The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part V

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:55 AM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

Morning all.
Diet pop makes ya drunker huh, now I understand the diet coke and rum thing.

Sitting here waiting for a buddy to show up to go fish a small tourney, predicting rain, snow and probably sleet..I think I'll hide in the truck till it's over.

Found the dam fork tubes, gonna need a bigger lathe than what I have to shorten and rethread, I emailed the company and will see if they can, or maybe cheaper to just buy a set of 2" over.

Sounds like a get together that went well, always nice to put a face with a name or just meeting people again.

Have a great day.

Al

Old 02-28-2016, 06:00 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
If he gets up this way I'll go have a meal with him. It's probably best I not go down there to see him as he lives with his Mom and her current husband. He is wary of coming back to this part of the state as there are many bad influences, old friends and haunts, that could get him in trouble again.

Maybe if you had have been able to stay in his life, you wood have kept him on the straight and narrow?

Old 02-28-2016, 06:01 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Morning Al. Good luck on the Derby.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:11 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Yeah Mike. When she and I started to drift apart he was spending weekends with me. I payed him to do chores at my apartment and we'd have Sunday dinner...she never came for dinner. I took him fishing, taught him some computer stuff. Had a bit of "the talk" with him (that was weird) and generally tried to steer him in the right direction. Once things got distant she drifted to meth and dated a dealer, he ended up working for the dealer and doing meth too.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:13 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
Yeah Mike. When she and I started to drift apart he was spending weekends with me. I payed him to do chores at my apartment and we'd have Sunday dinner...she never came for dinner. I took him fishing, taught him some computer stuff. Had a bit of "the talk" with him (that was weird) and generally tried to steer him in the right direction. Once things got distant she drifted to meth and dated a dealer, he ended up working for the dealer and doing meth too.

That SUCKS! How easy it is to influence the young minds! Those dealers have no conscience!

Old 02-28-2016, 06:26 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

Yeah, I did not ask what cost him almost 6 years in prison...figure somethings are better off not being asked or told.

My relationship with her was really captured by a Henry Rollins song "Burned Beyond Recognition", which is really quite a simple song lyrically but tells so much more if you can read into it. 2 people that are attracted to each other but can never be together, not in a "Happily Ever After" way. I guess that it is good that things did not work out. Looking back I am glad I was not pulled into what her world became.

"I like you, but I don't like you
I want you, but I don't want you
I touched you, but I don't touch you
I need you, but I don't need you"

http://www.metrolyrics.com/burned-be...lins-band.html

Old 02-28-2016, 06:29 AM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Time to get some Shuffling done.

Have a good day.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:38 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

Ended up not having to werk last night. Apparently they changed the date for this change to next Saturday but failed to tell me so. I will charge an hour of overtime for my troubles.

Since this is now rescheduled for this coming Saturday evening I will be working both weekend days and 12 days in a row....which is nothing compared to what some like Dungeon Master Mike and others have to do but very unusual for my job and team, which is NOT a 24x7 team. But that is what gets me the OT...if we were a 24x7 operation they would give me comp time elsewhere, which is nice if the weather is agreeable but this time of year there is not much I can do with a free weekday

Old 02-28-2016, 06:43 AM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Morning, morning Woods.

Old 02-28-2016, 06:48 AM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

Mornin SnuffalupaRuss

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part V