us, have a great day.

al
May try and get my soft water fishing gear ready for this spring ... All I could think of was "Hey Culligan Man"

Old 03-06-2016, 10:42 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry
May try and get my soft water fishing gear ready for this spring ... All I could think of was "Hey Culligan Man"

Old 03-06-2016, 10:42 AM
LiiT
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 834 Likes on 582 Posts

Out fer a while fellers.

Later!

Old 03-06-2016, 11:31 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Now that you mention it..

Al

Old 03-06-2016, 12:22 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27,828 Likes on 6,493 Posts

I like Ricky ... of course one of my favorites was Highway 40 Blues
Originally Posted by LiiT
I like Ricky just fine. Especially back when he was playing with Tony Rice, Sam Bush, and others
Way back in the early '80's, I went to see someone, I think it was Hank Jr. Ricky Skaggs opened for him. It was before he was famous, nobody here knew who he was. I was in the back parking lot drinking a beer and saw this dude standing there outside all dressed up. I figured he was a band member so I walked up and asked him if he was playing in Hanks band. He said no, he was opening for him, told me his name was Ricky Skaggs. I remember his boots. He had some bad *** custom boots on.

I asked him if he wanted a beer and he declined. We chatted for probably 10 minutes then said he had to go inside. Real nice dude, and I was kinda shocked when he opened up. Knew he would make it big...

Gary Stewart signed a whiskey bottle for me in a bar one night, and I got to see Stevie Ray live before he died.

That's not really awesome, but it ain't a bad resume either...

Old 03-06-2016, 12:25 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

He didn't open for Hank Jr he opened for Ronnie Milsap.

Saw Hank shortly after that, got em mixed up...

Old 03-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,835 Likes on 19,328 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneBone
Way back in the early '80's, I went to see someone, I think it was Hank Jr. Ricky Skaggs opened for him. It was before he was famous, nobody here knew who he was. I was in the back parking lot drinking a beer and saw this dude standing there outside all dressed up. I figured he was a band member so I walked up and asked him if he was playing in Hanks band. He said no, he was opening for him, told me his name was Ricky Skaggs. I remember his boots. He had some bad *** custom boots on.

I asked him if he wanted a beer and he declined. We chatted for probably 10 minutes then said he had to go inside. Real nice dude, and I was kinda shocked when he opened up. Knew he would make it big...

Gary Stewart signed a whiskey bottle for me in a bar one night, and I got to see Stevie Ray live before he died.

That's not really awesome, but it ain't a bad resume either...
Yep ... that'll look good on your "I was there when" Jack. Met a few "prestigious people" in my day but if I ever get the chance I'd sure love to be somewhere when Willie's tour bus made an "unscheduled stop" in the middle of nowhere and he walked in the bar and did a couple of numbers, musical, that is :>)

Old 03-06-2016, 12:27 PM
LoneBone
Seasoned HDF Member

Hank Jr was probably the most talented artist I've ever seen. He played every instrument in his band except the drums. Did this while sipping whiskey the whole show. Had a bottle and a glass on a bar stool next to him. I'm sure he was buzzed, but he never seemed drunk.

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part V