The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:55 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
People often complain about the police, but you rarely hear about the positive things they do, such as this incident involving a biker and a frozen carburetor.

It began: "On behalf of my daughter Jill..."
It's that type of dedication to the public safety that often goes unrecognized. I agree Greg, these stories don't get enough attention!

Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,799 Likes on 9,866 Posts

No they don't.

How's the knee holding up?

Old 09-29-2015, 08:11 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,707 Likes on 2,158 Posts

What a freakin day! Ever been the Go To Guy and had to do 2 peoples jobs all the times? Prolly so from the impression I get from the TOAK. I need a drink, but I am a lightweight (i.e. cheap date) and am watching the kids while the wife is out getting groceries.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:14 PM
Juan L
Received 20,117 Likes on 10,260 Posts

Originally Posted by QC
No they don't.

How's the knee holding up?
It's not as good as I had hoped to be honest. It is clicking and popping and still causes me a great deal of pain. I guess it's one of those things I'm just going to have to live with. As soon as all these people are out of my house and I don't have to shuffle three cars early in the morning, I am going to start going back to the gym. They have stationary bikes there that I need to work on.

In other news, my sister closed on her house today! Yeah! While I love her, I really want her to be in her house and to take my nephew and her barking dogs with her. It's been a long 4 months and I've only had to get in my nephew's *** a couple of times.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:16 PM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Evening fellas.

Went to go look at a barn for storing my camper. Apparently the lady can't. Ensure worth chit. Good thing I went looked first before towing the trailer over there.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:19 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rwhisen
It's not as good as I had hoped to be honest. It is clicking and popping and still causes me a great deal of pain. I guess it's one of those things I'm just going to have to live with. As soon as all these people are out of my house and I don't have to shuffle three cars early in the morning, I am going to start going back to the gym. They have stationary bikes there that I need to work on.
My Pop had both his knees replaced and keeping them active is key. The bike will help, swimming will help if you don't over do it.

On a funny yet sad related note...my Pop has 2 different knees now. The model they used in the first replacement (right) was discontinued before they did the 2nd replacement. I'd like to blame the VA since they did the replacement but its prolly not fair to do so.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:20 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,799 Likes on 9,866 Posts

Mark, I'm that guy not so much now that I've moved into the QC room, but I was for many years. It gets old pulling one *** out of the fire after another.

Well, that stinks, Russ. Drs are sure it has healed and attached properly?

Old 09-29-2015, 08:23 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by PapaThiele
What a freakin day! Ever been the Go To Guy and had to do 2 peoples jobs all the times? Prolly so from the impression I get from the TOAK. I need a drink, but I am a lightweight (i.e. cheap date) and am watching the kids while the wife is out getting groceries.

I've lerned to train everyone that I'm not the go to guy. Slow and steady wins the race.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:25 PM
ultracan
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by rwhisen

In other news, my sister closed on her house today! Yeah! While I love her, I really want her to be in her house and to take my nephew and her barking dogs with her. It's been a long 4 months and I've only had to get in my nephew's *** a couple of times.

Don't let my wife hear that! She has to have both knees replaced. Doc told her that there is nothing left in there!

Old 09-29-2015, 08:25 PM
PapaThiele
Seasoned HDF Member

Greg, its not one *** after another for me, I have 1 guy that does Operations Support with me for our department and he couldn't find his own *** with a search warrant. He's as good as gone since he is looking for another job already and almost 100% gone come years end, but that just means I will still be doing 2 peoples jobs for 1 check.

Anyhow...thanks for letting me vent...and for the venting info you PM'd. See what I did there?

Quick Reply: TOAK- Thread Of All Knowledge- Part IV